31 replies to this topic

#16 gflooser

gflooser

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:00 AM

nicalodian, i hope your feeling better. maybe you will be doing better in your 2nd trimester. good luck to you.
i am 25 weeks along and for the first 12 weeks i was miserably sick. i never through up though so i didn't need to go the medicine route. it definately is no fun!
i have a question to those of you who take unisom. i have since the beginning of my pregnancy, experienced terrible insomnia. i average 4 hours of sleep per night! i tried tylenol pm, but it didn't help a bit. i wonder if this is something i should bring up to my dr.
thanks!
gluten-free for 7 years pos. biopsy
98 pounds lost!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 sweetpea

sweetpea

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:11 AM

It's definitely worth bringing up.
Diagnosed with Celiac disease (blood test and biopsy) April 2008.

#18 gflooser

gflooser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:14 AM

It's definitely worth bringing up.

are you feeling better???
98 pounds lost!!!!

#19 sweetpea

sweetpea

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:54 AM

are you feeling better???

Actually, I had a relapse and have been worse. I've been in the hospital since last Friday and will probably be here until I deliver. They said they'll induce this Friday though, so only a few more days! Although I would rather be at home with family on Thanksgiving than in the hospital.

#20 Laennie

Laennie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

It's no good to be stuck in the hospital so long, especially during the holidays like this. I've spent more time in the hospital in the last year & a half than I thought I would wrack up during most of my lifetime lol. I always HATED being in the hospital. The 1 night I spent while I was pregnant I was soo uncomfortable that I got 1hr of sleep. Couldn't wait to get home, then when I was in the hospital those 4 days after my c-section was horrible too. Mostly it was the nurses, I swear I'd barely finish feeding my son, send him back to nursery & get to sleep & they'd wake me up again. I hope you have someone who can stay overnight with you to help you, especially if you have a c-section. After that I told my husband, "Sorry you don't fit on their couch but you & Mom or somebody have to work out a rotation to stay with me next time because I can't deal with that again" lol. They weren't pregnancy related but in Feb I spent about 3 or 4 days for pneumonia & then 4 or 5 days in March when I broke my leg & had surgery. I hope to never have another hospital stay besides having a baby again lol.

I hope that you get lots of visitors to keep you from getting lonely & I hope you start to feel better again. Good luck on Friday! Do you know what you're going to have?

#21 sweetpea

sweetpea

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

Thanks! Being in the hospital is no fun. I'm looking at spending 10 days straight here, as long as it's a vaginal delivery (which it should be). I am however going to beg the doc to let me go home just for Thursday, b/c I haven't seen my daughter since last Friday. My in-laws took her to their house five hours away so that my husband would still be able to go to work while I'm in the hospital. I'm glad she's with family, but I really miss her! (she's about 20 months old.)
We're having a girl - Sarah Grace.

#22 Laennie

Laennie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:05 PM

Ugh! I know what you mean about missing your little girl. When I was in the hospital in Feb & March they had the Swine Flu ban on the hospitals so my son couldn't come see me. When I was in with pneumonia my room was on a high enough floor that my in-laws drove up to the top of the parking garage & took him out & I could see him from the window in the hall. He was only about 7 months old then. Then 3wks later I was back with a broken leg. The day after my surgery, so 3rd day in hospital, they brought Keegan into the lobby & my husband wheeled me down to see him. Of course it wasn't the same thing as being able to spend 30min-1hr seeing him but at least it was better than nothing.

I really hope they let you go home, at least for a short time on Thursday. Congrats on your new baby girl in case I'm not on here again for a while :)

#23 gflooser

gflooser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:19 AM

sweetpea, how are you doing? are you still in the hospital? hope you are feeling well!
98 pounds lost!!!!

#24 sweetpea

sweetpea

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:36 AM

Thanks for checking in! I was induced on 11-26. Sarah Grace is healthy, and I'm MUCH better!

#25 K8ling

K8ling

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:15 AM

I have Hypermesis Graviduram - which is severe and excessive nausea and vomiting in pregnancy - to the point where you lose a significant amount of weight and are unable to carry on w/ your daily life - so I know a lot about the different meds used.

Most importantly, Zofran - in pill form or ODT - is NOT gluten free! I took Zofran ODT my entire first pg w/o knowing this - and spent the whole 9 months in a vomiting, dehydrated fog. This pregnancy I have been taking the liquid form of Ondansetron (Zofran), and it has not caused the fogginess of the ODT. (For a month or so I took the IV form through my PICC line.)

I also take Unisom, and it has been amazing this pregnancy!

Let me know if you are still having problems.

www.helpher.org is a fantastic resource.

I get my zofran through CVS and I was told it IS gluten-free. Corn Starch is used as a binder. I take it as needed and have had no problems with it.
Diagnosed with Gluten Allergy April 2010. Family history of Celiac disease and bowel cancers. Already feeling a billion times better since going gluten free.

#26 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

Thanks for checking in! I was induced on 11-26. Sarah Grace is healthy, and I'm MUCH better!

Such great news!!! Congratulations and welcome, Sarah Grace :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#27 sweetpea

sweetpea

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:35 PM

I got my Zofran directly from Glaxo-smith Kline, and it wasn't gluten free - at least not when I got it in late 2008 and early 2009. I've heard that it depends on where it was manufactured. Too risky for me b/c I was reacting to it.

This time I took the liquid orally, or I took it through my PICC line.

#28 Laennie

Laennie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

Yay! Congrats Sweetpea!

#29 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

Congrats indeed! A happy Thanksgiving baby for 2010 is born. :)
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#30 gflooser

gflooser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:33 AM

congrasts on a healthy baby AND feeling better!!!!!!!!!!!
98 pounds lost!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: