Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Any Good Gf Magazines?

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I'm looking for the name(s) of a few good gluten-free magazines that come out regularly and contain reliable information and are pretty interesting to read. I haven't done much research on it...I'm in the middle of final exams, but if you know of any...would you mind posting the info.? I would like some regularly updated Celiac medical info. and maybe some recipes in the magazine(s) if possible. THANKS A BUNCH! ;) -Julie

Ads by Google:

Julie-

Here are two that I read. I have a subscription to Living Without--it is larger than Gluten-Free Living, but it is not only for Celiacs, it also has some articles on other food allergies/intolerances. But each issue has several articles dealing with Celiac, gluten. These are the 2 I know of. Some places, like Wild Oats where I live, sells each magazine when the issues comes out. I also like Living Without because it always has quite a few recipes in the magazine, which are gluten free. You can check them out here:

www.livingwithout.com/

www.glutenfreeliving.com/

Oh, a little more... gluten-free Living might have more consistent info for you on gluten... And I'd also say Living Without might be helpful for a parent, b/c it has articles on dealing with your children's intolerances, schools etc...

Do you get the newsletter from this website or from Clan Thompson? That is another way to get good updated medical-type info. (http://www.clanthompson.com/index.php3)

Clan Thompson newsletters are very informative. I check out that site occasionally for info.

I agree with the Gluten Free Living suggestion...thats a good magazine :D

I really like the Living Without magazine. It's nice because it often has recipes & such dealing with *other* food allergies (that seem to be common to celiacs) - they usually have a couple in there that exclude dairy or eggs in their ingredients. Also - though it isn't specifically for celiacs, I've found that a huge portion of it deals with gluten intolerance. They have lots of ads for gluten-free products & such.

I've been kind of wary of Gluten free Living because they seem to suggest scary things! I know that the board on this magazine is highly respected, but has anyone else noticed anything questionable coming from GFL? The idea of this magazine sounds cool - but I'm concerned that they could lead me to being glutened! :blink:

- Michelle :wub:

Thank you all so much! B)

I'm gonna research all this great magazine info. this weekend. :)

Many hugs and happy eating,

Julie ;)

I get Living Without. Gluten-Free Living is also pretty popular. Oh, and GIG (Gluten Intolerance Group) comes out with a quarterly newsletter, as well...if you become a member you get the newsletter, some brochures and dining cards, and discounted prices if you go to any of the seminars they have.