- - - - -

Any Good Gf Magazines?

• Please log in to reply

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_imsohungry_*

Guest_imsohungry_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2005 - 04:14 AM

Hey everyone. I'm looking for the name(s) of a few good gluten-free magazines that come out regularly and contain reliable information and are pretty interesting to read. I haven't done much research on it...I'm in the middle of final exams, but if you know of any...would you mind posting the info.? I would like some regularly updated Celiac medical info. and maybe some recipes in the magazine(s) if possible. THANKS A BUNCH! ;) -Julie

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:10 AM

Julie-
Here are two that I read. I have a subscription to Living Without--it is larger than Gluten-Free Living, but it is not only for Celiacs, it also has some articles on other food allergies/intolerances. But each issue has several articles dealing with Celiac, gluten. These are the 2 I know of. Some places, like Wild Oats where I live, sells each magazine when the issues comes out. I also like Living Without because it always has quite a few recipes in the magazine, which are gluten free. You can check them out here:

www.livingwithout.com/

www.glutenfreeliving.com/
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

#3 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:14 AM

Oh, a little more... gluten-free Living might have more consistent info for you on gluten... And I'd also say Living Without might be helpful for a parent, b/c it has articles on dealing with your children's intolerances, schools etc...

Do you get the newsletter from this website or from Clan Thompson? That is another way to get good updated medical-type info. (http://www.clanthompson.com/index.php3)
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

#4 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:22 AM

Clan Thompson newsletters are very informative. I check out that site occasionally for info.

I agree with the Gluten Free Living suggestion...thats a good magazine :D
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#5 bean

bean

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:03 AM

I really like the Living Without magazine. It's nice because it often has recipes & such dealing with *other* food allergies (that seem to be common to celiacs) - they usually have a couple in there that exclude dairy or eggs in their ingredients. Also - though it isn't specifically for celiacs, I've found that a huge portion of it deals with gluten intolerance. They have lots of ads for gluten-free products & such.

I've been kind of wary of Gluten free Living because they seem to suggest scary things! I know that the board on this magazine is highly respected, but has anyone else noticed anything questionable coming from GFL? The idea of this magazine sounds cool - but I'm concerned that they could lead me to being glutened! :blink:

- Michelle :wub:

#6 Guest_imsohungry_*

Guest_imsohungry_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:47 PM

Thank you all so much! B)

I'm gonna research all this great magazine info. this weekend. :)

Many hugs and happy eating,
Julie ;)

#7 celiac3270

celiac3270

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:53 PM

I get Living Without. Gluten-Free Living is also pretty popular. Oh, and GIG (Gluten Intolerance Group) comes out with a quarterly newsletter, as well...if you become a member you get the newsletter, some brochures and dining cards, and discounted prices if you go to any of the seminars they have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: