Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 ali_squidz

ali_squidz

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:08 PM

I love this stuff. I cannot have wheat or dairy but this stuff is fine. Check out the ingredients. It includes Lactase for easy digestion.
http://underground.n...le-infusion.asp
I love the cookie madness flavor.

#18 color_me_confused

color_me_confused

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

Try whey isolates. They are usually lactose free.

about 10 years ago I spent most of my workouts doing Olympic lifts or kettlebells. I miss being in great shape LOL. I used to consume this company's whey isolate: http://proteinfactor...3&cat=31&page=1
you can choose your flavorings and sweetener. It mixes very thin (not cake batter-ish like some products) and is easy to slurp down. Back then I had real trouble with lactose but never with this whey.

#19 GlutenGladi8or

GlutenGladi8or

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

about 10 years ago I spent most of my workouts doing Olympic lifts or kettlebells. I miss being in great shape LOL. I used to consume this company's whey isolate: http://proteinfactor...3&cat=31&page=1
you can choose your flavorings and sweetener. It mixes very thin (not cake batter-ish like some products) and is easy to slurp down. Back then I had real trouble with lactose but never with this whey.

I give ProteinFactor 2 thumbs up.
Brian Gansmann
20+ years of Food Marketing Experience
Specializing in Organic & All Natural Foods

#20 Racer_J

Racer_J

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

I don't have an official diagnosis but, I was using Bluebonnet "100% Natural Whey Protein Isolate Powder". The only ingredients are undenatured whey protein isolate and natural vanilla flavor. It has a warning that it contains milk. It comes from cows that are not treated with rGBH if that is a concern. It also states that it doesn't contain any of the following:

Free of egg, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soybeans.

Also free of corn, yeast, gluten, barley, rice, and sugar.

The company takes allergens very seriously. I didn't have any issues with it that I have had with other foods but, I did rotate it out when I dropped all milk products a while back. I am going to pass it along to my father though since he in need of an easy source of protein and since I trust the product and the company.

Amazon has the 2.2 lb container for $37.69 and when I bought it at Whole Foods last December, it was $44.99 for the 2.2 lb container.

It mixes pretty easily even if you don't use a blender but, it will clump if the liquid you are using is cool so it may be best to use a blender. I would toss it in a blender with water and a banana and thought it had a great taste. It's drinkable with just water but, it's not going to taste delicious that way. I had chosen this product because it was gluten free and besides the vanilla, it didn't have any other ingredients. Natural vanilla can be synthetic though in case anyone is concerned about that. Everything else I found that was gluten free was full of additives, sweeteners, and artificial colours/flavors/etc.
Gluten free since 08/??/2010 due to father being diagnosed Celiac

"Diagnosed" since 05/19/2011 via EnteroLab's $99.00 panel

Gluten Sensitivity Stool Test
Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA 11 Units (Normal Range is less than 10 Units)

#21 AliciaF

AliciaF

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

I'm new here and wanted to provide another option for gluten-free protein powder. I've been using the banana flavor 100% whey protein from Bioplex Nutrition. It says "gluten-free" on the container. I'm not sure about their other flavors but the banana is definitely a safe choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: