6 replies to this topic

#1 Frances03

Frances03

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:36 AM

Yeah I know they aren't them most healthy choice out there! But hey, I'm pregnant, and one craving I get is for those old childhood cereals!!!!!!!! Well I just called them and was told the cocoa pebbles, fruity pebbles and a NEW one called cupcake pebbles that supposedly tastes like cake and ice cream, are all without gluten and made on dedicated lines!! They said they don't certify them gluten free because the FACILITY is not gluten free, but the fact that they are made on dedicated lines is good enough for me!!!!!!! I'm eatin them!! and I'm also going ot make marshmallow treats out of them!! So THERE!!! :)
41 year old homeschooling mom of 5
ttg iga 88, reference range 0-19 gliadin peptide antibody iga 105, reference range 0-31
endoscopy positive for celiac disease, hiatal hernia, major acid reflux damage

diagnosed with arthritis in my teens, thyroid disease in my 20's, epilepsy in my 20's, adult ADD in my 30's,
suffered from joint pain, migraines, seizures, 4 miscarriages, 2 years infertility, scalp rash, bloating, chronic constipation, acid reflux, weight gain, hashimoto's disease, enlarged thyroid, thyroid nodule, extreme fatigue, low vitamin D, anemia, mouth and nose sores
Started gluten-free diet 10/7/09! Never had another seizure after 10 years of epilepsy. TRUE STORY. 2 babies after going gluten-free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Salax

Salax

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:17 AM

Yeah I know they aren't them most healthy choice out there! But hey, I'm pregnant, and one craving I get is for those old childhood cereals!!!!!!!! Well I just called them and was told the cocoa pebbles, fruity pebbles and a NEW one called cupcake pebbles that supposedly tastes like cake and ice cream, are all without gluten and made on dedicated lines!! They said they don't certify them gluten free because the FACILITY is not gluten free, but the fact that they are made on dedicated lines is good enough for me!!!!!!! I'm eatin them!! and I'm also going ot make marshmallow treats out of them!! So THERE!!! :)

You go girl! :D

hmmm, treats....yummie!

Salax
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Celiac Disease - Gluten Free since Feb 2009,
Cow Milk &  Corn free - June 2012,
Gall Bladder Failure - Removed July 2009,
Colitis, Hashimotos Disease, & Diverticulitis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
( )_( )
(='.'=)
(")_(") Eat your vegetables!

#3 ksymonds84

ksymonds84

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:41 AM

I made the marshmallow treats out of the fruity pebbles for my 19 year old away at school and she LOVED them! Hope you enjoy them too!
Kathy

Gluten free 3/08
Negative blood work/positive endoscopy
Fructose Malabsorption
Soy free

#4 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:44 AM

Enjoy :D

M-m-m-m....marshmallow treats... :rolleyes:
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#5 mbrookes

mbrookes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:33 AM

Congratulations on the coming baby. Take this time to indulge yourself with any gluten-free food you want!

#6 buffettbride

buffettbride

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:39 AM

Pebbles rock.

#7 TrillumHunter

TrillumHunter

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:46 AM

I bought the cupcake ones for my kids and they thought they were super-sweet and tasted funny. I actually threw them out--which I rarely do. BUT--they do smell exactly like bakery cupcakes and you are pg, so they may hit the spot for you!

Once I watched my dh eat a whole box of Cocoa Pebbles in a sitting on a dare. We were younger then... :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: