8 replies to this topic

#1 kaki_clam

kaki_clam

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

It's been a few months since I have posted on anything here...so I thought I might write up an update...even if no one reads it...it will chronicle my successes...

If you all remember, my boyfriend moved out shortly after I was diagnosed with Celiac..after about 8 months alone, I met a guy who was kind and understanding of my illness..I got my hopes up, but after a month, my "high maintenance" got to be to much for him and he left. Well, single life isn't so bad right??? So I resigned myself to a life alone....

My mom and I went on a Carnival cruise where I thought I would starve to death...but it turned out that they were AWESOME!! I ate every meal in the dinning room, the hostess came to me every night and helped me pick out my meals for the following day...even if they didn't have something I really liked or wanted, the chef would prepare special meals for me with gluten free sauces, pastas, he made me an incredible corn salsa and a raspberry sauce that made me want to propose marriage!! If you all are gonna cruise, pick Carnival..they took excellent care of me and I didn't starve, I ate like a queen with no touch of illness.

Right before I left on this cruise, I met a guy named Tim. I met him on a dating website where I fully disclosed in my profile my illness and dietary limitations...he was fully informed of what he was getting into and still messaged me. We went on two dates before I left and he made me pine for more the entire time I was sailing in the Caribbean.

When I got home, he asked me out again....we had dinner...and here's the best part...he ordered what I ordered!! He wants to understand....he wants to know how I feel, and what I have to do. He isn't going to go completely gluten free as we looked into it and it doesn't seem overly healthy for a person who isn't Celiac...but he is completely fine with living in a gluten free household and will get his "wheat fix" while at work! I am totally in love.

I feel sometimes that I am jumping in to fast....but I have talked it over with my pals, and they all say...when it's right, it's right...it's not like we are getting married tomorrow or anything, but i do see us expanding our relationship and in my dreams at night...we will eventually marry and live happily ever after.....

feeling good...and crying happy tears.....FINALLY!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,790 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

Glad to see everything is going so well. I am a bit jealous of that cruise and the new boyfriend too for that matter.
Does he have an older brother? :D :D :D
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:57 PM

Does he have an older brother? :D :D :D

.....several......?
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

Yeah Kaki!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5 lynnelise

lynnelise

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

I am so happy for you! :) The cruise sounds awesome and so does the new guy! Congratulations. :)

#6 i-geek

i-geek

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:56 PM

That's fabulous! I'm so glad to hear that your cruise was such a positive experience. And as for the new boyfriend: I knew within a month that I would marry my husband if he asked. We got engaged after dating for only seven months. We've been married for 7.5 happy years now and he's been my best support since I went gluten-free nine months ago (in fact, it was his idea to make the kitchen gluten-free). When it's right, it's right. :)

#7 kaki_clam

kaki_clam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

That's fabulous! I'm so glad to hear that your cruise was such a positive experience. And as for the new boyfriend: I knew within a month that I would marry my husband if he asked. We got engaged after dating for only seven months. We've been married for 7.5 happy years now and he's been my best support since I went gluten-free nine months ago (in fact, it was his idea to make the kitchen gluten-free). When it's right, it's right. :)

I-Geek....this reply made me tear up a little...tonight I am returning home after attending my friend's bachlorette party..it was suppose to be all girls and one guy that we work with who is a great friend to all of us girls...he didn't want to be the only guy..so I invited Tim to come along as well. I knew he didn't want to...but he did..turns out...work guy didn't show so Tim was the only guy.......how can I not love a man who comes to a bachlorette party when he knows no one??? and is the only guy....i don't know if I can wait 7 more months :) Thank you for letting me know that quick romances really work out...and in my head...fairy tales do come true!

#8 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:43 PM

Wonderful update! I'm so happy for you :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#9 MelindaLee

MelindaLee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

I-Geek....this reply made me tear up a little...tonight I am returning home after attending my friend's bachlorette party..it was suppose to be all girls and one guy that we work with who is a great friend to all of us girls...he didn't want to be the only guy..so I invited Tim to come along as well. I knew he didn't want to...but he did..turns out...work guy didn't show so Tim was the only guy.......how can I not love a man who comes to a bachlorette party when he knows no one??? and is the only guy....i don't know if I can wait 7 more months :) Thank you for letting me know that quick romances really work out...and in my head...fairy tales do come true!

I met my DH on a dating website. We were married 13 months after we met. It will be 5 years this New Year's eve. He is a wonderful support as well when I went gluten-free 2 months ago. He loves my baking and we always eat the same meals (at least at home). Dinners out are at places that offer gluten-free menus. There are lots of great men out there that don't mind if things have to be a little more "stuctured" (I refuse to say high maintenance as it's not a choice, it a need.) When it's right, it's right. You deserve happiness!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: