Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Celiac T-shirts

35 posts in this topic

My husband just contributed:

"The Gluten Stops Here"

:D

that's cute Ab... :D

I like the idea of Celiac t-shirts. Did y'all know they're making celiac awareness bracelets now too?

How about:

Celiacs just say "NO" to gluten!

I didn't like the original saying (or the politics behind it) for "drugs", though. I think that Nancy Reagan was the one that started it.

To Kailynsmom: Oh yeah...University of Chicago, University of Maryland (where I got mine), and Melonie (from Yahoo group, Silly Yaks) sells them.

Edited by Coulter

I'm going to make "The Gluten Stops Here" shirt over at CafePress.com :D

What a clever slogan.

How does cafepress work? Can you buy just one shirt? Is it very expensive?

I went to a different website for shirts and played around and the shirt I made you had to buy a minimum of six and even then they were $30 each. Ouch! :huh:

You can buy just one shirt from someone's store and it's much less expensive than creating your own on a website. From the standpoint of starting a store, though, they advertise that you'll make so much money, but if you read the privacy/terms of agreement statement, there are all of these little loopholes--and of course, you have to then report your earnings on that to the IRS, and provide them with various forms, and there are various termination fees and other fees...I was thinking of making one of those once, just for fun to make the shirts, etc., but it's too complicated.

I still recommend www.neighborhoodies.com They have t-shirts you can make for less than $30. And they have bags, hoodies, hats, tank tops, and underwear if you want to put gluten on those too :) I have a hoodie from there and am thinking I am going to get a 'gluten' t from there too. I do like Justin's idea Abby :) I told my dad--he thought it was hilarious!

Thanks, Jen. I'll check neighborhoodies out. I do have a lot of ideas now for t-shirts that I would like to make. Of course, I could just buy a shirt and then iron on a print out from the computer. But I've done that before and they don't last very long with washing.