Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Cough Drops

11 posts in this topic

Can anyone suggest some cough drops? I saw a tiny little post on Ricola...

Ads by Google:

All of the Hall's line of cough drops are gluten-free. As a diabetic as well, I choose the sugar-free black cherry ones.

I use Hall's also :)

I use Hall's also :)

Thank you!

I was so glad I still had some cough drops in the house! But, alas, they are Walgreens brand honey lemon flavored. Ingredients glucose syrup, eucalyptus oil,flavoring, honey, sucrose and yellow No 5.

Shall I risk it?

I wouldn't until I could call and ask--the only suspicious ingredient I see is "flavoring", could be fine but you never know.

I would avoid Hall's BReezers. I became VERY ill to the point that I was throwing up and extreme stomach pain. IT Was so bad that I had a colonoscopy as a result.

Well, no wonder! I've been munching on the Halls for a cough, but I ran out so I switched to a generic brand today because they were in the cabinet. I didn't even think that "flavoring" would be questionable. I thought that maybe my kids cc'd me again today, though I was trying to be so careful.

Can anyone suggest some cough drops? I saw a tiny little post on Ricola...

Just had a bad experience with Ricolla cough drops. They claim to be gluten-free but I am a canary in a coal mine when it comes to gluten containing products. Tough morning....

I also had a bad gluten reaction to Ricola in the last two weeks. Unfortunately, I had a bad case of the flu and a cough so bad I was starting to get sick to my stomach I was coughing so hard, so I was taking their recommended dosage of two every two hours, or whatever it is. I did that for several days in a row. Yeah, I had (what I now know) are gluten symptoms in those couple of days, but I thought it was from the flu! Then I got a bad DH rash. Oops. Gluten. It was the only new thing I was taking. It seems that Swiss gluten-free standards are substantially more lenient than ours.