2 replies to this topic

#1 bonnie blue

bonnie blue

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:53 AM

As I posted last week, my niece's wedding was this past weekend. I decided since only being newly diagnosed that I would bring my own food. First event was the rehearsal dinner on Friday night, I made myself delicious soup and gluten-free cookie for dessert, so yummy!!! Then Saturday the big day, I was a little nervous however the caterer was very nice when I explained my situation, (even though he really didnt know about Celiac.) I prepared gluten-free penne pasta with a light tomato sauce, fruit salad, and a decadent chocolate chunk cookie for dessert. One of my good friends knowing that I was feeling out of place decided that she would also eat with me so that I didnt feel so alone. So here we came to the table with our seperate meals out to our table, we did get some strange looks from people but didnt care at all as our food smelled so good. The best part of the evening is that the food from the caterer wasnt all that great my dad and husband both said the meat and potatoes were very dry tasting, so they ended up eating some of my food!!!
So to sum it all up I had a delicious healthy meal, I felt great, and the best part was that I got to dance with my handsome husband and enjoy the evening. Thank you to everyone who gave and advice and support. :)
Just takin it one day at a time :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Emilushka

Emilushka

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:50 AM

That's absolutely wonderful. Congratulations to your niece and her new husband and to you on your eating success! YAY! It's always nice to hear about the times when things go well. Gives me hope when I'm in the middle of a reaction and feeling like crud. I like being reminded of happy times to come.

#3 sahm-i-am

sahm-i-am

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:54 AM

Hooray Bonnie Blue!
I am so happy the weekend event turned out to be a true celebration!
Such a great feeling when we overcome our fears. But never let your guard down - that gluten is out there just waiting for us to relax! ;)
Diagnosed with Lymphoma March 2010. After surgery doctors said "Oops!"
Diagnosed with Celiac Disease April 2010. After endoscopy doc said "Aren't you glad?"
Uhhh.....yeah!
DD #1 ('99) tested negative on bloodwork but positive on 2 genetic markers. Went gluten free in July 2010 and has been symptom-free ever since!
DD #2 ('98) tested negative and has no symptoms. Didn't fork out money for genetic testing. Will watch and test regularly.
Husband tested positive in July 2010 and has refused to go gluten free. Uh huh, that's gonna bite him in the a** one day! (Pun intended!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: