This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gf Aspirin

debmidge

debmidge Rising Star

Does anyone know of a gluten-free name brand aspirin? Not iburophen or tylenol..regular old fashioned aspirin.

St. Joseph's said they can guarantee cross contamination

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

frenchiemama Collaborator

I use BC Powdered aspirin. It works really fast too.

debmidge Rising Star

Thanks for info, but what is "BC?"

connole1056 Rookie

Anacin caplets, tablets, Xtra strength tablets. Store brands: HyVee microwave thin coating,Safeway (Dominick's,Genuardi's, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Vons) I know you said name brands, but I included these in case you cannot find something.

cdford Contributor

Wher' you from, debmidge? BC is what all the folks from the former generation used for years and years. They swear by it. As I understand it, BC is powdered aspirin, i.e. not in tablet form. You open the little packet, tilt your head back, and let it flow into the mouth. Sounds nasty to me, but it is all my daddy will use.

frenchiemama Collaborator

BC is the brand name as far as I know. It's little paper packets with powdered aspirin inside, about the size of a stick of gum. You can either just drop it on your tongue and wash it down with water or mix it with a SMALL amount of water and gulp it down. It actually doesn't taste as bad as you might think, and I love how quickly it works.

debmidge Rising Star

I'm in NJ. I don't think BC has been around here since I was a kid.

We also do not have these stores in north jersey: Safeway, Tom Thumbs, HyVee, Food Lion, Vons, Dominicks, Genuardi's, Gaint Food, Randalls; hence, that's why I need to know by Brand Name.

We have A & P, Shop Rite, Pathmark, Acme, Foodtown, Kings.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cdford Contributor

I think the only one of those stores we have here is an A & P. BC is a brand name best I know. You live in one of those areas of the country where they have moved past some of the ancient stuff...we could still buy Moon Pies and RC Colas here if we could eat them anymore.

connole1056 Rookie

I worked as an assistant in a pharmacy in a grocery store and I never heard of BC. You guys are freaking me out!! I know my mother and grandmother used to crush up asprin and give it to me with jelly on a spoon and tasting that was nasty. I cannot imagine this BC could actually taste good. But hey, if it works why not?

Archived