This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Suggestion

realmaverick

realmaverick Apprentice

Hey guys,

Loving the forum, it's an awesome resource.

I notice we've quite a diverse crowd here, though I'd say predominantly US based. Much of the advice I received in a particular topic, was aimed at those in the US.

I'd find it extremely useful, to have specific location based forums, especially for gluten free foods and ingredients. I realise there is a forum (Gluten-Free International Room (Outside USA)).

My suggestion would be to have a main forum, called "Gluten free foods and ingredients" and then have "UK, US, Fr" etc as sub forums. By breaking it down to counties, it will be much easier to seek advice from those in our own country, but also create a local database, to help us better find gluten free alternatives.

Also would it be possible, to show our country in the profile field of our posts? That way, at a glance, we can easily see where our fellow posters are from, which may help us better help one another.

Thanks for listening.

Paul

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Hey Real and Mods! Didn't it used to say where we live in the little box with our name & av? Or did I hallucinate this? ( possibility, brain fog & all). I found that helpful with the posters who want to put it out there!

realmaverick Apprentice

It's likely an option in the admin panel, as to whether to show it or not. I'm not suggesting we give exact locations, just the country the person lives in. If some members had an issue, then perhaps an option to hide their location.

mushroom Proficient

Before the forum was upgraded a while ago our locations did used to show in the box in our posts. Even after the upgrade I think it was there for a while, but then it disappeared. You might want to pm or email Scott at admin and ask him about this. I, too, miss being able to know where posters are from.

sa1937 Community Regular

Me three. It did used to say that at the time I joined but as I recall some of them got way too long. I'd love to see a simple location shown (voluntarily, of course). I've always wondered where people are from as we are quite a diverse group.

realmaverick Apprentice

I just accidentally, negatively repped my own post from my iPad. Oops. I'm guessing I can't undo that? Ha

kareng Grand Master

I just accidentally, negatively repped my own post from my iPad. Oops. I'm guessing I can't undo that? Ha

Sometimes my iPad manages to post the same thing twice in a row. Sometimes the Mods delete it for me. I think that may make my iPad even more determined to post twice the next time. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
Loey Rising Star

I just gave you a positive to undo it. I'm going to give you another positive because I've found all of your posts very helpful.

Still sporting my black eye!

Loey hidden-27.gif

Loey Rising Star

I'm the one who was paranoid to list my state because my new GI was dismissive before I got the ulcer diagnosis on top of Celiac (he's done a 360). I was afraid he's see my posts (as if that's what he does in his free time). I also was lucky enough to meet someone in my state before I took it off my profile and it's wonderful to have a new friend who understands the disease and who I also have a lot of other things in common with. Anyway, I'm all for country's being listed. I know that someone is from Australia though I can't remember who. Brain Fog!!!!

Loey

jerseyangel Proficient

I always liked having members' locations in the board profiles too. I'm sure Scott will read this and take it under consideration :)

• 3 weeks later...
BoydBT Apprentice

My suggestion would be to have a main forum, called "Gluten Free Foods and Recipes.

Yes Mods? :)

ElseB Contributor

I second the need for locations to be identified. There's a such a wide variation in products between countries and the exact same product can be gluten-free in one country and not in another. People may read something thinking a product is safe in their country when its not. Just take Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce as the cautionary example. Safe in the US and UK, but here in Canada, its full of malt.

Archived