This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Lara Bars

Rowena

Rowena Rising Star

Okay so everyone is talkin about Lara bars bein awesome and good. And I want them! I love bar type snacks and such. They are wonderful to have for snacks. But I aint seen em at my whole foods store, where do I get them. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you get them at a normal grocery store? Etc...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Okay so everyone is talkin about Lara bars bein awesome and good. And I want them! I love bar type snacks and such. They are wonderful to have for snacks. But I aint seen em at my whole foods store, where do I get them. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you get them at a normal grocery store? Etc...

I get them at Whole Foods--at the WF near me, they are not in the energy bar section but in the prepared food section on top of the big kiosks of foods. Weird place to keep them if you ask me, but did you ask the customer service desk? I've never been in a Whole Foods that didn't carry them.

Don't know where you are but I also used to get them at Kroger, Shop Rite, and Wegmans.

RideAllWays Enthusiast

I live in Canada and can get them at most health food stores, superstore, and costco

kareng Grand Master

Our WF has them in the energy bars and sometimes at the register. I don't like them. Too many dates for my taste. However, 2 of them and another gluten-free kind of mint chocolate went with my 14 year old son backpacking this weekend. He likes them.

I have also seen them other places. Maybe even the convience store.

Emilushka Contributor

They sell them at Kroger and Meijer in Ohio (large grocery stores).

sa1937 Community Regular

Have you tried Kind bars? I really like them better than Larabars. I can find Larabars (not many varieties) at our local Wal-Mart. Giant Foods carries both, but again not all varieties. So much for living in a small market area...no Whole Foods or Wegman's in sight.

shopgirl Contributor

The local Shaw's and Hannaford have them here in their natural/organic food sections. I'm not really a big fan either, I find the date flavor overwhelming. Still looking for some kind of granola / snack bar that's safe for me to eat. I'm kind of an appallingly picky eater.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Have you tried Kind bars? I really like them better than Larabars. I can find Larabars (not many varieties) at our local Wal-Mart. Giant Foods carries both, but again not all varieties. So much for living in a small market area...no Whole Foods or Wegman's in sight.

I love Kind bars and those Nature valley almond gluten-free bars. I prefer a bar that can't get a date. ;)

sa1937 Community Regular

I love Kind bars and those Nature valley almond gluten-free bars. I prefer a bar that can't get a date. wink.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Rowena Rising Star

I love Kind bars and those Nature valley almond gluten-free bars. I prefer a bar that can't get a date. ;)

Ah yes those single bars are definitely a lot nicer. *impish grin* Dont tell my husband that I like my bars single!

All right next time I go to WF I will definitely ask. Its quite possible that I am just plain ole blind... oh wait, yea, I remember now... I am. I cant see outta these infernal glasses. Stupid eye doctor gave me the wrong prescription. My right eye is a whole degree off...

And I will have my husband look at WinCo on his way to his parents house to sort through stuff. If not, we have a Smith's by my apartment, and since a lot of yall said you get them at Kroger, I can assume they will be at Smiths, its sister store.

wheeleezdryver Community Regular

i've found them here in Boise at:

Winco- (by the nutrition bars/ pb/ jams in the cereal isle (this store was just recently remodeled)

Fred Meyer/ Kroger- in the organic foods section, where the rest of the energy bars are. (kind bars are also there)

Walmart- in the pharmacy section, where the nutrition supplement foods/ energy bars are.

REI outfitters (outdoors store)- i had never been in that store before a couple weeks ago, so asked for help. They are with other enegry/ camping type foods there they also have Kind bars (but, for both, unless on sale, they were pretty pricey).

i've heard from other people that they have them at Costco. Or you can order them online.

A week or so ago, I was looking at a list of gluten-free items that Albertsons has on their website, and Larabars are were on the list... now if I can only find them in the store!

You couldn't tell i like Larabars & Kind bars, could ya? :)

Another thing i like from Fred Meyer is 'Just Fruit' bars. they are right by the energy bars. just fruit, NOTHING else added. (don't know if they're just available here in the northwest or not)

Emilushka Contributor

You can also find Lara bars online if you can't find any stores nearby that carry them. I imagine the same is true of Kind bars.

MelindaLee Contributor

You can also find Lara bars online if you can't find any stores nearby that carry them. I imagine the same is true of Kind bars.

I got my Kind bars by the case from Amazon. Great price!

kareng Grand Master

Our WF has them in the energy bars and sometimes at the register. I don't like them. Too many dates for my taste. However, 2 of them and another gluten-free kind of mint chocolate went with my 14 year old son backpacking this weekend. He likes them.

I have also seen them other places. Maybe even the convience store.

In case anyone besides me was worried Matt would eat more than 2 of the 6 date based bars he took on his backpacking trip- he ate part of one. He had snuck some Snickers in. He also loves the freeze dried dinners. Go figure. :)

Jestgar Rising Star

In case anyone besides me was worried Matt would eat more than 2 of the 6 date based bars he took on his backpacking trip- he ate part of one. He had snuck some Snickers in. He also loves the freeze dried dinners. Go figure. :)

:lol: :lol:

I would pick snickers over fruit 'n' nuts too.

jerseyangel Proficient

He had snuck some Snickers in.

Smart move :D

Rowena Rising Star

So I found the Larabars at a WinCo over the weekend, and then yesterday I found a wider variety at my WF of Larabars and just about every kind of Kindbar there was too. I found some others too, anyone tried the "Think Thin" bars? Anyway I pulled some more Larabars, but I aint a big fan of so many nuts, thus the Kind bars didnt seem so appealin... (And I was afraid to try the Larabars at first due to the dates, but they are delicious. Just make me thirsty so I need to make sure to have some sort of drink...)

(PS SNICKERS=yuck to me... dont like the nuts...makes it hard for me to chew. Ill stick with my Larabars...)

jerseyangel Proficient

So I found the Larabars at a WinCo over the weekend, and then yesterday I found a wider variety at my WF of Larabars and just about every kind of Kindbar there was too. I found some others too, anyone tried the "Think Thin" bars? Anyway I pulled some more Larabars, but I aint a big fan of so many nuts, thus the Kind bars didnt seem so appealin... (And I was afraid to try the Larabars at first due to the dates, but they are delicious. Just make me thirsty so I need to make sure to have some sort of drink...)

(PS SNICKERS=yuck to me... dont like the nuts...makes it hard for me to chew. Ill stick with my Larabars...)

Glad you found them! I'm pretty much addicted to the Ginger Snap ones--they go perfectly with my afternoon tea latte :D

MelindaLee Contributor

I tried the think thin bars. They are okay. Kind of chalky. My friend had gastric bypass and needs lots of protein with out sugar, so the think thin bars worked for her. They are better than nothing. (I love the Kind bars, so I choose those first.) I also get the Nature Valley Nut Crunch, but those are all nuts, too, so they probably wouldn't work for you.

Archived