#1 Cheryl_C

Cheryl_C

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:43 AM

Hey folks,

Does anyone have definitive information about Ocean Spray cranberry juice products? (How about their craisins?)

I was looking for info today about the juice, and found some conflicting information. The "official" (American) Ocean Spray website said their juice products are gluten-free. I found another website that said not all Ocean Spray juice products are gluten-free. The Canadian site (since I'm Canadian, I try to get as much Canadian info as possible in case it's different) doesn't mention anything about gluten-free or not.

Does anyone know if the Ocean Spray juices (and craisins) in Canada are safe?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:54 AM

I tend to believe the manufacturers' web sites over posted claims by others. If they are saying the manufacturer is wrong, then they better have some good evidence for me to believe them.

I don't have any reason to suspect that the Ocean Spray products sold in Canada would be any different. I don't have a package handy, but I expect it is the same product with a Canadian label (i.e., metric measures and French). There are some things that differ in Canada, but I've never seen this one mentioned.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Cheryl_C

Cheryl_C

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:12 AM

Thanks Peter. That's a good point - anyone can say anything they like on the internet, so believing the manufacturer is probably more likely to be your best bet. Their post didn't have any information to back it up, it was just a statement.

#4 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:40 PM

I'm in the States and I eat Craisins all the time. On the back of my current bag (Craisins Original) at the top it states peanut free,gluten free and has an astrick beside it and then below states "Excludes Trail Mix items". Hope this helps.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: