Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice?

4 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

Does anyone have definitive information about Ocean Spray cranberry juice products? (How about their craisins?)

I was looking for info today about the juice, and found some conflicting information. The "official" (American) Ocean Spray website said their juice products are gluten-free. I found another website that said not all Ocean Spray juice products are gluten-free. The Canadian site (since I'm Canadian, I try to get as much Canadian info as possible in case it's different) doesn't mention anything about gluten-free or not.

Does anyone know if the Ocean Spray juices (and craisins) in Canada are safe?

Ads by Google:

I tend to believe the manufacturers' web sites over posted claims by others. If they are saying the manufacturer is wrong, then they better have some good evidence for me to believe them.

I don't have any reason to suspect that the Ocean Spray products sold in Canada would be any different. I don't have a package handy, but I expect it is the same product with a Canadian label (i.e., metric measures and French). There are some things that differ in Canada, but I've never seen this one mentioned.

Thanks Peter. That's a good point - anyone can say anything they like on the internet, so believing the manufacturer is probably more likely to be your best bet. Their post didn't have any information to back it up, it was just a statement.

I'm in the States and I eat Craisins all the time. On the back of my current bag (Craisins Original) at the top it states peanut free,gluten free and has an astrick beside it and then below states "Excludes Trail Mix items". Hope this helps.