This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac? Main Symptoms Are Gi And Hives

jessicalw28

jessicalw28 Apprentice

I am 22 years old and have been suffering with noticeable symptoms since June (4 months). I have already posted a similar post, but didn't get very many replies. Since the last post, I have developed some new symptoms. It started with hives that were very bad. I went to an allergist and was prescribed 3 very expensive antihistamines and a course of prednisone. I did not test positive for any allergies. Still had hives after a month, so I went to an immunologist. He did some more tests including thyroid, TTG, liver enzymes, etc. Nothing was abnormal except LDH. It was moderately increased. Not sure what exactly it means. He thinks they are chronic hives and there is not much to be done about them besides antihistamines. They are now at the point where they show up about once a week and last for a day or so. I am currently on allegra, zantac and atarax for the hives.

I had also begun developing some GI symptoms in July: excessive and very foul smelling gas, diarrhea and constipation, rumbling stomach noises, abdominal pain and cramping, and some bloating/distension in my stomach area. I saw a GI doctor about two weeks ago. She suggested that I try a dairy free diet for 1 week. I did it for about 10 days. It seemed to help with the diarrhea and constipation, but not the gas. I do know I am lactose intolerant. After the diet changes, she suggested trying an antibiotic for 14 days to see if I have small bowel bacterial overgrowth. I have been on the antibiotic (xifaxan) combined with a low lactose diet for almost a week now and have had fewer loose stools, but still lots of gas and bloating.

I have some other chronic symptoms that I never really tied together, but they may be related:

Lactose intolerant (diagnosed at age 5)

frequent heartburn (past 4 years)

eczema (since infancy)

frequent stomach upset/nausea (since childhood)

keratosis pilaris (since childhood)

bruising easily (since childhood)

irregular periods (unusually long and sometimes 2 in one month for about 2 years)

frequent mouth ulcers (since childhood)

overweight (struggling with it since childhood)

wearing of tooth enamel (noticed by dentist at last check-up)

anxiety (past 5 years)

lump in throat feeling (occasionally)

sinus problems (constant stuffy nose and sneezing alot- since childhood)

bowel movement urgency

I have not been able to trace my symptoms to any specific foods. I have not tried the gluten-free diet because the GI doc wanted to do an endoscopy after the antiboitic treatment if it did not help. She is suspecting Crohn's, ulcerative colitis, or celiac if the diet and antibiotic do not work. Neither the GI nor the immunologist seem to think the hives are connected with the GI distress.

I would love to have some feedback on this. Does this sound similar to anyone else's symptoms? Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jessicalw28 Apprentice

To add to this...I somehow came across the blood type diets today. As it turns out, my blood type, type O, should avoid grains and dairy. Has anyone tested one of these diets before? I wonder if most people with celiac have type O blood? <_<

vegan lisa Rookie

Several of your symptoms sound like allergic reactions to me. Did the allergist to comprehensive food allergy testing? If your allergist is not one who specializes in food allergies, you might want to find one who does.

Your symptom list is long... I hope you find answers soon. I'm new here, and just figuring it all out too. Hopefully others who know more will jump in and offer their thoughts too.

Lisa

Dixiebell Contributor

You do sound like you need to be tested for celiac disease. Along with your other blood tests, there is a newer more sensitive test, the DGP. Make sure to get your vitamin levels checked too.

BTW your DR. sounds like is she really trying to help you, consider youself very lucky. A lot of people get told 'it's in your head, you need to see a shrink.' Or they get diagnosed with 'IBS'.

The hives would be an allergic reaction to something. I used to get them at random times, sometimes it would be several years between them. My son had a reaction, hives, to latex right after he had a skin biopsy. It is very possible to have a reaction to something now that you haven't reacted to before.

sa1937 Community Regular

To add to this...I somehow came across the blood type diets today. As it turns out, my blood type, type O, should avoid grains and dairy. Has anyone tested one of these diets before? I wonder if most people with celiac have type O blood? dry.gif

Personally I don't belive in "blood type diets". I am diagnosed with celiac through the celiac panel blood test followed by an endoscopy/biopsy (all positive) and I am an A negative. My newly diagnosed daughter is also A negative.

ksymonds84 Enthusiast

My 19 year old daughter who was diagnosed in August gets hives whenever she accidentally ingests gluten. Its mainly on her cheeks. She also has HD (Herpitiformis Dermatitis)type rash on her hip that is finally after almost a year clearing up. Skin rashes and Celiac (other than HD) often go together. Hope you find your answer soon.

jessicalw28 Apprentice

You do sound like you need to be tested for celiac disease. Along with your other blood tests, there is a newer more sensitive test, the DGP. Make sure to get your vitamin levels checked too.

BTW your DR. sounds like is she really trying to help you, consider youself very lucky. A lot of people get told 'it's in your head, you need to see a shrink.' Or they get diagnosed with 'IBS'.

The hives would be an allergic reaction to something. I used to get them at random times, sometimes it would be several years between them. My son had a reaction, hives, to latex right after he had a skin biopsy. It is very possible to have a reaction to something now that you haven't reacted to before.

I have been seen by an allergist who did extensive allergy testing for both food and environmental allergies. Nothing came back positive. And yes, I love my GI doc. She is really trying to avoid the IBS diagnosis. I am seeing a "shrink" for my anxiety, and she thinks it's IBS, but like most on this forum, I don't believe IBS is a diagnosis. I think it's an excuse for not trying hard enough to diagnose you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jessicalw28 Apprentice

My 19 year old daughter who was diagnosed in August gets hives whenever she accidentally ingests gluten. Its mainly on her cheeks. She also has HD (Herpitiformis Dermatitis)type rash on her hip that is finally after almost a year clearing up. Skin rashes and Celiac (other than HD) often go together. Hope you find your answer soon.

Thanks for the input. I don't think I have DH, because my rashes are never painful, just itchy. I have heard that celiac and hives go together.

jessicalw28 Apprentice

Personally I don't belive in "blood type diets". I am diagnosed with celiac through the celiac panel blood test followed by an endoscopy/biopsy (all positive) and I am an A negative. My newly diagnosed daughter is also A negative.

Yeah, it seemed like it may just be some kind of fad diet. Not sure I believe it either. I was just being curious :)

jessicalw28 Apprentice

Thanks for the replies so far. I am still debating whether or not to try the gluten free diet before I go back to the GI doc. I'm not having as much problems with diarrhea since going low-dairy and on the antibiotics, but still get embarassing gas after almost every meal :(

gf-soph Apprentice

Thanks for the replies so far. I am still debating whether or not to try the gluten free diet before I go back to the GI doc. I'm not having as much problems with diarrhea since going low-dairy and on the antibiotics, but still get embarassing gas after almost every meal :(

Since your dr is open to the idea of testing for celiac, if your next appointment isn't too far away I would stay on the gluten until then. If you go off gluten now then further testing will be invalid. Saying that, even with negative testing it could be a good idea to try the gluten free diet, as you do have a lot of symptoms that could indicate that.

If your hives don't improve on the gluten free diet then you might be interested in looking into the RPA elimination diet. It is a scientifically based elimination diet that is used a lot here in Australia. One the symptoms that caused them to develop the diet was people with recurrent hives with no identified triggers. A lot of people have been able to find dietary triggers for their hives using this approach. Of course there are a lot of other symptoms that are linked to food intolerances as well. I have posted quite a bit about this diet previously, you can find more information by going over some of my older posts if you're interested.

sa1937 Community Regular

Thanks for the replies so far. I am still debating whether or not to try the gluten free diet before I go back to the GI doc. I'm not having as much problems with diarrhea since going low-dairy and on the antibiotics, but still get embarassing gas after almost every meal sad.gif

You might want to give up dairy for now. I just tested dairy again and it does not like me. I made a creamy potato soup and had it twice in the past two days (Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup) and felt bloated last night and the big D is back. I've been gluten free for 6-1/2 months and I was hoping it would be OK by now. NOT! I also took Lactaid tablets before consuming it but they never seem to work well for me. I do tolerate Lactaid milk so figure I still have a problem with lactose and not casein.

I would definitely not go gluten free until you see your GI doc if you plan on having further testing done.

Dixiebell Contributor

I have been seen by an allergist who did extensive allergy testing for both food and environmental allergies. Nothing came back positive. And yes, I love my GI doc. She is really trying to avoid the IBS diagnosis. I am seeing a "shrink" for my anxiety, and she thinks it's IBS, but like most on this forum, I don't believe IBS is a diagnosis. I think it's an excuse for not trying hard enough to diagnose you.

I have had problems with anxiety since the mid 80,s. My current Dr. told me that anxiety can cause a lot of my problems. I didn't believe her. I have been gluten-free since the end of May and I have no more anxiety. My anxiety would be over things that, well when I think about now, they were odd. I hated being around people I didn't know, never took a road trip by myself, cause that would have just been crazy. I never pursued anything for very long because I just didn't have the confidence in myself. Luckily my Dr. wasn't able to label me with IBS because my stomach would wake me in the middle of the night and I would feel as though I was in labor. :blink:

jessicalw28 Apprentice

Since your dr is open to the idea of testing for celiac, if your next appointment isn't too far away I would stay on the gluten until then. If you go off gluten now then further testing will be invalid. Saying that, even with negative testing it could be a good idea to try the gluten free diet, as you do have a lot of symptoms that could indicate that.

If your hives don't improve on the gluten free diet then you might be interested in looking into the RPA elimination diet. It is a scientifically based elimination diet that is used a lot here in Australia. One the symptoms that caused them to develop the diet was people with recurrent hives with no identified triggers. A lot of people have been able to find dietary triggers for their hives using this approach. Of course there are a lot of other symptoms that are linked to food intolerances as well. I have posted quite a bit about this diet previously, you can find more information by going over some of my older posts if you're interested.

Thanks! :D I'll do some research on the RPA diet. I really feel like it has to be celiac, but I will wait to see what the tests and scope procedures say.

jessicalw28 Apprentice

You might want to give up dairy for now. I just tested dairy again and it does not like me. I made a creamy potato soup and had it twice in the past two days (Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup) and felt bloated last night and the big D is back. I've been gluten free for 6-1/2 months and I was hoping it would be OK by now. NOT! I also took Lactaid tablets before consuming it but they never seem to work well for me. I do tolerate Lactaid milk so figure I still have a problem with lactose and not casein.

I would definitely not go gluten free until you see your GI doc if you plan on having further testing done.

I have been avoiding obvious sources of dairy like milk, cheese, butter etc. Should I be avoiding anything with any kind of dairy in the ingredients (bread, packaged food, baked goods)? Does that help you? I am lactose intolerant, but haven't had problems with it for years. The doc. said it could be a reemergence of the symptoms. Lactaid tablets haven't worked for me either. I've been replacing my milk with soymilk. I have seen in several posts and other articles that lactose intolerance definitely goes along with celiac becuase the villi are destroyed and that is where the enzymes to digest milk are made.

jessicalw28 Apprentice

I have had problems with anxiety since the mid 80,s. My current Dr. told me that anxiety can cause a lot of my problems. I didn't believe her. I have been gluten-free since the end of May and I have no more anxiety. My anxiety would be over things that, well when I think about now, they were odd. I hated being around people I didn't know, never took a road trip by myself, cause that would have just been crazy. I never pursued anything for very long because I just didn't have the confidence in myself. Luckily my Dr. wasn't able to label me with IBS because my stomach would wake me in the middle of the night and I would feel as though I was in labor. :blink:

I have had anxiety for about 15 years. Your anxiety symptoms sound very much like mine. Mine was the worst when I was in high school. I've been on meds for it for about 8 years. I would rather not have to take them. I'm glad to hear that going gluten-free can be a solution to anxiety. I think my psychiatrist thinks like yours also- that anxiety can cause GI problems and hives. I am hoping that I won't have to be on anti-anxiety meds forever. Even if my tests come back negative, I will definitely be trying the gluten-free diet.

sa1937 Community Regular

I have been avoiding obvious sources of dairy like milk, cheese, butter etc. Should I be avoiding anything with any kind of dairy in the ingredients (bread, packaged food, baked goods)? Does that help you? I am lactose intolerant, but haven't had problems with it for years. The doc. said it could be a reemergence of the symptoms. Lactaid tablets haven't worked for me either. I've been replacing my milk with soymilk. I have seen in several posts and other articles that lactose intolerance definitely goes along with celiac becuase the villi are destroyed and that is where the enzymes to digest milk are made.

I really don't know what to tell you. Do you think soy might be a problem for you? I can handle Lactaid milk without a problem, as well as butter (there's very little lactose in butter). I haven't done well with cheese except perhaps very small amounts of sharp cheddar or Parmesan. I'm dying for a grilled cheese sandwich using Kraft American Singles but don't dare try it right now! I also eat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with no problem, but then I don't make a meal out of them. tongue.gif I don't pay that much attention to small amounts of dairy that might be in baked goods. Obviously I'm not ready for a lot of milk-based products yet or ice cream although I've tried Breyers lactose-free ice cream without problems. I got too brave on Mon. with the soup. sad.gif

My GI doc told me the same thing that lactose intolerance goes along with celiac. Are you eating gluten free or awaiting more testing? A lot of people have intolerances to other foods, too. It took me almost six months to feel good consistently every day and not have issues. As far as I can tell, lactose seems to be my only problem. It's just so darn hard to figure it out sometimes. Hope you can figure it out...or maybe someone else here has more ideas.

jessicalw28 Apprentice

I really don't know what to tell you. Do you think soy might be a problem for you? I can handle Lactaid milk without a problem, as well as butter (there's very little lactose in butter). I haven't done well with cheese except perhaps very small amounts of sharp cheddar or Parmesan. I'm dying for a grilled cheese sandwich using Kraft American Singles but don't dare try it right now! I also eat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups with no problem, but then I don't make a meal out of them. tongue.gif I don't pay that much attention to small amounts of dairy that might be in baked goods. Obviously I'm not ready for a lot of milk-based products yet or ice cream although I've tried Breyers lactose-free ice cream without problems. I got too brave on Mon. with the soup. sad.gif

My GI doc told me the same thing that lactose intolerance goes along with celiac. Are you eating gluten free or awaiting more testing? A lot of people have intolerances to other foods, too. It took me almost six months to feel good consistently every day and not have issues. As far as I can tell, lactose seems to be my only problem. It's just so darn hard to figure it out sometimes. Hope you can figure it out...or maybe someone else here has more ideas.

I can't go gluten free yet because my doc wants to do a scope procedures if the lactose-free diet and antibiotic treatment don't work. I am on the antibiotic 7 more days and then will give it a couple of days before I call her back. I was thinking about going gluten free anyway, but decided to wait and see what the tests say. I haven't tried to eliminate soy, but I don't seem to have any more problems than usual after drinking soy milk. I will definitely try to eliminate more foods if it turns out that I am still having problems after trying gluten free. It seems like a lot of people who are gluten intolerant, are also dairy and soy intolerant.

sa1937 Community Regular

I can't go gluten free yet because my doc wants to do a scope procedures if the lactose-free diet and antibiotic treatment don't work. I am on the antibiotic 7 more days and then will give it a couple of days before I call her back. I was thinking about going gluten free anyway, but decided to wait and see what the tests say. I haven't tried to eliminate soy, but I don't seem to have any more problems than usual after drinking soy milk. I will definitely try to eliminate more foods if it turns out that I am still having problems after trying gluten free. It seems like a lot of people who are gluten intolerant, are also dairy and soy intolerant.

You definitely don't want to go gluten free if you've waiting for the scope as if you wanted to have it done later, you'd have to do the gluten challenge and that certainly doesn't sound like fun. I guess I'm puzzled as to why the doctor just doesn't do the scope instead of making you suffer any longer than necessary. unsure.gif But then I never can figure out how doctors think.

jessicalw28 Apprentice

You definitely don't want to go gluten free if you've waiting for the scope as if you wanted to have it done later, you'd have to do the gluten challenge and that certainly doesn't sound like fun. I guess I'm puzzled as to why the doctor just doesn't do the scope instead of making you suffer any longer than necessary. unsure.gif But then I never can figure out how doctors think.

She wants to make sure it's not my lactose intolerance or bacterial overgrowth of the small bowel. That's why I'm doing lactose-free diet and antibiotics. I have a little over a week left. If I'm not better by then, I'll be calling her back.

• 3 years later...
Litty Love Newbie

I am 22 years old and have been suffering with noticeable symptoms since June (4 months). I have already posted a similar post, but didn't get very many replies. Since the last post, I have developed some new symptoms. It started with hives that were very bad. I went to an allergist and was prescribed 3 very expensive antihistamines and a course of prednisone. I did not test positive for any allergies. Still had hives after a month, so I went to an immunologist. He did some more tests including thyroid, TTG, liver enzymes, etc. Nothing was abnormal except LDH. It was moderately increased. Not sure what exactly it means. He thinks they are chronic hives and there is not much to be done about them besides antihistamines. They are now at the point where they show up about once a week and last for a day or so. I am currently on allegra, zantac and atarax for the hives.

I had also begun developing some GI symptoms in July: excessive and very foul smelling gas, diarrhea and constipation, rumbling stomach noises, abdominal pain and cramping, and some bloating/distension in my stomach area. I saw a GI doctor about two weeks ago. She suggested that I try a dairy free diet for 1 week. I did it for about 10 days. It seemed to help with the diarrhea and constipation, but not the gas. I do know I am lactose intolerant. After the diet changes, she suggested trying an antibiotic for 14 days to see if I have small bowel bacterial overgrowth. I have been on the antibiotic (xifaxan) combined with a low lactose diet for almost a week now and have had fewer loose stools, but still lots of gas and bloating.

I have some other chronic symptoms that I never really tied together, but they may be related:

Lactose intolerant (diagnosed at age 5)

eczema (since infancy)

irregular periods (unusually long and sometimes 2 in one month for about 2 years)

overweight (struggling with it since childhood)

anxiety (past 5 years)

sinus problems (constant stuffy nose and sneezing alot- since childhood)

bowel movement urgency

I have not been able to trace my symptoms to any specific foods. I have not tried the gluten-free diet because the GI doc wanted to do an endoscopy after the antiboitic treatment if it did not help. She is suspecting Crohn's, ulcerative colitis, or celiac if the diet and antibiotic do not work. Neither the GI nor the immunologist seem to think the hives are connected with the GI distress.

I would love to have some feedback on this. Does this sound similar to anyone else's symptoms? Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

WOW! You sound just like me:

I have had, or still have all of these:

anxiety (past 5 years)

bowel movement urgency

The heartburn, ulcers, stomach ache, etc seem to be linked to generally too much acid in my diet. I tend to eat carb heavy, alcohol and Coffee (coffee helps me digest things, and makes up for the fatigue I get from accidentally eating gluten). I have been off of gluten for about 4 years now. But it's almost every day I still find new things where gluten is hidden. My main issue is Hives. I'm not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure I am also blood type O (and really believe in the blood type diets). I get irritable and anxious and fatigued when I eat gluten. If I eat a lot, I have to immediately lay down and sleep. That nap is the straight up drooling on the pillow type of nap too. Like... BAM!!! Lights out!! It's crazy. Bruising easily seems to be linked to a general inability to absorb nutrients. Since celiac really does damage your intestines, and you can't get enough nutrition ....like....EVER, that means it can lead to less bone density ( osteoporosis way later in life, but also tooth health I think--tooth and bone seem to be on the same page). I have TERRIBLE teeth. I've had a couple failed root canals even and just had to get them extracted. I have asked my dentist wwhhhyyy, but there's no real answer except "it can be genetic" (Which isn't really a good answer in my opinion). It's not like our bodies are made to fail......? There is no record of cavities in humans until the domestication of Corn. (Carbohydrate that turns to sugar) and it's not just letting sugar sit on your teeth, but tooth health is connected to your entire body as well. I don't think dentists have realized the connection of gluten allergy & tooth health yet, but I'm onto it. . .

Anyway, newer issues that I have noticed are Blood Sugar problems. My blood sugar will drop and I'll need to pick it up (usually I go to carbs as a quick fix, but not the smartest!!) I haven't eliminated dairy because I feel like I would never get enough calcium or protein if I did. (I should probably try though). 

But I definitely understand your issues, and think you should try to test or at least eliminate gluten totally and see how you feel. I tested it when I was 19 by eating a piece of bread, the next day I woke up with a huge red painful rash all over my body that lasted for 4 days. Since then I stopped eating it forever

The lump in your throat may be an anaphylactic response to an allergy. I started feeling like my throat was a little swollen and my voice would get a little nasally (didn't realize what that was until really recently). My symptoms seem to be morphing over time. It's not more anaphylactic than systemic. I don't know if that's a good thing. I get tons of hives, like at least once a week now. 

Do you ever have SUPER BAD hangovers? Maybe even hormonal issues? I've noticed in the past few months my hormones are raaaaging. My boyfriend does not like it. hahaha. 

Oh , right, and another thing that I think is connected is that sometimes I feel slightly autistic...like, I get one track focused on something...maybe there's inflammation in my brain preventing neural pathways from spreading out in a natural way--instead they get stuck. . . Kind of weird, I don't know much about neurology but I think there could for sure be a link. 

It's even more interesting to think about why our FOOD is hurting our bodies!! It shouldn't be that way, you know? We really need to refresh our food supplies and get back to nature, I think.

PHEW sorry RANT.  I hope other people have the same things happening, and we can figure out solutions together!

-LS

kareng Grand Master

WOW! You sound just like me:

I have had, or still have all of these:

frequent heartburn (past 4 years)frequent stomach upset/nausea (since childhood)keratosis pilaris (since childhood)bruising easily (since childhood)irregular periods (unusually long and sometimes 2 in one month for about 2 years)frequent mouth ulcers (since childhood)wearing of tooth enamel (noticed by dentist at last check-up)anxiety (past 5 years)lump in throat feeling (occasionally)bowel movement urgency

The heartburn, ulcers, stomach ache, etc seem to be linked to generally too much acid in my diet. I tend to eat carb heavy, alcohol and Coffee (coffee helps me digest things, and makes up for the fatigue I get from accidentally eating gluten). I have been off of gluten for about 4 years now. But it's almost every day I still find new things where gluten is hidden. My main issue is Hives. I'm not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure I am also blood type O (and really believe in the blood type diets). I get irritable and anxious and fatigued when I eat gluten. If I eat a lot, I have to immediately lay down and sleep. That nap is the straight up drooling on the pillow type of nap too. Like... BAM!!! Lights out!! It's crazy. Bruising easily seems to be linked to a general inability to absorb nutrients. Since celiac really does damage your intestines, and you can't get enough nutrition ....like....EVER, that means it can lead to less bone density ( osteoporosis way later in life, but also tooth health I think--tooth and bone seem to be on the same page). I have TERRIBLE teeth. I've had a couple failed root canals even and just had to get them extracted. I have asked my dentist wwhhhyyy, but there's no real answer except "it can be genetic" (Which isn't really a good answer in my opinion). It's not like our bodies are made to fail......? There is no record of cavities in humans until the domestication of Corn. (Carbohydrate that turns to sugar) and it's not just letting sugar sit on your teeth, but tooth health is connected to your entire body as well. I don't think dentists have realized the connection of gluten allergy & tooth health yet, but I'm onto it. . .

Anyway, newer issues that I have noticed are Blood Sugar problems. My blood sugar will drop and I'll need to pick it up (usually I go to carbs as a quick fix, but not the smartest!!) I haven't eliminated dairy because I feel like I would never get enough calcium or protein if I did. (I should probably try though). 

But I definitely understand your issues, and think you should try to test or at least eliminate gluten totally and see how you feel. I tested it when I was 19 by eating a piece of bread, the next day I woke up with a huge red painful rash all over my body that lasted for 4 days. Since then I stopped eating it forever

The lump in your throat may be an anaphylactic response to an allergy. I started feeling like my throat was a little swollen and my voice would get a little nasally (didn't realize what that was until really recently). My symptoms seem to be morphing over time. It's not more anaphylactic than systemic. I don't know if that's a good thing. I get tons of hives, like at least once a week now. 

Do you ever have SUPER BAD hangovers? Maybe even hormonal issues? I've noticed in the past few months my hormones are raaaaging. My boyfriend does not like it. hahaha. Oh , right, and another thing that I think is connected is that sometimes I feel slightly autistic...like, I get one track focused on something...maybe there's inflammation in my brain preventing neural pathways from spreading out in a natural way--instead they get stuck. . . Kind of weird, I don't know much about neurology but I think there could for sure be a link. 

It's even more interesting to think about why our FOOD is hurting our bodies!! It shouldn't be that way, you know? We really need to refresh our food supplies and get back to nature, I think.

PHEW sorry RANT.  I hope other people have the same things happening, and we can figure out solutions together!

-LS

Just an FYI- you are responding to a post from 2010.

Archived