Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Hematite Bracelet

12 posts in this topic

Has hematite helped anybody with their sleep?

Ads by Google:

I have a rose hematite in my childhood rock collection. I think it is mainly iron and maybe silica or quartz? How does it help you sleep?

I'm not even sure if it is helping -I'm just wondering if it's helped anyone else. Just today, I took a nap -I usually wake up really groggy and don't sleep well if I sleep during the day -but this time I was wearing a hematite bracelet and I slept well and woke up refreshed. I'm wondering if the hematite can actually help with that.

Hematite is a naturally magnetic rock. Some people think magnets can help with a number of things. Whether a fact or a placebo I don't know. If you think it helps you keep using it. Just don't rub a magnetic strip from an ID card or bank card on it as it will mess up the card.

Has hematite helped anybody with their sleep?

I make jewelry and yes, hematite has magnetic powers and can help with sleep. I've pated links below that tell you the healing powers of many stones. Hope it helps.

Loey

http://www.sobrietystones.com/resources/healing.htm

http://www.annemeplon.com/meaning.htm

http://www.shgresources.com/gems/healing/

http://www.jewelinfo4u.com/Mystical_and_Healing_Powers_of_Gemstones-Myths_and_Facts.aspx

http://www.soularenergy.com/gemstones.htm

http://www.moongoddessjewelry.com/MetaphysicalPropertiesOfGemstones.html

Those just prove I need more jewelry!

I'll have t start making it again and mailing it to my adopted forum family. Used o sell it at craft shows and teach it in the after school and camp programs. Too unfocused to bead these days (hands shaky) but I do find the painting class relaxing and stimulating at the same time. Thinking of painting a Buddha for Klark for Christmas.

Loey

hello

whenever i sleep with my hematite anklets on i actually have a very very hard time falling asleep it is probably beacause when you were them you become grounded and connected to the earth and it makes you unable to dream and go to your "happy place" :P

I have never seen a single scientific source that says anything about healing properties of any stone. Electromagnetism doesn't work like that.

Show me proof, I say.

We're all celiacs and supporters, and as such should understand that answers lie in science and research, not wive's tales.

I have never seen a single scientific source that says anything about healing properties of any stone. Electromagnetism doesn't work like that.

Show me proof, I say.

We're all celiacs and supporters, and as such should understand that answers lie in science and research, not wive's tales.

Yea but it is still fun to read and wonder. The amazing thing about the brain is that if someone thinks something will work sometimes it will. It doesn't hurt anyone. Well unless, for example, they go out and have 12 beers and think their amethyst will keep them sober. :lol:

At this point I'll try anything to get some sleep..LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Push for the endoscopy.  My GI said at the initial consult that he didn't think I had celiac but wanted to do the scope to "rule it out"  When he saw me immediately after the endo, while I was still in recovery, he saw enough damage to change his position and sure enough the biopsy came back positive.
    • Your body has been used to ingesting and has been coping with the gluten in its systems.  DON'T PANIC because your body is doing it for you.   Seriously now, the medical field has a technological term defining when a system is used to working a certain way/routine.  When that is either disrupted or changed, it could take a while for the body adjust to a different way of doing things.  Another factor in the increase in symptoms could possibly be that your body is starting to "clean house".  It's trying to get rid of the amounts of gluten hiding out in all its nooks and crannies.  It is going to be a long term process.  It's like cleaning out a vacuum hose or other household item that is just caked with gunk.  The first cleaning gets rid of a large portion of the gunk and ick.  The subsequent cleanings gets rid of more and more ick but in lesser amounts. I thought I was going to go crazy those first few months, but things are a lot better now. (I am about 10 months gluten free).  I still have moments of brain fog and even episodes, but my body is getting closer (and more used to)  to having a cleaner "household item".  I know it's tough at first with the increased onslaught of symptoms, but hang in there.   You may want to keep a journal of all that you ingest or come into contact with for a time to track anything that could exacerbate symptoms.  (For me, my episodes are chemically triggered as well.)  If for some reason a few months down the road, you still have large amounts of symptoms it would be a good idea to visit your GP again just in case there something else that is going on.  
    • I would love some help! After 20ish years of being misdiagnosed with IBS, I was diagnosed with celiac disease (positive blood test for tTG IgA and positive duodenal biopsy) ~ 6 weeks ago. Of course I've gone completely gluten free, and I've been crazy paranoid careful not to ingest any gluten. I've also completely avoided all oats (even certified gluten free) and cut out lactose (due to transient lactose intolerance... because I don't have villi) . But now I feel WAY WORSE. I've had abdominal pain every single day, which ranges from mild aching to severe 10/10 laying on the floor crying and vomiting pain. I understand that it takes a long time to get better, but why would I get so much worse? My best guess is SIBO, but I can't imagine that it could cause such extreme symptoms, can it?  So my question to you fine folks is: did this happen to anyone else? Have you gotten sicker after you changed your diet? Is this normal?  For arguments sake, lets assume that I did not ingest any gluten to cause these symptoms... Thank you for your help!
    • Thanks very much Cyclinglady. Yes, it is Kaiser. I doctor said the GI think it is unlikely to be celiac deisease (he did not say how he came to this conclusion), but he would be happy to do an upper endoscopy for me. I did some look up online, this procedure should be low risk. Still feel a little hesitate while reading the potential risks :(.
    • I would suggest you test your daughter through a doctor. The Enterolab tests are not recognized as accurate or reliable by the medical profession. See this link from the Chicago Celiac Disease Center: http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/why-dont-you-recognize-tests-stool-tests-or-otherwise-for-gluten-sensitivity-that-are-currently-available-through-companies-like-enterolab-or-cyrex/
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jessie.Cait