#1 my3monkees

my3monkees

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

Hi,
Can someone tell me what blood tests I need to ask for. My dd has Celiac, and I highly suspect my youngest does also. I have never been tested. But am due for a regular appt. so I thought I would ask my doc. to run a panel, just to see. I want to make sure she runs the correct ones. Especially since I don't have any classic symptoms of Celiac, I may have a hard time getting her to run even the basics. I know it can often times be genetic and since my husband is Native American, its much more likely to have come thru my bloodlines.
Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Dixiebell

Dixiebell

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:17 AM

Total Iga Serum
Tissue Transglutamas Iga & Igg
Antigliadin Iga & Igg
Endomysial Antibodies.

Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) This is the newest test and is supposed to be more sensitive.
Started on this journey w/ my 9 yr old son after a bout w/ the flu in the fall of 2009.
2 neg celiac blood tests, mine was also neg. No endo done. Son had x-ray, showing severe constipation. Son has latex allergy. KP for both of us.
Long family history of bowel problems, auto-immune and all sorts of cancers. My G-mother informed me that she was put on a gluten free diet after she had my mom (1950's), of course she stopped when she felt better. She has had problems ever since I can remember.
So here we are! I do have my son's Dr to thank for even bringing up celiac! Thank You Dr.B!
My adult daughter also has been helped by eating gluten-free.

#3 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:03 AM

The standard celiac panel is total IgA, anti-gliadin IgA, anti-TTG IgA, and sometimes anti-endomysial (EMA) IgA. The anti-EMA is expensive and is not always run. If you come up IgA deficient, you can justify the IgG versions to insurance. The new deamidated gliadin peptide IgG is very sensitive and specific if the lab your doctor uses has it (that one is IgG whether or not you're IgA deficient).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: