5 replies to this topic

#1 Frances03

Frances03

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:42 PM

Sometimes, I cannot get here to read the posts for a few days. When I click on new content, it nicely brings up all the posts since my last visit. However, sometimes there are 6 or 7 pages and I dont have time to glance thru them all in one sitting. Here's where I get annoyed! After a certain amount of time, say 1 hour, it no longer shows me the new content that I was skimming thru, and instead "resets" itself so that I am only seeing the new content since my CURRENT visit. Then I lose all those posts that I was skimming thru and I have no idea what I missed. I dont like it.
41 year old homeschooling mom of 5
ttg iga 88, reference range 0-19 gliadin peptide antibody iga 105, reference range 0-31
endoscopy positive for celiac disease, hiatal hernia, major acid reflux damage

diagnosed with arthritis in my teens, thyroid disease in my 20's, epilepsy in my 20's, adult ADD in my 30's,
suffered from joint pain, migraines, seizures, 4 miscarriages, 2 years infertility, scalp rash, bloating, chronic constipation, acid reflux, weight gain, hashimoto's disease, enlarged thyroid, thyroid nodule, extreme fatigue, low vitamin D, anemia, mouth and nose sores
Started gluten-free diet 10/7/09! Never had another seizure after 10 years of epilepsy. TRUE STORY. 2 babies after going gluten-free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:56 AM

Go into the topic index page, and at the bottom on the left, it says "Active Content for Last 24 hours" (I just did that) and all the posts will come up :)
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Frances03

Frances03

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:39 AM

Okay I will try that. At least that gets me the last 24 hours worth, but the rest of the things I will have to hunt through on my own I guess. I still wish it would let me finish reading the "new content" until I'm finished!
ttg iga 88, reference range 0-19 gliadin peptide antibody iga 105, reference range 0-31

diagnosed with arthritis in my teens, thyroid disease in my 20's, epilepsy in my 20's, adult ADD in my 30's,
suffered from joint pain, migraines, seizures, 4 miscarriages, 2 years infertility, scalp rash, bloating, chronic constipation, acid reflux, weight gain, hashimoto's disease, enlarged thyroid, thyroid nodule, extreme fatigue, low vitamin D, anemia, mouth and nose sores
Started gluten-free diet 10/7/09! Never had another seizure after 10 years of epilepsy. TRUE STORY. 2 babies after going gluten-free

#4 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:47 PM

I used to be like McPhena, all grouchy about losing the new posts list. But no more.

I use Firefox, and right click open in new tab for each topic. If there are lots of pages I will open the 2nd or 3rd "New content" page listing in a new window also. You are right, unless you open them within a short time they do time out and disappear. So I open all the threads in new tabs and then start reading them.

Now life is just a bowl of cherries. With pits but hey, who's complaining? :D
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#5 Frances03

Frances03

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hey, that's a good idea! I'll just do that from now on, thanks! See, I knew I would get a solution if I posted, now I can quit being annoyed ;)

#6 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

Hey, that's a good idea! I'll just do that from now on, thanks! See, I knew I would get a solution if I posted, now I can quit being annoyed ;)

I follow the threads that I'm interested in. I set up my "settings" so that I get an email from the administrators or forum anytime a new post is made on a thread I'm participating in or following. Now granted, sometimes I'll get 45 emails but I can delete the email when I've read it or save it if I don't have time to go to the thread then. It also allows me to save particularly helpful posts in my Celiac Forum email folder.

Loey Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: