This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

P.f. Chang's Plates?

healthy-000

healthy-000 Newbie

Does PF Chang's put gluten-free Lettuce Wraps on special plates as well as their entrees? I ate their today with friends and our waiter seemed a bit new. I mentioned to him twice that all of my food should be from the gluten-free menu only.

He brought out the soups for the table and they all looked the same (I ordered the gluten-free egg drop, everyone else ordered the egg drop soup from the regular menu.)

I ordered gluten-free Lettuce Wraps to share, and they came out on a regular plate (plain, no "P.F. Chang's" painted on it). The waiter brought those to us too.

However, when my entree came out, the kitchen brought it, stated that it was gluten free, and it was on a special plate with "P.F. Chang's" painted on the plate.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darissa Contributor

We eat at PFChangs frequently because it seems thats the only place the we can rely on for us not to get sick:) We have eaten at them in several states and cities.

The egg drop soup is all gluten free, regardless of which menu you order off of.

The lettuce wraps, as far as I remember, have never come out on their circle plates (which is what the gluten free entrees come out on)but I could be wrong..this is just what I remember about the lettuce wraps.

If your server seems unsure, or new, please, please don't hesitate to ask to talk to a manager. They have always been very accommodating when we have eaten there. Good luck!

MaryJones2 Enthusiast

Per their corporate HQ, all specially prepared foods should come out on plates with the PF Chang's logo.

cyberprof Enthusiast

Per their corporate HQ, all specially prepared foods should come out on plates with the PF Chang's logo.

That's what I was told too, and I still always triple-check. I haven't been glutened in about 20 times in six different restaurants across the country.

RunningPickle Newbie

I was recently there and my boyfriend and I were ordering off the gluten-free menu. We'd ordered our lettuce-wraps first and when we ordered our gluten-free entrees, the server mentioned to us that we want to make sure that we specify the gluten-free lettuce wraps, apparently they are slightly different ingredients (plus less risk of cross-contamination). Our lettuce wraps came out on the signature PF Changs circle plate like our entrees.

Rowena Rising Star

First of all, EVERYTHING gluten-free should come out on their specialty plates including lettuce wraps. That's there way of telling the customer they got your order right. As for your lettuce wraps, one way to tell if they are gluten free or not, (I noticed this at any rate) is that the gluten-free chicken is coated with only their soy sauce, (i think) and thus comes out lighter in color that than regular wraps. So if the chicken seemed to be covered in a darker sauce, it was not the gluten free stuff.

cyberprof Enthusiast

First of all, EVERYTHING gluten-free should come out on their specialty plates including lettuce wraps. That's there way of telling the customer they got your order right. As for your lettuce wraps, one way to tell if they are gluten free or not, (I noticed this at any rate) is that the gluten-free chicken is coated with only their soy sauce, (i think) and thus comes out lighter in color that than regular wraps. So if the chicken seemed to be covered in a darker sauce, it was not the gluten free stuff.

Yes, I've seen the gluten-free and regular side-by-side and the regular is darker, but I wouldn't rely on that alone if I was going to eat it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MaryJones2 Enthusiast

I would have no concerns about sending something back that didn't come out on the special plates.

gaingus Rookie

I have never had a problem with PF Changs since going gluten free. I went to the one in Fresno because it's the closest to where I live. When we ordered our dinner, we ordered the lettuce wraps because for the longest time (even on this forum) they were gluten free. I found out from my waiter that when gluten free orders are put into the computer, they go to a different part of the kitchen that is designated as gluten free from the dishes they use to cooking to the serving dishes. Like others have said, my food has always come on the designated logo plates to include the lettuce wraps.

The only warning that I have is with the wait staff. It seems that the newer ones aren't too well "versed" in our needs. I have had some though that completely understood, and went as far as bringing out a seperate sauce tray with gluten free soy sauce (served in a red bowl) and a fresh spoon to mix it with.

Archived