#1 K-Dawg

K-Dawg

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:08 PM

Hi All:

I'm hoping to get some help from some Miami and/or Islamorada gluten-free residents because I"m heading your way this December.

I am a Canadian (from Toronto) and I"m going to the Florida Keys this December for a vacation (sighs in relief at the prospect of being without her blackberry for an entire week).

I am landing in Miami and will drive to the island resort (where i have a full kitchen). I have discovered a Whole Foods in Coral Gables, which I"ll basically drive by on my way to Islamorada (so it's the perfect place to stop and stock up on some gluten-free grocery goodies).

I also found an Outback Steakhouse in Islamorada.

Do any of the locals have some insight or suggestions for me? I hate fish (lol)

Thanks

KDawg
Many autoimmune disorders: Graves Disease in 1998, Psoriasis on or about 2000, Hashimoto's in 2008.

Severely anemic in 2007 (undetectable iron levels)

Elevated liver enzymes (ALT and AST) as of October 2008.

Negative blood test for celiac disease in February 2009, followed by diagnosis of celiac disease in April 2009 after positive biopsy.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 verushka1974

verushka1974

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:00 PM

Hi there! I don't know about any restaurants in the keys area but wanted to let you know that there's another Whole Foods Market about 15-20 mins from the one in Coral Gables heading south to the keys and it's not out of your way since it's right on US1. Have a nice trip. Here's the address:

11701 S. Dixie Hwy(US1)
Pinecrest, Florida 33156
Phone: 305.971.0900

#3 K-Dawg

K-Dawg

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

Oh thank you so much!!! I just google mapped this and you are right -- it is en-route. I appreciate it.

KDawg

Hi there! I don't know about any restaurants in the keys area but wanted to let you know that there's another Whole Foods Market about 15-20 mins from the one in Coral Gables heading south to the keys and it's not out of your way since it's right on US1. Have a nice trip. Here's the address:

11701 S. Dixie Hwy(US1)
Pinecrest, Florida 33156
Phone: 305.971.0900

Many autoimmune disorders: Graves Disease in 1998, Psoriasis on or about 2000, Hashimoto's in 2008.

Severely anemic in 2007 (undetectable iron levels)

Elevated liver enzymes (ALT and AST) as of October 2008.

Negative blood test for celiac disease in February 2009, followed by diagnosis of celiac disease in April 2009 after positive biopsy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: