7 replies to this topic

#1 Becci

Becci

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:17 AM

Is it possible that I could have an additional food allergy? I was dx with Celiac May of last year, but over the last 3 months, I have been nauseated everyday to the point I have lost 10 pounds from not being able to eat.. I am 5'8", and now weigh 136 lbs...

I want to know everyone's opinions on the potential order I should try cutting out to see which it is... What are we more susceptible to?
[becci]

Celiac Disease
ABCDEFG, gummy bears are chasing me. One is red, one is blue, the yellow suckers got my shoe. ABCDEFG, gummy bears are chasing me.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Skylark

Skylark

Glutenologist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

I assume you have ruled out pregnancy?

Stop eating oats if you have them as part of your diet. Try cutting out dairy first, then soy. Those are our biggies. Other problem foods can be corn and the remaining "big 8" allergens - eggs, fish, peanuts, tree nuts, and shellfish.

#3 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

Dairy, soy, nightshades, (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant), eggs,corn, tapioca, nuts, and so on and on.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#4 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:30 PM

Are you having any other symptoms that could be gallbladder related?
Michigan

#5 Becci

Becci

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

Hi everyone and thank you for responding...

Okay, from the top.

1.) I have been Trying to conceive for 1 year, but I am positive I am not pregnant.
2.) I haven't eaten oats since last Thanksgiving...
3.) I am going to cut out Dairy first, because I had problems with it a while back..

4.) Thank you for the list. :)

5.) What other symptoms would there be of Gallbladder issues?
[becci]

Celiac Disease
ABCDEFG, gummy bears are chasing me. One is red, one is blue, the yellow suckers got my shoe. ABCDEFG, gummy bears are chasing me.

#6 T.H.

T.H.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:39 PM

Actually, even before dairy, you might want to check your gluten-free foods and cut out even more gluten. There's a variety of gluten levels in the gluten-free food, and some folks seem to develop a bit more sensitivity to lower levels of gluten after they've been gluten free a while. My daughter definitely had that. She was doing better, and then started getting worse until we called the gluten-free companies and started lowering her gluten levels even further.

Also, if it WAS gluten levels causing trouble, it's likely the dairy would be a problem again, too, since it would mean you're probably lactose intolerant again.

T.H.

Gluten free since August 10, 2009.
21 years with undiagnosed Celiac Disease

23 years with undiagnosed sulfite sensitivity

25 years with undiagnosed mast cell activation disorder (MCAD) 

Daughter: celiac and MCAD positive

Son: gluten intolerant
Father, brother: celiac positive

#7 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:12 AM

I would do a whole foods diet, see if you get better and then try adding foods back in.

#8 Becci

Becci

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

Thank you all... I got glutened last night, so I will start ruling out as soon as its over.
[becci]

Celiac Disease

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: