Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Possibly Secondary Allergy?

8 posts in this topic

Is it possible that I could have an additional food allergy? I was dx with Celiac May of last year, but over the last 3 months, I have been nauseated everyday to the point I have lost 10 pounds from not being able to eat.. I am 5'8", and now weigh 136 lbs...

I want to know everyone's opinions on the potential order I should try cutting out to see which it is... What are we more susceptible to?

Ads by Google:

I assume you have ruled out pregnancy?

Stop eating oats if you have them as part of your diet. Try cutting out dairy first, then soy. Those are our biggies. Other problem foods can be corn and the remaining "big 8" allergens - eggs, fish, peanuts, tree nuts, and shellfish.

Dairy, soy, nightshades, (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant), eggs,corn, tapioca, nuts, and so on and on.

Are you having any other symptoms that could be gallbladder related?

Hi everyone and thank you for responding...

Okay, from the top.

1.) I have been Trying to conceive for 1 year, but I am positive I am not pregnant.

2.) I haven't eaten oats since last Thanksgiving...

3.) I am going to cut out Dairy first, because I had problems with it a while back..

4.) Thank you for the list. :)

5.) What other symptoms would there be of Gallbladder issues?

Actually, even before dairy, you might want to check your gluten-free foods and cut out even more gluten. There's a variety of gluten levels in the gluten-free food, and some folks seem to develop a bit more sensitivity to lower levels of gluten after they've been gluten free a while. My daughter definitely had that. She was doing better, and then started getting worse until we called the gluten-free companies and started lowering her gluten levels even further.

Also, if it WAS gluten levels causing trouble, it's likely the dairy would be a problem again, too, since it would mean you're probably lactose intolerant again.

I would do a whole foods diet, see if you get better and then try adding foods back in.

Thank you all... I got glutened last night, so I will start ruling out as soon as its over.