21 replies to this topic

#1 Becci

Becci

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

I am feeling the gluten now. Stomach pains, Nausea and depression already...

I ate for dinner:

Fire Side Gourmet 100% Pure Black Angus Beef hamburger patty
Bush's Black Beans
and Great Value Creamed Corn..

What could it have been of this???

I just want to SCREAM!! It has been SO LONG since I was glutened!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I am also Super Sensitive.. Could it have been CC??
[becci]

Celiac Disease
ABCDEFG, gummy bears are chasing me. One is red, one is blue, the yellow suckers got my shoe. ABCDEFG, gummy bears are chasing me.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 polarbearscooby

polarbearscooby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

Where did the Patty come from?
How was it cooked?

#3 Becci

Becci

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:44 PM

I listed the brand name a second ago, it was from Walmart.. And my husband cooked it.. We have a gluten-free household, so no 'known' gluten here...
[becci]

Celiac Disease
ABCDEFG, gummy bears are chasing me. One is red, one is blue, the yellow suckers got my shoe. ABCDEFG, gummy bears are chasing me.

#4 Bella001

Bella001

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

I am feeling the gluten now. Stomach pains, Nausea and depression already...

I ate for dinner:

Fire Side Gourmet 100% Pure Black Angus Beef hamburger patty
Bush's Black Beans
and Great Value Creamed Corn..

What could it have been of this???

I just want to SCREAM!! It has been SO LONG since I was glutened!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I am also Super Sensitive.. Could it have been CC??

Hi and sorry you are feeling bad....I hate this! Maybe it was the cream in the cream corn or the corn itself. I'm starting to notice issue when I eat corn....bloating and glutened type stuff......just a thought.

#5 polarbearscooby

polarbearscooby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:50 PM

I recently got CC'ed from meat at Sam's Club....I don't know about Walmart though :(

#6 Becci

Becci

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:52 PM

Hmm.. :( Sorry you got CC :(

I wish I knew what it was!! I am getting so MAD! :'-(
[becci]

Celiac Disease

#7 polarbearscooby

polarbearscooby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:59 PM

It sucks :P

Hope you figure it out and feel better soon!

#8 Becci

Becci

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:01 PM

Thanks so much, Scooby :)
[becci]

Celiac Disease

#9 MelindaLee

MelindaLee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

Is it for sure this meal? I usually don't get symptoms until 4-6 hours later...so usually it's not what I just ate, but the meal before.... :unsure:

#10 T.H.

T.H.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

I'd say CC could be likely - none of these are on the low end of gluten free, I don't believe. And as another sensitive celiac buddy? Any of those three would likely get me. :(

If, however, I was going to pick the most likely - just looking at food, not brands - I'd take a look at the beans and corn. Beans and grains tend to be grown in the same fields and are very often exposed to the same equipment, so there is a higher risk of CC for them. Corn is often a rotation crop for wheat, specifically, so there is an even higher risk of CC from them. I got sick so often on corn that I thought it WAS the corn that was getting me, but more and more it's looking like CC to it.

So sorry you're feeling sick, though - I'm in the same spot from last night, so just...a big virtual hug for your pain. :)

T.H.

Gluten free since August 10, 2009.
21 years with undiagnosed Celiac Disease

23 years with undiagnosed sulfite sensitivity

25 years with undiagnosed mast cell activation disorder (MCAD) 

Daughter: celiac and MCAD positive

Son: gluten intolerant
Father, brother: celiac positive

#11 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,742 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:33 AM

Is it for sure this meal? I usually don't get symptoms until 4-6 hours later...so usually it's not what I just ate, but the meal before.... :unsure:

Yea I get delayed reactions also. Sometimes the offending food is even a couple of days back which can make it really hard to figure out. A food diary can be helpful in figuring out delayed reactions.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#12 ArubaWendy

ArubaWendy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:12 AM

I recently got CC'ed from meat at Sam's Club....I don't know about Walmart though :(

Walmart and Sams Club use the same suppliers (all owned by Sam Walton) I have been told that processed patties are a no no. I hope you feel better soon.
I too got glutened last night. I made Jell-O Choc. pudding (Lactaid milk)and cool whip. Does anyone know if that could be the culpret???

#13 Becci

Becci

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:57 AM

I actually start feeling gluten in 1-3 hours... 4 Max.. And since I haven't been able to eat to start with, I only ate dinner yesterday... So it WAS from dinner.. But my worst doesn't usually start until day 3.. :(

As for the beans and corn being CC'ed from the field they were grown in, I thought about the corn, but not about the beans...

I think I will start keeping a food diary.. It would be worth it to know... Agh. :(

And as for the hug, AWWW!!! Big hugs to you too..

And to ArubaWendy for her glutening.. :( So sorry hun.
[becci]

Celiac Disease

#14 polarbearscooby

polarbearscooby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:25 AM

So do I react fast?

I can usually know within 40 minutes if I've been glutened..... At most an hour or two?
And I'm like SUPER sensitive as well

#15 elfie

elfie

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:58 AM

Hi. I didn't see anyone else mention this, so I joined the site so I could:

It quite possibly was the angus burger. Many of the angus burger packages I've read have flavorings, some gluten, in them. The high-end burgers have flavorings while the low-end are just meat, in my experience. Out of all the GV burgers I've tried my family likes the 85-15 patties the best. I use them as a "fast" food for times I don't feel like cooking.

Anyhow, the other stuff may have contributed, but my first thought when reading your list was the beef because I'd almost bought angus burgers once and for some reason read the back of the package and put them back. Then whenever I saw angus burgers I'd read the packages, and again put them back.

100% beef or chicken or whatever meat on the label unfortunately doesn't mean there aren't flavorings and additives, just that they don't have fillers in them.

Good luck to you! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: