21 replies to this topic

#16 jubilanthope

jubilanthope

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:28 PM

I'd say CC could be likely - none of these are on the low end of gluten free, I don't believe. And as another sensitive celiac buddy? Any of those three would likely get me. :(

If, however, I was going to pick the most likely - just looking at food, not brands - I'd take a look at the beans and corn. Beans and grains tend to be grown in the same fields and are very often exposed to the same equipment, so there is a higher risk of CC for them. Corn is often a rotation crop for wheat, specifically, so there is an even higher risk of CC from them. I got sick so often on corn that I thought it WAS the corn that was getting me, but more and more it's looking like CC to it.

So sorry you're feeling sick, though - I'm in the same spot from last night, so just...a big virtual hug for your pain. :)

So we need to add no beans or corn to our list of no no foods? If corn is an issue then what about corn tortillas, and gluten free products that have corn in them.. Geesh,,,, I wish this gluten free process was as simple as having it easily listed on the ingredients list.. Cc adds so much more stress.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:47 PM

The vast majority of people with celiac disease can eat corn without problems. There are some of us who, in addition to celiac disease, are intolerant to corn. Cross contamination is possible in anything.

In the early stages of recovery, you will have reactions to many gluten-free foods. It does not mean that you have a problem with those foods--it just means that your damaged intestines are still having trouble with food in general.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#18 FooGirlsMom

FooGirlsMom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:56 PM

I thought of the patty too. Sometimes I have trouble tolerating foods with a high grease content. Fireside gourmet patties are like 30% fat right? What flavor was it? Was it the pure beef patty or did it have onion or some other flavor?

I've had Bush's beans and they seem to be ok.

Are you having trouble with corn in general? I cut corn out of my diet 5 days ago. I kept noticing symptoms (swelling & D) after eating corn. I feel soooo much better with it gone! I really feel like I'm on the road to recovery now.

I hope you feel better soon. I'm so sorry for you.

FooGirlsMom
When I saw this photo, I thought it truly represented my life prior to being gluten-free. It was like being rooted in place trying to survive a Category 5. Now that I am gluten-free, I feel like I just might make it :)

#19 Happytobefree

Happytobefree

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:36 PM

I am feeling the gluten now. Stomach pains, Nausea and depression already...

I ate for dinner:

Fire Side Gourmet 100% Pure Black Angus Beef hamburger patty
Bush's Black Beans
and Great Value Creamed Corn..

What could it have been of this???

I just want to SCREAM!! It has been SO LONG since I was glutened!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I am also Super Sensitive.. Could it have been CC??

Becci,
Sorry to hear of your discomfort. My guess is the Great Value brand cream corn from Walmart. I have found a long "processed with" label warning that includes wheat on many of their products. Double check the can again. Good luck and feel better.

#20 FloridaGuy

FloridaGuy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

I'm here because I googled those burgers + gluten.  Had them for dinner last night, and "got glutened" just like you.  They list "natural flavoring" under ingredients--I'm guessing that means malt, i.e. barley.  Anyway, they're off my menu.  Sorry they got you too.

I am feeling the gluten now. Stomach pains, Nausea and depression already...

I ate for dinner:

Fire Side Gourmet 100% Pure Black Angus Beef hamburger patty
Bush's Black Beans
and Great Value Creamed Corn..

What could it have been of this???

I just want to SCREAM!! It has been SO LONG since I was glutened!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I am also Super Sensitive.. Could it have been CC??

#21 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Welcome Florida Guy!

This thread is old....so the member you are responding to will likely not see your post.

Feel free to look around and post again!

-Lisa

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#22 CaliSparrow

CaliSparrow

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Welcome FloridaGuy! So sorry you were just glutened. Note to self: No Fireside Angus burgers!
Last glutening: 12/28/13 (long time FOR ME!)
April 2014: no more reintroducing foods, not rocking the boat, no studying (except during insomnia)
March 2014: Reintroducing intolerant foods. Yolks & banana are a "no". Dairy NO
Year 2: Mental clarity improving. Hello to normalcy.
October 2013: Functional Medicine doc ref to cardiologist for possible sick sinus syndrome (deadline May)
September 2013: 55+ food intolerances, mercury poisoning, sIgA 50, leaky gut, adrenal fatigue, hormone disruption, ferritin 7, low Vit D, low Vit B6
January2013: Dairy-Free, Soy-free
November 2012: Gluten-Free
Year 1: Migraines resolved, OCD diminished, Change in skin texture, EyeBrows lifting & eyes bigger, Better memory, Better cognitive function, Better problem-solving capabilities, Lower anxiety level, Better outlook, Arrhythmia reduced, hope

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: