4 replies to this topic

#1 mommyoftwinks

mommyoftwinks

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:10 PM

the website says this drink does not have wheat in it. however, on some other posts on this website, people said it did in fact contain gluten.

does anyone know?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 adab8ca

adab8ca

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

the website says this drink does not have wheat in it. however, on some other posts on this website, people said it did in fact contain gluten.

does anyone know?

i asked the staff at starbucks yesterday (and after they got 4 people involved) they said it did..they told me all their specialty coffees can have it but their teas are safe. i don't know if i trust anything there :(
TTG >200 (normal <10)
IgA gliadin 24 (normal <11)
IgG gliadin 38 (normal <11)
Endoscopy showed damage that looked like "classic celiac", biopsy showed total villous atrophy
Started gluten-free diet Aug 31, 2010
Only real symptoms are huge weight loss and neuropathy

#3 mommyoftwinks

mommyoftwinks

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:54 PM

im not sure why everything is such a secret. ugh!
i looked on their site - where are the ingredients in their syrups?

#4 meagan.vanover

meagan.vanover

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:40 PM

i asked the staff at starbucks yesterday (and after they got 4 people involved) they said it did..they told me all their specialty coffees can have it but their teas are safe. i don't know if i trust anything there :(

I created an account just so that I could reply to this message.

I had a severe allergic reaction to a Caramel Brulee Latte today. I am allergic to wheat, not all gluten, and I contacted Starbucks when I couldn't find any ingredient information. They said that there may be cross-contamination in their specialty coffee drinks and will expedite the information to the supervisors so new bulletins will be posted in all of the stores.

I am covered in hives and am having trouble breathing. That should be a warning enough to all of you gluten-free's to stay away from the Caramel Brulee.

Best wishes!

#5 MelindaLee

MelindaLee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:37 PM

I created an account just so that I could reply to this message.

I had a severe allergic reaction to a Caramel Brulee Latte today. I am allergic to wheat, not all gluten, and I contacted Starbucks when I couldn't find any ingredient information. They said that there may be cross-contamination in their specialty coffee drinks and will expedite the information to the supervisors so new bulletins will be posted in all of the stores.

I am covered in hives and am having trouble breathing. That should be a warning enough to all of you gluten-free's to stay away from the Caramel Brulee.

Best wishes!

BUMMER :huh: Bummer for you and Bummer for all the rest of us, too! Hope you feel better soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: