11 replies to this topic

#1 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

I just made a pan of the Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownies. WOW! These are the real thing. I added Nestle White Morsels to it before I baked it and they came out so moist and good! I feel like I am going to get glutened when I eat them because they taste so much like the real thing! These Betty Crocker mixes have been a lifesaver for me! Wow oh wow oh wow!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

I love those! :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:48 PM

Add the kraft Caramel bits ( little round caramel not the big squares). The gluten-free Pantry ones are great, too!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#4 CeliacAndCfsCrusader

CeliacAndCfsCrusader

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:43 PM

I agree, Betty Crocker makes good stuff at a good price.

BTW, Pamela's Pancake/Baking mix makes a GREAT carrot cake. Made a homemade cream cheese frosting and honestly couldn't tell the difference. Amen!

#5 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:49 AM

I am also fond of Betty Crocker gluten-free baking mixes. I've added additional mini-chocolate chips to the brownie mix. Yum.

For my pumpkin dump cake (recipe posted in the recipe section) I used the Betty Crocker gluten-free yellow cake mix. Worked great. (I also subbed unsweetened coconut milk for the evaporated milk.)

Kudos to Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. I use it all the time for both banana bread and pumpkin bread. I don't think anyone can tell the difference. Surprisingly I've not yet tried it for pancakes but have made pancakes using gluten-free Bisquick.

Thanks to all for giving wonderful suggestions to make our gluten-free diets very palatable! Posted Image
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#6 CeliacAndCfsCrusader

CeliacAndCfsCrusader

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:51 PM

"Kudos to Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. I use it all the time for both banana bread and pumpkin bread. I don't think anyone can tell the difference. Surprisingly I've not yet tried it for pancakes but have made pancakes using gluten-free Bisquick."

I use Pamela's for pancakes just about every week. I substitute skim milk for water and add no oil at all. Tastes like a "whole grain" pancake, pretty tasty.

#7 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:59 AM

I use Pamela's for pancakes just about every week. I substitute skim milk for water and add no oil at all. Tastes like a "whole grain" pancake, pretty tasty.

I guess one of these days I may try it for pancakes although I do like gluten-free Bisquick and have some "from scratch" recipes I'd like to try. Before going gluten-free, I never did use pancake mixes as they are easy to make without mixes. Since I live alone, it's nice to have a stash of pancakes in the freezer to zap.

Pamela's is incredibly good stuff and there are lots of recipes on their website. After paying $6.29 for a 24 oz. bag at Giant, I did the subscribe-and-save at Amazon, which brought the cost down to $4.31/bag (at least at the time I subscribed).
Sylvia

#8 Jaymie Jaymz

Jaymie Jaymz

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:25 AM

The Betty Crocker gluten-free brownies and cake mixes are really good. On their website, they have a bunch of recipes you can make with the mixes to change things up a bit.
I'm trying the mint grasshopper bars this weekend, using the devil's food mix.

#9 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

Has anyone made the Pineapple Upside Down cake using Betty Crocker yellow cake mix? I made it but didn't care for it. My friends said they liked it. Personally I think they were being kind. Posted Image

I have two loaves of banana bread in the oven right now using Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. I've made it a number of times and know it will be good.
Sylvia

#10 kitgordon

kitgordon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:12 AM

Has anyone made the Pineapple Upside Down cake using Betty Crocker yellow cake mix? I made it but didn't care for it. My friends said they liked it. Personally I think they were being kind. Posted Image

I have two loaves of banana bread in the oven right now using Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. I've made it a number of times and know it will be good.

My son's girlfriend who loves to bake has been so sweet about making gluten-free desserts for me. She made the pineapple upside down cake with BC mix - I wasn't wild about it, either. But of course I wouldn't tell her that. She also made the BC brownies with cream cheese swirled on top; those were out of this world! And they kept nice, too. So many of our breads and cakes seem to dry right out if you keep them more than a day or two. I haven't tried banana bread yet - sounds yummy!

#11 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:17 AM

I haven't tried banana bread yet - sounds yummy!

Pamela's rocks!

ETA: I usually freeze it two slices to a cheap foldover sandwich bag and then put it into a larger ZipLoc freezer bag.
Sylvia

#12 catarific

catarific

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:33 PM

OMG - I was so skeptical with these - but I did find them and bought two boxes of mix just in case I liked them - although I was skeptical. Well, I am soooo glad I have two on hand! This is the first really sweet thing I have had in a long time - and woo hoo I loved them! My husband won't give them a try no matter how much I tell him - it is good! Oh well, I guess more for me! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: