• Please log in to reply

11 replies to this topic

GFreeMO

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

I just made a pan of the Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownies. WOW! These are the real thing. I added Nestle White Morsels to it before I baked it and they came out so moist and good! I feel like I am going to get glutened when I eat them because they taste so much like the real thing! These Betty Crocker mixes have been a lifesaver for me! Wow oh wow oh wow!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,941 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

I love those! :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,573 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:48 PM

Add the kraft Caramel bits ( little round caramel not the big squares). The gluten-free Pantry ones are great, too!

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

CeliacAndCfsCrusader

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:43 PM

I agree, Betty Crocker makes good stuff at a good price.

BTW, Pamela's Pancake/Baking mix makes a GREAT carrot cake. Made a homemade cream cheese frosting and honestly couldn't tell the difference. Amen!

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:49 AM

I am also fond of Betty Crocker gluten-free baking mixes. I've added additional mini-chocolate chips to the brownie mix. Yum.

For my pumpkin dump cake (recipe posted in the recipe section) I used the Betty Crocker gluten-free yellow cake mix. Worked great. (I also subbed unsweetened coconut milk for the evaporated milk.)

Kudos to Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. I use it all the time for both banana bread and pumpkin bread. I don't think anyone can tell the difference. Surprisingly I've not yet tried it for pancakes but have made pancakes using gluten-free Bisquick.

Thanks to all for giving wonderful suggestions to make our gluten-free diets very palatable! Posted Image
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

CeliacAndCfsCrusader

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:51 PM

"Kudos to Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. I use it all the time for both banana bread and pumpkin bread. I don't think anyone can tell the difference. Surprisingly I've not yet tried it for pancakes but have made pancakes using gluten-free Bisquick."

I use Pamela's for pancakes just about every week. I substitute skim milk for water and add no oil at all. Tastes like a "whole grain" pancake, pretty tasty.

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:59 AM

I use Pamela's for pancakes just about every week. I substitute skim milk for water and add no oil at all. Tastes like a "whole grain" pancake, pretty tasty.

I guess one of these days I may try it for pancakes although I do like gluten-free Bisquick and have some "from scratch" recipes I'd like to try. Before going gluten-free, I never did use pancake mixes as they are easy to make without mixes. Since I live alone, it's nice to have a stash of pancakes in the freezer to zap.

Pamela's is incredibly good stuff and there are lots of recipes on their website. After paying $6.29 for a 24 oz. bag at Giant, I did the subscribe-and-save at Amazon, which brought the cost down to $4.31/bag (at least at the time I subscribed).
Sylvia

Jaymie Jaymz

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:25 AM

The Betty Crocker gluten-free brownies and cake mixes are really good. On their website, they have a bunch of recipes you can make with the mixes to change things up a bit.
I'm trying the mint grasshopper bars this weekend, using the devil's food mix.

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

Has anyone made the Pineapple Upside Down cake using Betty Crocker yellow cake mix? I made it but didn't care for it. My friends said they liked it. Personally I think they were being kind. Posted Image

I have two loaves of banana bread in the oven right now using Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. I've made it a number of times and know it will be good.
Sylvia

kitgordon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:12 AM

Has anyone made the Pineapple Upside Down cake using Betty Crocker yellow cake mix? I made it but didn't care for it. My friends said they liked it. Personally I think they were being kind. Posted Image

I have two loaves of banana bread in the oven right now using Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. I've made it a number of times and know it will be good.

My son's girlfriend who loves to bake has been so sweet about making gluten-free desserts for me. She made the pineapple upside down cake with BC mix - I wasn't wild about it, either. But of course I wouldn't tell her that. She also made the BC brownies with cream cheese swirled on top; those were out of this world! And they kept nice, too. So many of our breads and cakes seem to dry right out if you keep them more than a day or two. I haven't tried banana bread yet - sounds yummy!

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:17 AM

I haven't tried banana bread yet - sounds yummy!

Pamela's rocks!

ETA: I usually freeze it two slices to a cheap foldover sandwich bag and then put it into a larger ZipLoc freezer bag.
Sylvia

catarific

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:33 PM

OMG - I was so skeptical with these - but I did find them and bought two boxes of mix just in case I liked them - although I was skeptical. Well, I am soooo glad I have two on hand! This is the first really sweet thing I have had in a long time - and woo hoo I loved them! My husband won't give them a try no matter how much I tell him - it is good! Oh well, I guess more for me! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: