Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Betty Crocker Brownies

12 posts in this topic

I just made a pan of the Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownies. WOW! These are the real thing. I added Nestle White Morsels to it before I baked it and they came out so moist and good! I feel like I am going to get glutened when I eat them because they taste so much like the real thing! These Betty Crocker mixes have been a lifesaver for me! Wow oh wow oh wow!

Ads by Google:

I love those! :D

Add the kraft Caramel bits ( little round caramel not the big squares). The gluten-free Pantry ones are great, too!

I agree, Betty Crocker makes good stuff at a good price.

BTW, Pamela's Pancake/Baking mix makes a GREAT carrot cake. Made a homemade cream cheese frosting and honestly couldn't tell the difference. Amen!

I am also fond of Betty Crocker gluten-free baking mixes. I've added additional mini-chocolate chips to the brownie mix. Yum.

For my pumpkin dump cake (recipe posted in the recipe section) I used the Betty Crocker gluten-free yellow cake mix. Worked great. (I also subbed unsweetened coconut milk for the evaporated milk.)

Kudos to Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. I use it all the time for both banana bread and pumpkin bread. I don't think anyone can tell the difference. Surprisingly I've not yet tried it for pancakes but have made pancakes using gluten-free Bisquick.

Thanks to all for giving wonderful suggestions to make our gluten-free diets very palatable! biggrin.gif

"Kudos to Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. I use it all the time for both banana bread and pumpkin bread. I don't think anyone can tell the difference. Surprisingly I've not yet tried it for pancakes but have made pancakes using gluten-free Bisquick."

I use Pamela's for pancakes just about every week. I substitute skim milk for water and add no oil at all. Tastes like a "whole grain" pancake, pretty tasty.

I use Pamela's for pancakes just about every week. I substitute skim milk for water and add no oil at all. Tastes like a "whole grain" pancake, pretty tasty.

I guess one of these days I may try it for pancakes although I do like gluten-free Bisquick and have some "from scratch" recipes I'd like to try. Before going gluten-free, I never did use pancake mixes as they are easy to make without mixes. Since I live alone, it's nice to have a stash of pancakes in the freezer to zap.

Pamela's is incredibly good stuff and there are lots of recipes on their website. After paying $6.29 for a 24 oz. bag at Giant, I did the subscribe-and-save at Amazon, which brought the cost down to $4.31/bag (at least at the time I subscribed).

The Betty Crocker gluten-free brownies and cake mixes are really good. On their website, they have a bunch of recipes you can make with the mixes to change things up a bit.

I'm trying the mint grasshopper bars this weekend, using the devil's food mix.

Has anyone made the Pineapple Upside Down cake using Betty Crocker yellow cake mix? I made it but didn't care for it. My friends said they liked it. Personally I think they were being kind. laugh.gif

I have two loaves of banana bread in the oven right now using Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. I've made it a number of times and know it will be good.

Has anyone made the Pineapple Upside Down cake using Betty Crocker yellow cake mix? I made it but didn't care for it. My friends said they liked it. Personally I think they were being kind. laugh.gif

I have two loaves of banana bread in the oven right now using Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix. I've made it a number of times and know it will be good.

My son's girlfriend who loves to bake has been so sweet about making gluten-free desserts for me. She made the pineapple upside down cake with BC mix - I wasn't wild about it, either. But of course I wouldn't tell her that. She also made the BC brownies with cream cheese swirled on top; those were out of this world! And they kept nice, too. So many of our breads and cakes seem to dry right out if you keep them more than a day or two. I haven't tried banana bread yet - sounds yummy!

I haven't tried banana bread yet - sounds yummy!

Pamela's rocks!

ETA: I usually freeze it two slices to a cheap foldover sandwich bag and then put it into a larger ZipLoc freezer bag.

OMG - I was so skeptical with these - but I did find them and bought two boxes of mix just in case I liked them - although I was skeptical. Well, I am soooo glad I have two on hand! This is the first really sweet thing I have had in a long time - and woo hoo I loved them! My husband won't give them a try no matter how much I tell him - it is good! Oh well, I guess more for me! :)