Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Feeling Like An Idiot

22 posts in this topic

Last week I posted about how I got mysteriously getting glutened from what I though was hamburger meat, turns out it was Treet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treet) I was an idiot not to notice the "contains WHEAT" thing, I guess the recipe changed on me or something.....

And to top it off I got a MAJOR glutening yesterday from Applebee's. I feel like trash.... Headache, stomach ache, joint pain, bloating, etc.

Why does the world need wheat!!!!!! Makes me so angry!!!!!

Sorry for the rant... :P

Ads by Google:

I know what you mean. It sucks to get Glutened when you are trying so hard to avoid it and it sneaks in!

We should all move to a single State and make it all gluten-free. :)

Or a tropical island with lots of palm trees and sandy beaches. Glutenfreeland is born!

I think Treet is similar to Spam right? Spam is gluten free.

Treet is the cheaper southern version of spam, I used to love it a lot!

And HEAR HEAR!!! I agree we need to get an island!!

I vote for the island, I would defenitely love to live in Glutenfreeland!!!! :D

A VERY BIG island :rolleyes:

I have been sick twice at Applebees and once was just with eating a salad. Never again. They don't get it. I have better luck with a potato at Wendy's!

Ahh, Shrommie, can we take over New Zealand? All those beautiful mountains and beaches to explore! Or I suppose we could settle for Maui, if New Zealand is taken, darn it.

Don't feel bad PBScooby. I bought some tuna in water tins because it was on sale a bit ago and didn't notice until after I ate a can that it had soy in it. Then I felt it. Dratted soy! Soy should be illegal in civilized countries. Along with taxes and cold weather. There, I said it. :angry::huh::D

Ahh, Shrommie, can we take over New Zealand? All those beautiful mountains and beaches to explore! Or I suppose we could settle for Maui, if New Zealand is taken, darn it.

Don't feel bad PBScooby. I bought some tuna in water tins because it was on sale a bit ago and didn't notice until after I ate a can that it had soy in it. Then I felt it. Dratted soy! Soy should be illegal in civilized countries. Along with taxes and cold weather. There, I said it. :angry::huh::D

:lol: Agreed.

I'll come to the island of Glutenfreeland. Sounds great to me. I almost sampled some beef at Costco and then read the ingredients. Contained malt. Who puts malt in beef? oh those guys.

Well, if you want to convert South Island to Gluten Free Land, there's a lot of baggage that comes with it. Sure the scenery is fab as Gee Eff points out , the folks are friendly (and many are gluten hep and free :D ) However, we have been having a few little problems lately. Like 7.1 earthquakes with thousands of aftershocks (down to only about one a day now though), and exploding coal mines killing 29 miners and too much gaseous gas to even get in there and retrieve the bodies :o We are on the Pacific 'Rim of Fire' with earthquakes, and active volcanoes, and hardly the tropical south pacific - heck we are the closest land mass to Antarctica except for Tierra del Fuego, and the US bases all its Antarctic operations out of my home town :rolleyes: So maybe we should take over Tahiti - nah, not big enough!!, and certainly not Oz (not an island, and all those spiders and snakes and alleygaters, no wait, crockadialsl :lol: Shoot, there is few places on earth that is perfect :lol:

I'm all for the island idea. As for Applebee's. Ugh. They get me everytime. Last time I had a plain salad and a plain hamburger and got sick, the manager was supposedly cooking my food personally and on foil too. No need to feel like an idiot. We all slip up!

We stopped going to Applebees years ago, pre gluten-free, because the service was always awful and the food never right. This was at many different locations in the town where their headquarters were.

Thank you for all the replies!

As far as Applebee's go, I used to have the BEST luck going there. I'm under suspicion to believe it's the Pepsi...I know that sounds crazy but at Applebee's that serve Coke I don't usually get sick. Go figure :P

As for the Island! I vote for anywhere warm!! I'm sick of the cold already!

As for day 3 of this adventure....I feel like poop. And I can't think of any other way to describe it.

And hobbit holes! They have hobbit holes there! I vote for NZ!

Yes, plenty of hobbit habitat; plenty of rabbit holes too, but no snake nests although there are some snake-in-the-grass species. :o

Yes, plenty of hobbit habitat; plenty of rabbit holes too, but no snake nests although there are some snake-in-the-grass species. :o

No snake nests? What, there's no center of politics and government? :)

Went to a resturant and tried to explain to the waitress what i need and what i cant have. She replied to my wife what a pain in the backside i must be and told me they should take me out back and shoot me and get it overwith. I Know she was just kidding bout that but I get sick of ppl who dont get it or dont want to get it and think im being stupid when i move out of their area when they are eating gluten rich foods and dripping crumbs all over the place and setting it down near me and my stuff. Maybe im just paranoid:)

Went to a resturant and tried to explain to the waitress what i need and what i cant have. She replied to my wife what a pain in the backside i must be and told me they should take me out back and shoot me and get it overwith. I Know she was just kidding bout that but I get sick of ppl who dont get it or dont want to get it and think im being stupid when i move out of their area when they are eating gluten rich foods and dripping crumbs all over the place and setting it down near me and my stuff. Maybe im just paranoid:)

That's just awful! I truly hope you didn't tip that person! :-/

People like that just annoy me to death!

I totally vote for New Zealand! I LOVE the Lord of the Rings and totally wanna see the Hobbit holes! ;-) We should make it all gluten-free!

You would have an awful hard time convincing the average Kiwi beer-drinking bloke to abandon his Speights, Monteith's or Tui for Redbridge :P And at those prices too!! Or are you planning on kicking out all the gluten tolerant Kiwis?? :lol:

Now we are known as a pretty tolerant country, but the average Kiwi might not tolerate being kicked out of his country BECAUSE he was tolerant!!

You would have an awful hard time convincing the average Kiwi beer-drinking bloke to abandon his Speights, Monteith's or Tui for Redbridge :P And at those prices too!! Or are you planning on kicking out all the gluten tolerant Kiwis?? :lol:

Now we are known as a pretty tolerant country, but the average Kiwi might not tolerate being kicked out of his country BECAUSE he was tolerant!!

Well them kiwi's, lettin' a bunch of furry footed hobbitses run all around the countryside stealing carrots and corn and rings and not wanting a few million grouchy, farty celiacs to move in. Think of all the great fireworks 'ol Gandalf could do with the extra flatulence we could add to the scene!

I suppose we could take a vote but for some reason I think the Kiwi's might not want to recognize it. Seems like Glutenfreeland is going to remain a virtual community.