Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Whole Foods' gluten-free Pizza Crust?

3 posts in this topic

I'm reacting to something I ate yesterday, and am trying to figure out what got me. I tried a gluten free pizza crust from Whole Foods Market last night, first time I've eaten it. Has anyone had any problems with this product? The only other new food was raspberry tart cookies from Katz Gluten Free, but they are a dedicated gluten-free facility. Gack. :(

Ads by Google:

So, WF has the best gluten free pizza. The only problem is the pizza makers are not well trained. The first time we ordered one, they asked me what size. I said, "Wow, you have more than a personal?" And they said yes so we ordered a large. My boys and I were sick, sick, sick. The next time, I ordered one for my son, and it turns out they ONLY have the small personal size in gluten free, and they had made us a gluteny pizza the first time. :angry:

I went to our new WF last weekend, and they made my little pizza. Before I could say anything, she cut it up with the gluteny cutter! When I asked if that is what she did, she said "oh, are you THAT sensitive?" I had her start over and use a clean cutter.

Could be they cut it with the gluteny cutter :( I very much enjoyed the 2nd pizza cooked, with no problems.

So, WF has the best gluten free pizza. The only problem is the pizza makers are not well trained. The first time we ordered one, they asked me what size. I said, "Wow, you have more than a personal?" And they said yes so we ordered a large. My boys and I were sick, sick, sick. The next time, I ordered one for my son, and it turns out they ONLY have the small personal size in gluten free, and they had made us a gluteny pizza the first time. :angry:

I went to our new WF last weekend, and they made my little pizza. Before I could say anything, she cut it up with the gluteny cutter! When I asked if that is what she did, she said "oh, are you THAT sensitive?" I had her start over and use a clean cutter.

Could be they cut it with the gluteny cutter :( I very much enjoyed the 2nd pizza cooked, with no problems.

Actually, I used their frozen crust, and made the pizza at home. I didn't know they make pizzas on the premises! I don't shop there too often, it's far from home.