2 replies to this topic

#1 BethM55

BethM55

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:53 AM

I'm reacting to something I ate yesterday, and am trying to figure out what got me. I tried a gluten free pizza crust from Whole Foods Market last night, first time I've eaten it. Has anyone had any problems with this product? The only other new food was raspberry tart cookies from Katz Gluten Free, but they are a dedicated gluten-free facility. Gack. :(
Self diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten free since 12/09.
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 15 years ago. Fibro symptoms have improved but not gone away with gluten free living.
Osteoarthritis, mostly in hands and neck and lumbar spine. Not sure if going gluten-free has helped that problem, but it certainly can't hurt. (Am very grateful that so far no sign of the RA that is devastating my mother lately.)
Considering a dairy free trial. Considering.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Wolicki

Wolicki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

So, WF has the best gluten free pizza. The only problem is the pizza makers are not well trained. The first time we ordered one, they asked me what size. I said, "Wow, you have more than a personal?" And they said yes so we ordered a large. My boys and I were sick, sick, sick. The next time, I ordered one for my son, and it turns out they ONLY have the small personal size in gluten free, and they had made us a gluteny pizza the first time. :angry:

I went to our new WF last weekend, and they made my little pizza. Before I could say anything, she cut it up with the gluteny cutter! When I asked if that is what she did, she said "oh, are you THAT sensitive?" I had her start over and use a clean cutter.

Could be they cut it with the gluteny cutter :( I very much enjoyed the 2nd pizza cooked, with no problems.
Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!

#3 BethM55

BethM55

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

So, WF has the best gluten free pizza. The only problem is the pizza makers are not well trained. The first time we ordered one, they asked me what size. I said, "Wow, you have more than a personal?" And they said yes so we ordered a large. My boys and I were sick, sick, sick. The next time, I ordered one for my son, and it turns out they ONLY have the small personal size in gluten free, and they had made us a gluteny pizza the first time. :angry:

I went to our new WF last weekend, and they made my little pizza. Before I could say anything, she cut it up with the gluteny cutter! When I asked if that is what she did, she said "oh, are you THAT sensitive?" I had her start over and use a clean cutter.

Could be they cut it with the gluteny cutter :( I very much enjoyed the 2nd pizza cooked, with no problems.

Actually, I used their frozen crust, and made the pizza at home. I didn't know they make pizzas on the premises! I don't shop there too often, it's far from home.
Self diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten free since 12/09.
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 15 years ago. Fibro symptoms have improved but not gone away with gluten free living.
Osteoarthritis, mostly in hands and neck and lumbar spine. Not sure if going gluten-free has helped that problem, but it certainly can't hurt. (Am very grateful that so far no sign of the RA that is devastating my mother lately.)
Considering a dairy free trial. Considering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: