Had Bad Reaction To Gluten Free Sausage
Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:34 PM
I had a bad reaction this morning to some shelton turkey no gluten sausage. It was a milder reaction than I used to get. I pooped everything out,(sorry to be gross but I must have gone 7-8 times.) I was slightly nausested. The weirdest symptoms were neurological, I had weird thoughts and my legs felt shakey.
My blood tests showed three times the normal level of mold antibodies so my doc gave me a list of foods not to eat and I forgot that sausage was on it! He said that mold toxins cause neurological symtoms so thats why I used to get my whole body shaking and extreme anxiety like I did.
I had to take 1/2 ativan and 1/4 phenergan to feel better. I don't want to be too sleepy since we are meeting some friends for lunch later. I guess its just human to make a mistake like that,huh?
We are going to Maggianos which is very celiac friendly.
Just needed some support. Its hard to follow a gluten, casein free diet as well as a mold free diet too!
Thanks for listening.
Posted 26 June 2005 - 02:39 PM
Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:42 PM
I've never heard that mold can cause anxiety, or that there was a blood test that can measure mold antibodies. This really peaked my interest, because I have a mold allergy, and I have problems with anxiety too...but I never knew there was a connection.
Would you mind providing a little more info on this, and/or do you know of any good websites where one might read up on mold sensitivity, blood tests, etc?
Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:54 PM
My doctor at Health NOw clinic took some blood and sent it to BioHealth Diagnostics . Immunosciences Lab.8393 Wilshire Blvd Beverly Hills CA 90211 310-6571077. I have a huge number of antibodies to mold and am trying to figure out where I have been exposed to it. I think that is my main problem. (Besides the gluten of course. I just sent three more mold samples of to the lab.
Just got home from Maggianos. Had roast chicken, potatoes and asparagus. Was kind of hard to see my friends eating pasta and cake! My husband took me to Peets coffee(my favorite) and got me a large soy latte after dinner. I had 1/2 a gluten free brownie when I got home. Unfortunately I still have a stomach ache from this morning.
Its back to a stricter diet tommorow, no sweets at all.
Talk to you soon,
Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:57 PM
Just so you know, some molds can be extremely toxic and have been shown to cause death in infants. They definitely have neurotoxic effects. I'll try to find a web site for you.
Thanks all for your support!
Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:10 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll be seeing an allergist next week, so I'll be sure to ask him about mold testing.
Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:55 AM
Posted 07 July 2005 - 09:38 AM
Anyway, something to ask about.
Gluten-free since 10/04
Gluten-sensitive genes: HLA-DQ 1,3 (Subtype 6,9)
Interstitial Cystitis, 7/07
Posted 07 July 2005 - 09:43 AM
Mold allergies stink. I have one, but haven't ever noticed it to food. Hmmm.
Just started dairy-free too. It is hard. I have gone to a milion places looking for this gluten-free, cf vegan cheese. Who knows what it will taste like once I get a hold of some!! Good luck to you June, hope Maggiano's is good to you!
gluten-free since Feb 2005
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users