This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Marilyn R Community Regular

I'll try to, but I'm not good at behaving myself. Long history of not doing so.

P.S. We had pizza tonight.

I think Kathryn Hepburn said "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun."

But I'm bad at quotes.

And I think the only reason I thought of that is that it's on the box of the gluten-free pizza I like.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

IrishHeart Veteran

I think Kathryn Hepburn said "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun."

But I'm bad at quotes.

And I think the only reason I thought of that is that it's on the box of the gluten-free pizza I like.

Yes! and on the opposite side of the box is one of my favorite all-time quotes :) :

"When the gods want to punish us, they answer our prayers."--Oscar Wilde

and I always add: I prayed for patience. I got Celiac.

Mom23boys Contributor

The 10 y/o cooked tonight. We have green beans and new potatoes, raw broccoli and cauliflower salad, and strawberries with grapes and blueberries.

Adalaide Mentor

I always add: I prayed for patience. I got Celiac.

I prayed for patience. Now I babysit my 14 month old cousin. <_< I love my kids more than life, but honestly other than the two of them I don't really like kids.

IrishHeart Veteran

I prayed for patience. Now I babysit my 14 month old cousin. <_< I love my kids more than life, but honestly other than the two of them I don't really like kids.

Adalaide, you are delightfully honest. :lol:

How are those arepas?

PNW Rick Newbie

Made some hashed browns and bacon, breakfast for dinner seemed like an easy and fun way to jump into cooking for myself.

Lobstah! From BAH-Stun! ;) good stuff! I've got a great online friend from there and we go back and forth about our different accents all the time.

I asked my oldest sister (I'm the youngest of five) if she appreciated the fact that I took ALL of the bad genes in my gene pool She has a masters in Nursing. She laughed, then said she was sorry. I have very good eyesite out of it, though, I'm still 20/20 at 52 years old. The eye doc said I have a perfect genetic line up. Glad something worked.

My second sister feels the same way about kids that aren't her's or her grandkids. btw Adalaide. She say's they're not even cute! (I didn't have any kids but I can usually find sonething cute about a little kid.)

We had ground sirloin with chopped portabella mushrooms and some cheese, grilled. He had potato chips, I had sweet potato. I made a salad of arugula and hearts or romaine with nothing else but dressing. (He wouldn't notice anyway, or would think it was icky.)

Glad you like ATG Pizza Irish. :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Made some hashed browns and bacon, breakfast for dinner seemed like an easy and fun way to jump into cooking for myself.

Lobstah! From BAH-Stun! ;) good stuff! I've got a great online friend from there and we go back and forth about our different accents all the time.

Welcome! and breakfast for dinner works for us! :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Glad you like ATG Pizza Irish. :rolleyes:

I do, I do, hon!

(and the CHEBE makes a good pizza crust, too. Thanks again for that suggestion! :wub: )

It's a good quickie dinner with a salad when I "take the day off" from cooking(Friday night) and hubs is gone golfing all afternoon.

dcns65 Apprentice

It was good ole Maine Lobstah as I'm a Mainer, but a transplant. Kids are natives though!

Tonight will be breakfast for dinner. Blueberry pancakes and bacon. Need to ask my daughter what she wants the next two nights before she goes away for 5 weeks to a summer ballet program.

IrishHeart Veteran

It was good ole Maine Lobstah

Is there any other kind? :)

P.S. (I know there are, but they don't count)

I'm a lobstah snob. :lol:

love2travel Mentor

Our lamb shoulder will be reincarnated as a meat pie with a gluten free pastry crust.

Adalaide Mentor

My second sister feels the same way about kids that aren't her's or her grandkids. btw Adalaide. She say's they're not even cute! (I didn't have any kids but I can usually find sonething cute about a little kid.

I think kids are perfectly adorable. When they're not my responsibility and stay a safe enough distance from me that I'm not expected to interact with them. Frankly though the whole rows and rows in front of me of toddlers eating pretzels and touching EVERYTHING at church kind of freaks me out. I won't touch anything there for fear that some kid put their pretzel residue all over it.

Tonight I'm working, tomorrow night too. So, I am leaving my husband in charge of having ribs ready for me when I get home and I'll just throw some spinach and dressing next to it and call it supper. Lets all cross our fingers and hope I get something edible!

sora Community Regular

Had a pretty bad chemical reaction today while out so simple scrambled eggs, bacon and fried potatoes.

IrishHeart Veteran

Had a pretty bad chemical reaction today while out so simple scrambled eggs, bacon and fried potatoes.

:( sorry, hon--hope you feel better soon.

We had grilled chicken.

I marinated it in pomegranate vinaigrette.

Some grilled asparagus and cole slaw with pineapple chunks and cranberries on the side.

Watching my bikini figure.

sora Community Regular

Feeling better today, thanks.

Quartered a chicken and it's in the oven, some Parmesan 'nests' and probably asparagus and sliced tomatoes.

GF Lover Rising Star

I'm having a pitcher of strawberry daquiris. Since I just went dairy free, I can't find anything to eat except a head of lettuce :lol:

Adalaide Mentor

I'm having a pitcher of strawberry daquiris. Since I just went dairy free, I can't find anything to eat except a head of lettuce :lol:

Call it celebrating summer and have an extra daiquiri!

I think I'm just going to have a spinach salad, I had meat for lunch since I'll be working tonight and have a really late supper.

IrishHeart Veteran

I know you are just joking, but you can eat very well dairy and gluten free. Jules Shepherd makes a living out of it. I did it for 10 months.

http://www.julesglutenfree.com/

But as a long as you're pouring, c'mon girl, hand me a daiquiri. :)

GF Lover Rising Star

I know you are just joking, but you can eat very well dairy and gluten free. Jules Shepherd makes a living out of it. I did it for 10 months.

http://www.julesglutenfree.com/

But as a long as you're pouring, c'mon girl, hand me a daiquiri. :)

Sorry to say, not joking, there's one glass full left in the pitcher, it's all yours :D Udi's has this monocalcium phosphate, is that a kind of dairy thing, if it's not I'll go for Udi's and skippy. Thanks for the link, already bookmarked it.

And I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow so I'll be good to go :D

IrishHeart Veteran

Sorry to say, not joking, there's one glass full left in the pitcher, it's all yours :D Udi's has this monocalcium phosphate, is that a kind of dairy thing, if it's not I'll go for Udi's and skippy. Thanks for the link, already bookmarked it.

And I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow so I'll be good to go :D

Sweetie, if something has dairy it it, it has to be labeled: CONTAINS MILK. That's the beauty and blessing of food labeling laws.

Okay, now--you can't find yourself left with just a pitcher of yummy drinks and a head of lettuce. Time to get some supplies. Did you read the NEWBIE 101 thread I put together? I humbly submit, it may just help you get started.

Last I knew, you felt lousy after the crouton "incident"....you need some nourishment!! :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Feeling better today, thanks.

:) YAAY!!

GF Lover Rising Star

Sweetie, if something has dairy it it, it has to be labeled: CONTAINS MILK. That's the beauty and blessing of food labeling laws.

Okay, now--you can't find yourself left with just a pitcher of yummy drinks and a head of lettuce. Time to get some supplies. Did you read the NEWBIE 101 thread I put together? I humbly submit, it may just help you get started.

Last I knew, you felt lousy after the crouton "incident"....you need some nourishment!! :)

Thanks IH, granted, I need to do better in the eating dept. I sometimes think that because I'm not absorbing so much, why eat? Now I'm off, hanging my head, heading back to the NEWBIE link. Maybe ill remember some of it this time around. :lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

Thanks IH, granted, I need to do better in the eating dept. I sometimes think that because I'm not absorbing so much, why eat? Now I'm off, hanging my head, heading back to the NEWBIE link. Maybe ill remember some of it this time around. :lol:

That's what printers are for. Print that puppy off.

Make a shopping list. EAT! :lol:

No head hanging necessary, kiddo.

You are absorbing SOMETHING from the minute you go gluten-free.

And as much as I like daiquiris, too....BOOZE is not the best idea

in a gut that is still raw. You need nourishment, kiddo.

EAT!! Said with all the love in the world. :)

I am lovin' my new indoor grill. I made steak kabobs with a Ribeye that was on sale. It took 3 minutes for MR, 5 for Medium. DP usually gets GERD from steak, so I've avoided it for quite awhile. You know that funny thing about absence makin' the heart grow fonder? Those kabobs were the best