This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Lisa Mentor

It's a blazing 79 degrees here,

WELL, JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH! It's 8:15 and 92 degrees. :angry:B)

Praying for rain after three weeks of 100 degree weather, but hoping it won't come through with too much of a kick.

Linguini with clam sauce, for us.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Jestgar Rising Star

WELL, JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH! It's 8:15 and 92 degrees. :angry:B)

Praying for rain after three weeks of 100 degree weather, but hoping it won't come through with too much of a kick.

Linguini with clam sauce, for us.

Rumor has it that Canada will be sending down some cooler air pretty soon.

I opted for peanut butter and jelly rice cakes.

Lisa Mentor

Rumor has it that Canada will be sending down some cooler air pretty soon.

I hear that too. We will see and lightly please. :D

Linguini was wonderful (no really great)....a great summer dinner.

Adalaide Mentor

Yay for scurvy! <_< Seriously though, what kind of doctor diagnosis someone with scurvy in today's world without thinking there is some kind of very serious underlying disease. I'm off to have a root canal and a tooth pulled, so I'm back to a liquid and soft food diet for a few days. I'm thinking rice cereal for supper with maybe some sort of blueberry something or other for flavor. I usually browse the baby food for stir ins while still flying high from the dentists chair so who knows what I'll come home with. :lol:

IrishHeart Veteran

.......some sort of blueberry something or other for flavor.

can you have this?

http://spoonful.com/recipes/blueberry-fool

might be soothing... :) (I hate the dentist)

Adalaide Mentor

Just so you know, we'll be walking around the store or in the kitchen or something and I'll be like "so Irish was like....." or "I should buy X because Irish said" and hubby is like :blink: and I'm like what? You're practically a family member here with all of your great ideas! I am SO buying blueberries. I love you so much right now. Off I go!

~**caselynn**~ Enthusiast

Tonight looks like red hot dogs and cape cod chips haha healthy huh?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Just so you know, we'll be walking around the store or in the kitchen or something and I'll be like "so Irish was like....." or "I should buy X because Irish said" and hubby is like :blink: and I'm like what? You're practically a family member here with all of your great ideas! I am SO buying blueberries. I love you so much right now. Off I go!

aw, gosh, well, I love you, too.

I hate to see a girl deprived of food---when there are so many options out there.

Irish thinks you should come and clean her house. It would be very good for you!

(probably not buying that one, eh? meh, it was worth a shot)

Dinner tonight is:

veal osso bucco in the slow cooker.

My shoulder is killing me and it's easier to let IT do the work.

alex11602 Collaborator

Steak and spinach mashers for dinner tonight.

Tomorrow night is probably bacon wrapped rosemary chicken.

And I am working on a fondue menu for sometime this week because I feel like I have to try it.

love2travel Mentor

Spring Pea and Watercress Soup with Rose Petal Cream

Julienned Zucchini Salad with Fresh Goat Cheese and Mint

GFreeMO Proficient

Pot roast, carrots and potatoes. So much leftover that I will probably have it for breakfast too. :)

Adalaide Mentor

While I don't think that blueberry fluff stuff was meant to replace something at least semi-nutritious like rice cereal, it has.... and omg. I mashed the blueberries after they were cooked with a potato masher and I also added a dash of cinnamon because who doesn't love cinnamon on blueberries? So yummy, I can totally live on this for a few days!

Lisa Mentor

I made "carney" food, upon request. Sausage with grilled onions and peppers. Baked beans and corn on the cob.

No one took leftovers home, so I have to eat it again. :( Yuck!

Leftovers anyone? :D

sa1937 Community Regular

I made "carney" food, upon request. Sausage with grilled onions and peppers. Baked beans and corn on the cob.

No one took leftovers home, so I have to eat it again. :( Yuck!

Leftovers anyone? :D

YES!!! If I lived next door, I'd have been over the minute you posted this!!! Love it all. biggrin.gif

Adalaide Mentor

YES!!! If I lived next door, I'd have been over the minute you posted this!!! Love it all. biggrin.gif

I'd go with you. Well... I can't eat onions. Or sausage. Or beans. But I love them all. Carny food is the best!

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Where on earth do you live that baked beans, sausage and peppers, and corn on the cob is carney food? In New England that's a normal dinner! Carney food out here is always fried/battered/basted/beaten or covered in caramel.

IrishHeart Veteran

......or pink! :lol: Nothing says carney like cotton candy.

Boston baked beans? sweet Corn? hand made sausages?

Carney food?!! :blink:

Gasp! :o Generations of New Englanders in my family just collectively rolled over in their graves.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Of course, at the last Renaissance festival I went to (not sure if this counts) they were selling chocolate covered bananas. MY face: :ph34r: My hubby's face: :lol:

Dinner! Dinner, I had frozen gluten-free meals for dinner last night, was out....

Adalaide Mentor

Dinner.... ugh, I still feel sort of green and a little fuzzy around the edges. I did manage last night to upgrade from mashed potatoes to french fries with gravy. I'm still barely getting anything in me, after just a few bites I want to hurl but at least I'm eating SOMETHING.

My husband is officially gluten free after struggling with some major issues the past day or two, so I think tonight I'll make burgers since they're a slightly chewable food without too much struggle for me. Maybe some fresh corn on the cob for him, more mashed potatoes for me. <_<

Where I grew up, sausages with grilled peppers and onions are totally carny food. Mmmmmmm sausage. I'm not sure how but they make it an art form to make them drip with more orange grease than a bun can soak up. This of course is always best followed by funnel cakes which I simply must learn to make gluten free.

notme Experienced

cheezeburgers and leftover hashbrowns w/corn on the cob last night (yay udi's burger buns)

adelaide - i made simona's crepes this morning and they were *awesome* - as i was cooking them (i used canola oil to coat the pan) i was thinking: hmmmmm. this batter would make awesome funnel cake.... it's thin enough to put in a squeeze bottle and i just need my oil to be deeper :)

mushroom Proficient

I had put together basic fixin's for tuna salad (the tuna, onion, mashed hardboiled eggs, pickles) and then decided I wanted something hot. Still haven't been shopping for soybean free mayonnaise so found some ricotta, mixed that in with some grated havarti, spread on toasted Udi's, sprinkled with cheddar and broiled. Mmmm!

Gemini Experienced

Where on earth do you live that baked beans, sausage and peppers, and corn on the cob is carney food? In New England that's a normal dinner! Carney food out here is always fried/battered/basted/beaten or covered in caramel.

JNBuunnie....this post was a riot! Boston baked beans are the best. Not those wimpy, tomato based things but real beans swimming in a molasses based sauce and slow cooked to perfection. You people haven't lived until you've had them. ;)

I never liked any carney food...always made me sick. I wonder why? :P

mushroom Proficient

My first county fair, I was greeted at the gate by this ginormous man, "Howdeee neighbor, How's about a ham sammmwitch?" Never was offered no beans.

But back in the days when I made (and ate) beans it was always Boston baked beans from Fanny Farmer. They were so soooo good!

IrishHeart Veteran

. Still haven't been shopping for soybean free mayonnaise

Shroomster, Alex turned me on to Hellman's Canola oil mayo.

I was skeptical (as I did not care for the Spectrum mayo)

but I have to say, it's the "real deal".

And I thanked her profusely. :lol:

love2travel Mentor

Finally back at home so am doing serious cooking/grilling:

Korean Street Tacos with Spicy Sesame Dressing, Daikon and Toasted Peanuts

Japanese Cucumber Salad

I also made Roasted Red Pepper Hummus to go with raw vegetables. Oh, and I also made Strawberry Granita.