This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

jerseyangel Proficient

Baked boneless pork chips, baked acorn squash, mashed potatoes and applesauce.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

love2travel Mentor

I made a fabulous spicy Mexican marinade for chicken which will be grilled. We are also grilling red onion. Then, with queso freso, we are making quesidillas which will be grilled until everything inside is ooey gooey.

To go with the quesidillas will be zucchini fritters and corn on the cob with chipotle butter.

sora Community Regular

I made a fabulous spicy Mexican marinade for chicken which will be grilled. We are also grilling red onion. Then, with queso freso, we are making quesidillas which will be grilled until everything inside is ooey gooey.

To go with the quesidillas will be zucchini fritters and corn on the cob with chipotle butter.

I would love to have a zucchini fritter recipe, care to share? Pretty please:)

It's a bit cooler today so we are having sirloin burgers on the grill with lots of new fresh tomatoes and pickles and lots of fresh veg. Watermelon for dessert.

Simona19 Collaborator

I'm cooking a cabbage soup with Hungarian dry sausage and tomato sauce and with that we will have garlic knots rolls. I made them from my Challah recipe. Yummy!!

Adalaide Mentor

Steak again... poor me, such suffering. :lol: Salad with fresh, still warm from the sun, orange tomatoes from my garden and corn on the cob.

I also picked up some gelato today, I saw it on sale for BOGO and was tempted to buy out the whole store. Of course I just had to have my husband along and he was all blah blah blah you know you shouldn't have the chocolate ones. <_< Jerk. Okay, okay, I know he's really just looking out for me but at that moment in time all I wanted was the double chocolate. Anywho, that's what's for dessert. I was a good girl and got the vanilla which is absolutely amazing.

love2travel Mentor

I would love to have a zucchini fritter recipe, care to share? Pretty please:)

It's a bit cooler today so we are having sirloin burgers on the grill with lots of new fresh tomatoes and pickles and lots of fresh veg. Watermelon for dessert.

It's yummy!

http://leitesculinaria.com/9575/recipes-zucchini-fritters-dill.html

Just substitute the gluten-y AP flour for your favourite AP blend.

sora Community Regular

Thanks for the recipe l2t. I am going to try it as soon as the weather gets cooler.

No cooking today. I have a basket of tomatoes that are all ripe so I think I will just cut big fat slices and put Parm, salt,pepper and oil on them. no one seems to be very hungry anyway.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

~**caselynn**~ Enthusiast

Phew it is hot here in Maine today!! So, tonight we're having potatoes and onions on the grill, beet greens, and lobstahs!! Oh and don't forget the RedBridge!! :) happy Saturday everyone!!

Adalaide Mentor

Surf and turf night. Beef tips fried with an obscene amount of garlic and a fat slab of salmon. Fresh yellow wax beans from the farmer's market I picked up last night.

jerseyangel Proficient

Grilled cheese Sammie's and chicken - corn soup.

sa1937 Community Regular

A BLT on Annalise Roberts' Basic Sandwich bread and potato chips. I haven't had a BLT for ages and my Early Girl tomato plant is becoming prolific.

alex11602 Collaborator

Friday night we had pizza and mint chocolate chip ice cream topped with whipped cream for my daughter's birthday.

Saturday was the birthday party and we had scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, mini corn muffins, cinnamon apple wedges, fruit salad (watermelon, blueberries, strawberries and grapes)and mini brownie bites with whipped cream for dessert.

Tonight I'm making chicken topped with leftover sauce, leftover pepperoni and some mozzarella cheese plus noodles and sauce.

Another fabulous family gathering supper was had here, lake side ofcourse due to this beautiful weather!! We had pork loin and steak on the grill, new potatoes, beet greens, rhubarb chard, green salad, deviled eggs, and homemade vanilla ice cream with butterscotch topping to finish the evening off.....holy lovin' I'm full!! Haha my Aunt has always said that if you go hungry around here, it's your own fault!! She's right!! ????

Lumi Newbie

Bacon wrapped pork tenderloins on the grill, with baked potatoes and sweet corn :D

sora Community Regular

A BLT on Annalise Roberts' Basic Sandwich bread and potato chips. I haven't had a BLT for ages and my Early Girl tomato plant is becoming prolific.

We had BLT's too, so good.

sora Community Regular

Tonight was sausage, recipe from here, steamed potatoes and carrots and fresh tomato wedges with ranch dressing.

alex11602 Collaborator

Sweet onion Bubba burgers with cheddar cheese, mayo and ketchup on Rudi's bread served with roasted potatoes.

notme Experienced

the other night, i made potato gnocchi. to. die. for! first time i made it and it was soooo easy i can't believe i never tried it before. we had it with fried sausage, carmelized onions and wilted spinach. no sauce on the gnocchi, really, just boiled and then tossed in brown butter. i copycatted it from a martha stewart show recipe :)

as we were (NOM NOM) eating the yummy pasta potato pillows, we were thinking of all the different sauces that would go with the gnocchi. i would like to try an alfredo-ey sauce with them next, i think... or a mushroomy stroganoffy type sauce. or just veggies in butter.... o, the possibilities!!

plus: it was EASY and CHEAP - two of my favorite words :D

Tonight is steaks on the grill with potatoes and onions grilled as well!

Adalaide Mentor

Pork chops, cauliflower with cheese sauce, maybe some taters. Not really sure but I feel like I need something else there. The hubs is having french fries but I don't really need to be stuffing my face with something deep fried.

love2travel Mentor

Grilled burger night with all the fixins! Caramelized onion, homemade BBQ sauce, chipotle mayonnaise, capers, aged Pecorino, tomatoes (our garden tomatoes are not ready yet, Sylvia!). Not my homemade buns this time - I'm using Udi's. Baja cabbage slaw and grape popsicles. You've got to be kids every now and then! :P

sa1937 Community Regular

the other night, i made potato gnocchi. to. die. for! first time i made it and it was soooo easy i can't believe i never tried it before. we had it with fried sausage, carmelized onions and wilted spinach. no sauce on the gnocchi, really, just boiled and then tossed in brown butter. i copycatted it from a martha stewart show recipe :)

as we were (NOM NOM) eating the yummy pasta potato pillows, we were thinking of all the different sauces that would go with the gnocchi. i would like to try an alfredo-ey sauce with them next, i think... or a mushroomy stroganoffy type sauce. or just veggies in butter.... o, the possibilities!!

Would you please let me know when you're making this again and give me directions to your house? laugh.gif

I'm going to have some leftover spinach quiche and a salad.

love2travel Mentor

Isn't gnocchi great? I love it when I hear of people making it. It's almost embarassing how easy it is but tastes so luscious. And talk about endless possibilities! I make it often. Last week I made it with a local spicy sausage and tomato ragout.

sa1937 Community Regular

Grilled burger night with all the fixins! Caramelized onion, homemade BBQ sauce, chipotle mayonnaise, capers, aged Pecorino, tomatoes (our garden tomatoes are not ready yet, Sylvia!). Not my homemade buns this time - I'm using Udi's. Baja cabbage slaw and grape popsicles. You've got to be kids every now and then! :P

Hmmm...that's not exactly what my kids would have thought as being a "kids" meal. laugh.gif

I told my son last night on the phone that I was going to be ready to give them tomatoes this week...even if I eat them 3 times a day, I won't be able to use them all. And I have only one Early Girl tomato plant, which will produce until frost.

sora Community Regular

I love gnocchi's too.

I made stir fry with beef and broccoli, red pepper, baby corn, sprouts and onion on rice noodle.