Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat
3 3

9,867 posts in this topic

I think i overdid the chicken, boiled it for about an hour than put it in the skillet cause it stilll kinda looked pink. The result? A dry very browned chicken. Oh well, at least i know its throughly cooked.

Sometimes chicken just doesn't change color when it cooks, drives me bonkers too. When I overdo my chicken, I make barbecue sauce and shred the chicken. Turns into a pulled-chicken thing, like pulled pork. Good for sammiches!

Ads by Google:

Tonight we are having leftover jambalaya from last night which was FANTASTIC. Sure, there are over 30 ingredients in the recipe but that is how I love it. The more ingredients and the more techniques involved the better. Anyway, we will be having braised celeriac as well.

Tonight we are having leftover jambalaya from last night which was FANTASTIC. Sure, there are over 30 ingredients in the recipe but that is how I love it. The more ingredients and the more techniques involved the better. Anyway, we will be having braised celeriac as well.

Sounds great but with my brain fog I am sure I would forget a few ingredients!

I made Salisbury steak with onion and mushroom gravy, rice and cauliflower and carrots.

braised celeriac

for one quick second, I read this and thought, "oh, that's me after 1 drink now"

for one quick second, I read this and thought, "oh, that's me after 1 drink now"

:lol::lol::lol: I had to double check myself!

I read that too.....LMAO!!!!

Crunchy oat chicken (curry, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, oats, tapioca flour, salt and pepper coated thighs)

bake beets with olive oil, garlic and rosemary

rice pilaf

I am reintroducing oats. I would like to see if I can tolerate them...

We had company for dinner and after some much appreciated and needed advice we decided to skip offering our company rolls. We toasted enough Rudi's for everyone to have a slice if they liked with dinner.

Dinner was a lovely spiral cut ham with a brown sugar dijon glaze, baked potatoes (I was too lazy for mashed), glazed carrots, salad and killer gravy. I was in heaven when I tasted it, it was so tempting to just be like... oh it didn't turn out and hide it! No one turned their nose up at the bread either. We told them that if they took a slice and didn't like it that it was fine and no one's feelings would be hurt. Maybe it was the gravy, but none went to waste.

We polished off the last of my husband's birthday cake for dessert with a little ice cream. Everyone was a huge fan of the cake with bubblegum icing and it was just the Hodgeson's box mix. I love that stuff and it's always the cheapest mix at the store.

Crunchy oat chicken (curry, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, oats, tapioca flour, salt and pepper coated thighs)

bake beets with olive oil, garlic and rosemary

rice pilaf

I am reintroducing oats. I would like to see if I can tolerate them...

Crunchy oat chicken sounds very good. How did it turn out?

I have a turkey in the oven. My house smells wonderful!

Stuffing, gravy, smashed potatoes, corn and broccoli.

Sounds great but with my brain fog I am sure I would forget a few ingredients!

I made Salisbury steak with onion and mushroom gravy, rice and cauliflower and carrots.

Do you make your gravy from scratch or do you have one you buy? Thought I might give this a try, never made Salisbury steak before though :)

Finger foods:

Buffalo Chicken Wings

Barbecue Seasoning Rubbed Potato Wedges (think ancho chile, brown sugar, salt, garlic, onion, etc.)

Baja Slaw (not exactly a finger food...)

Do you make your gravy from scratch or do you have one you buy? Thought I might give this a try, never made Salisbury steak before though :)

I make my own..I use Better Than Bouillon beef , add it to the pan the meat was cooked in. add water and some garlic, some onion powder and thicken with cornstarch. Scrape all the goodness off the bottom of the pan, add your meat back with your sauteed onions and mushrooms. Season if you like.

Baked potatoes in tomato and onion sauce. With loads of oregano.

Crunchy oat chicken sounds very good. How did it turn out?

I have a turkey in the oven. My house smells wonderful!

Stuffing, gravy, smashed potatoes, corn and broccoli.

Yum Turkey!!!

The crunchy oat chicken turned out absolutly delicious! I made a giant pack of thighs and there were no leftovers...I've been making these for 20 years, with the last 2.5 years being modified gluten free. Next time I make them, I'm going to use crushed rice or corn chex instead of tapioca flour, even though they turned out great, I think I can do better. The original recipe called for bread crumbs.

My oat challenge went well. I can add it back to my diet!! Whooooo Hoooooooooo

Namaste chocolate cake with homemade chocolate icing.........MMMMMMMMM.

I might have some leftover roast from last night as well.............

Yay for good news :3

I had some ground serloin with salt pepper and a couple of spoonfuls of brown sugar (as an experiment). Holy crud did it turn out good. It kind of carmalized it and had a... dare i say it almost smokey flavor. It reminded me of my old favorite (now forbidden) bbq sauce.

With this i had a side of frozen mixed veggies (broccoli, carrots, zuccini (both colors) and coliflower).

Leftover turkey dinner. :P

Spice-Rubbed Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Spicy Pepper Glaze

Creamy Polenta

Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Smoked Ham and Roasted Almonds in a Butter Sauce

i *love* shaved brussels sprouts :) i make them with prosciutto and shallots - and serve them to people who *hate* brussels sprouts. ("what ARE these; they're so delicious" lolol) sure beats the old Boil Them Til They're Dead method of cooking them - no wonder people hate them... :D

Namaste chocolate cake with homemade chocolate icing.........MMMMMMMMM.

I might have some leftover roast from last night as well.............

is namaste the brand name? chooocolllattte caaaaaakkkke..........

or more importantly:

DID SOMEBODY SAY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES???????

dang. i better check my calendar....

is namaste the brand name? chooocolllattte caaaaaakkkke..........

or more importantly:

DID SOMEBODY SAY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES???????

dang. i better check my calendar....

Namaste brand gluten free chocolate cake mix~the food of the Gods!!!! NOM NOM NOM NOM.....Best and only cake mix I will ever use. I've tried many many cake mixes that were horrible. I use to think Betty Crocker's gluten-free cake mix was good, until I tried Namaste!! I made my own gluten-free chocolate butter cream frosting. Both cake and frosting were gluten-free and dairy free.

Crock pot Thai pepper pork in a peanut sauce. This was delicious!!!!

i cheated and had a bowl of chex.... was not up for cooking today.

I wanted to cheat today, I had so much going on. But... with the husband working he expects an actual dinner with the whole cooking thing involved.

I semi-cheated. I just pan fried a steak, mashed up the two leftover baked potatoes from Monday and popped open a can of green beans. So pretty much I didn't really cook at all. Throwing a steak in a pan and flipping it once hardly counts as cooking. :lol:

I wanted to cheat today, I had so much going on. But... with the husband working he expects an actual dinner with the whole cooking thing involved.

I semi-cheated. I just pan fried a steak, mashed up the two leftover baked potatoes from Monday and popped open a can of green beans. So pretty much I didn't really cook at all. Throwing a steak in a pan and flipping it once hardly counts as cooking. :lol:

that sounds good (sans the green beans). The only reason i didn't cook was because we have a lot of smoke in the area do to wildfires several states over and my eyes are going mad. -sigh-

Made an early dinner of mac and cheese.

Yes, i know i'm bad no veggies but dangit it sounded good :)