Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat
3 3

9,867 posts in this topic

I had... Pizza!!111!!1Onety-one.

Not sure what this is. ...Onety one? is this a brand name?

Glad you enjoyed!

Ads by Google:

Those sherried mushrooms are just ridiculously good aren't they?

(I just pictured Shroomie with a glass of sherry in her hand...but I digress. Must be ba-con head)

So happy to see you "home" and sharing your drool -worthy menu once more..

Those darned mushrooms are addictive they are so good. Maybe I should sautee some bacon first, candy it and sprinkle on top. Mmmmm....

Thanks for the welcome "home"! Am happy to be cooking lots again, though I did that while on vacation, too. A day without cooking is incomplete.

Not sure what this is. ...Onety one? is this a brand name?

Glad you enjoyed!

It's kind of a joke I saw once: a person asked why eleven isn't called onety-one... Also "!!11!1!" usually means excitement so there you have internet inside jokes 101.

It's kind of a joke I saw once: a person asked why eleven isn't called onety-one... Also "!!11!1!" usually means excitement so there you have internet inside jokes 101.

I see, well.....

I have heard 11 called "1 teen. "

and

I get the !!11!1! as Excitement!!!111!! :D I am not that "old" haha!

Glad you enjoyed!!

.(even tho karen says I am an old fogey--I get it)

A day without cooking is incomplete.

a day without cooking...is a long, uneventful, non-creative, and hungry day, IMHO

i have to wait for my laundry to finish before i fix my dinner :( about twenty minutes <_< but still... when you're hungery....

Dinner tonight is stew- bulk chicken sausage, white potatoes, mushed sweet potato and butternut

squash, onions, leeks, broccoli. Liberally seasoned with curry & oregano& basil & cayenne pepper.

Will be ready in about ten minutes- we'll see how it turned out! (wanted to add peas but am apparently

out.... grr....)

Bison steak with sauteed garlic, onions, portabellas and swiss chard

This primal life is not so bad. :)

Still constantly bloated and now, turns out I get constipated as well. Thinking of going grain free...

So meat with potatoes and carrots plus guava juice it is.

I had fried potatoes with rosemary and paprika and smoked sausage and green beans. Now I am having peanut butter cookies with carob chips.

Too tired to cook, barely functioning since coming off my steroids. Just threw a roast in the oven with some taters and baby carrots. I figure for 10 minutes worth of effort I'll have dinner, lunch and dinner again if I can find the effort to use the microwave and wash some dishes. Everything is accompanied with some ginger ale and bitters to be able to keep it where it belongs.

I picked up some juice when I picked up my ginger ale today. I actually opened my passion fruit juice before my guava juice though. Good stuff!

Tonight we are having chicken and bacon over garlic parmesan grits :)

I'm tired, so I'm having a baked potato with cheese/bacon and BUTTER :D

Chicken breast and sautéed onions, along with peppermint tea.

I consider this a very good day because I didn't end it bloated. But I ate so little...

BBQ pork chops, mashed potatoes and corn for dinner tonight.

Oven beef stew. Assemble, stir, bring to a boil, then in the oven for 3 hours. Perfect!

and easy :)

Can someone cook for me? :lol:

I was going down some stairs and felt it pop and pain soon followed... so yeah... no cooking for me tonight. I'll scounge up something i guess.

White potatoes & broccoli over chicken parm-yum!

Vegetarian stir fry with cellophane noodles and Thai sauce

Frozen grapes

Last night was BBQ chicken, seasoned rice and fried cabbage.

Homemade mac and cheese, spinach with olive oil and garlic.

Baked potatoes and boiled chicken,

Pork burgers with sage and grilled pineapple and maybe some carmelized onion. Sweet potatoes and broccoli.

Oh oh, and I forgot to add: a chocolate smoothie. Only whole cocoa powder, a banana, ice cubes and brown sugar.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• When it's that high, it almost always means Celiac.  Sure, you can have Crohns, too.  Just like you can have Celiac and diabetes, the common cold or a hang nail.  I wouldn't jump to Chrohns.  I don't think the tTg really has anything to do with Chrohns?  Where did you see that?  Sometimes, a slightly elevate tTg can be elevated from other issues, but >100 is not a " slightly elevated" reading
    • Hi! I'm new here, and I'm looking for some information because I'm having a hard time finding it.  Over Labor Day weekend I got some kind of intestinal bug. I didn't think much of it until the D persisted once a day up til now. I tried a priobiotic but that didn't help much. I have bad anxiety and began to think that I was just anxious and stressed. No fever, no pain, all bloodwork is normal, so no infection or anemia. My mother has 5 siblings and 3 have celiac. One other one had a high result on a blood test but was never officially diagnosed and insists she doesn't have it. So I went to my local health fair and got the ttg-iga test, just in case. My result came back at >100. So I have called and scheduled a visit with a GI for next week. Aside from the recent intestinal issues I have never thought that I had any signs of celiac. I do have dermatographism and have had that since I was 20 (I am 28). I have severe anxiety. I had PUPPPS when I was pregnant with my daughter and it was miserable. It looks much like the skin rashes that celiacs have. Again, didn't think much of it. Because of my anxiety I am terrified that this high blood test is from something else, like crohn's. I don't have diabetes, my liver and thyroid numbers are fine. I think it's much more plausible that this is celiac because of my family history. But my anxiety says "what if it's crohns?" Does anyone have any insight? Is it true that the ttg iga can be elevated from crohns and not celiac? Is >100 pretty definitive of celiac? I didn't know if crohns was the cause if the number would be this high.  I'm just freaked out. 
    • This does say it is for NCGS....so not  for Celiacs.  There is a drug being developed that may actually break down the gluten in the stomach before it hits the intestines.  However, that is still in clinical trials.
    • could be from your neck, or it is, literally, in your head. perhaps a scan is needed.
    • The anxiety thing is there I take teas, and supplements along with CBD oil to help with it, and long walks and exercise when I get antsy. As for the human interaction it is a mix of other mental issues, and the way I feel about people who can eat gluten. If they are not eating I have no issue talking with people. I mentioned I have issues accepting them as the same species when I see them eating. My reaction to gluten is so ingrained in me that it is not a food but a poison, that watching others eat it causes a subconscious reaction where I find myself avoiding them and looking down on them like something from another planet. I end up disgusted with them and walking away, I will go out of my way to avoid people and places where foods like this are present. This is my TRAUMA part of the gluten exposure, and one of the big things I am trying to address in my life right now. I know it is irrational to do so but I end up doing it, I have never cared about others race, religion, or looks, but if I see them eating a gluten/poison, it somehow changes how I perceive them and interact with them and I hate this part about me. It is taking a lot of mental effort to try to smile and treat them as a human, and not something to be looked down upon in disgust. I just recall that mental state that gluten puts me in with my mind and body turning against me and not doing what I will it and the fear comes back. This diet is pretty much like mine, I take Doctors best Magnesium powder in a tea that is actually brewed with st johns wort (never thought much of it) , I use Liquid Health Stress & Energy along with the Neurologic Support they have, twice-three times a day for B vitamins(along with a bunch of other supplements) . I can not digest meats or carbs well, meats it is a issue with breaking them down same with egg yolks, I literally just burp up the undigested meats hours later. I have found the only way to eat them is to boil/slow cook them til they melt then blend them into a broth and have it with digestive enzymes so only do it with turkey bacon, longhorn, and salmon in small amounts in soups or for flavoring stock for stir frys.  As for Carbs like rice and potatoes I end up getting really gassy and bloated, same with sugars in any amount greater then like the size of my thumb give or take. Oats I only have gluten-free Harvest in about a tbsp amount when tasting recipes of stuff I sell at farmers markets. So I eat mostly fats and protein from egg whites, nuts, seeds, veggies, and vegan protein powders blends balanced for complete proteins. I have at least 1-2 dried fig, dates, handful of banana chips, or a 1/4 of a small fruit with meals for fruits.  My meals are mostly egg white and veggie omelettes, stir frys, and soups, Always with lots of fats and proteins in each meal. I have found having nutritional yeast to help with my mood and energy levels also and find someway of having it in meals often. I keep my foods on rotation and keep getting updated feed back on ratios with my dietician. I also have a rather odd list of foods I can not eat due to allergies/intolerance.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Fbmb