This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

shadowicewolf Proficient

mac and cheese with bunches of veggies is planned for dinner :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

sa1937 Community Regular

When we have that gluten-free compound, this girl does not plan to shovel at all!!! We can all chip in and pay someone else to do it!!! :D

Last night I made pizza using Bette Hagman's crust recipe and my new USA pizza pan. Great investment as like all other USA Pans, I did not even have to oil or spray the pan and the pizza slid right off. I previously was lining a different pizza pan with nonstick aluminum foil so this new one is a godsend.

IrishHeart Veteran

When we have that gluten-free compound, this girl does not plan to shovel at all!!! We can all chip in and pay someone else to do it!!! :D

Last night I made pizza using Bette Hagman's crust recipe and my new USA pizza pan. Great investment as like all other USA Pans, I did not even have to oil or spray the pan and the pizza slid right off. I previously was lining a different pizza pan with nonstick aluminum foil so this new one is a godsend.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my USA Pullman pan.

Bette Hagman's Four Flour bread recipe grew 5 inches tall (Sylvia will testify)

We're having "encores" tonight--that bison meatloaf was awesome and it made a LOT.

kareng Grand Master

My hub would like to drive a tractor and plow the drive. When we were inColorado a few weeks ago, we looked at the real estate listings. There was a nice house with a nice second little house. The second house had the most gorgeous kitchen. Just need to a find a property with a few more houses on it. How many do I need?

Love my USA pans, too!

sa1937 Community Regular

LOVE LOVE LOVE my USA Pullman pan.

Bette Hagman's Four Flour bread recipe grew 5 inches tall (Sylvia will testify)

We're having "encores" tonight--that bison meatloaf was awesome and it made a LOT.

I also baked a loaf of that bread that was 5" tall...and it had to be crammed sideways into my toaster.

I don't have "encores"...mine are strictly "leftovers". :lol:

sa1937 Community Regular

My hub would like to drive a tractor and plow the drive. When we were inColorado a few weeks ago, we looked at the real estate listings. There was a nice house with a nice second little house. The second house had the most gorgeous kitchen. Just need to a find a property with a few more houses on it. How many do I need?

Love my USA pans, too!

Good of you to volunteering you hub! LOL We can give L2T the house with the gorgeous kitchen as she'll be doing the cooking. We'll probably need a lot of houses...maybe we should buy a development.

Speaking of USA Pans, I also bought the hamburger bun pan, which I should try out soon. I have found out when baking muffins that I don't need to use liners or oil/spray the pan and they come right out. I'm going to make a batch of pumpkin muffins today with Hershey's cinnamon chips. OMG! Are they good!!!

IrishHeart Veteran

Love my USA pans, too!

Get one for me!. I'll be there 6 months out of the year. The rest of the time...I'm on a beach.

and yup, the toast needs to "flipped " at least once to get it all toasted :D but at least it does not take 22 minutes--remember that time LOVEY CLOCKED the gluten-free toast time??.....hysterical.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

I'm going to make a batch of pumpkin muffins today with Hershey's cinnamon chips. OMG! Are they good!!!

hey, chubster, OINK!.....you just made a batch of those....they are gone already??! (and don't even try and pretend Maggie the dog ate them.....)

sa1937 Community Regular

hey, chubster, OINK!.....you just made a batch of those....they are gone already??! (and don't even try and pretend Maggie the dog ate them.....)

I only got 9 muffins out of that batch and still have two left but want to bring some for friends tomorrow especially since one picked up a couple more bags of cinnamon chips for me. :-) Oink! Nope...Maggie has never tasted them and she's a chubster, too!

/s/ Chubster

kareng Grand Master

Good of you to volunteering you hub! LOL We can give L2T the house with the gorgeous kitchen as she'll be doing the cooking. We'll probably need a lot of houses...maybe we should buy a development.

Speaking of USA Pans, I also bought the hamburger bun pan, which I should try out soon. I have found out when baking muffins that I don't need to use liners or oil/spray the pan and they come right out. I'm going to make a batch of pumpkin muffins today with Hershey's cinnamon chips. OMG! Are they good!!!

My sis wanted to make those gluten-free for me. I told her not to bother. She said she wanted new muffin pans! She wanted to bring them for Thanksgiving to give my mom something to take home. I told her just to make gluten ones and leave a few for my boys.

Have you seen that new TV show "New neighbors"? The aliens crashed on earth and bought a whole townhouse development on a golf course. We could try that.

IrishHeart Veteran

I only got 9 muffins out of that batch and still have two left but want to bring some for friends tomorrow especially since one picked up a couple more bags of cinnamon chips for me. :-) Oink! Nope...Maggie has never tasted them and she's a chubster, too!

/s/ Chubster

Sharing with the gang tomorrow (wink wink) ---mm hmm.....sure you are. That's what you say

/s/ your pal, Fatso McLard Butt

IrishHeart Veteran

Have you seen that new TV show "New neighbors"? The aliens crashed on earth and bought a whole townhouse development on a golf course. We could try that.

Now you're talking....That's my kind of neighborhood..... Larry Bird and Jackie Joyner Kersey hahahaha

I wanna drive a golf cart and bring DINNER to everyone.....after Love2 has made it, of course....

Persei V. Enthusiast

I'll try to bake a three ingredients bread loaf whose recipe I just made up. If it doesn't work out, I will eat bean soup! I never liked beans but after going grain-free I adjusted my taste to actually enjoy eating them.

IrishHeart Veteran

I'll try to bake a three ingredients bread loaf whose recipe I just made up. If it doesn't work out, I will eat bean soup! I never liked beans but after going grain-free I adjusted my taste to actually enjoy eating them.

Not sure what kind of grain free bread you like, hon, but Elana Amsterdam has a few recipes here.

http://www.elanaspantry.com/gluten-free-recipes/breads/

Persei V. Enthusiast

Not sure what kind of grain free bread you like, hon, but Elana Amsterdam has a few recipes here.

http://www.elanaspan...recipes/breads/

Yes, I based my recipe from the "Simple Bread" of this site... Only that I can't use baking powder or baking soda -- so there's a neat trick with the eggs that eliminates the need for them. And I also don't have agave nectar, so I'm just cutting it out to see how it tastes like.

So the ingredients are eggs, almond flour and salt. Wonder how that will turn out.

Adalaide Mentor

I bought that Holiday Issue so did you like the cornbread pudding?

Good stuff! I baked up a batch of Bob's cornbread while I got the turkey ready and just crumbled up about half of it to use. My husband wouldn't touch it, I wasn't surprised and frankly that is fine by me. I'll probably freeze the rest of the cornbread for Christmas so I don't have to make more.

I wanted to do that maple whatever turkey with the rub and the maple vinegar glaze. It looked SO GOOD! He wrinkled his nose at that idea. <_< Lots of fun recipes though and a lot of good information in there on stubbing stuff and just plain good cooking advice. I may just get myself a subscription for a year, it would cost half as much as picking up 6 issues.

Oh, and the LAST issue had a recipe for red velvet cheesecake. So I have to contact them to get a copy. I'll sell my soul for that recipe, I don't care what I have to do. I will have that for my birthday.

IrishHeart Veteran

Yes, I based my recipe from the "Simple Bread" of this site... Only that I can't use baking powder or baking soda -- so there's a neat trick with the eggs that eliminates the need for them. And I also don't have agave nectar, so I'm just cutting it out to see how it tastes like.

So the ingredients are eggs, almond flour and salt. Wonder how that will turn out.

Hope it works out. I'm pretty sure you will need the baking soda and the vinegar..

It's the acid and baking soda base that creates leavening for a baked good, so it rises (in the absence of yeast).

If you do not have agave, sub maple syrup.

IrishHeart Veteran

Oh, and the LAST issue had a recipe for red velvet cheesecake. So I have to contact them to get a copy. I'll sell my soul for that recipe, I don't care what I have to do. I will have that for my birthday.

Which issue was it in? I'll search for it. I have a subscription. But then, I'll own your soul. :D

Persei V. Enthusiast

Hope it works out. I'm pretty sure you will need the baking soda and the vinegar..

It's the acid and baking soda base that creates leavening for a baked good, so it rises (in the absence of yeast).

If you do not have agave, sub maple syrup.

Beating the egg-whites until they are meringue-like and adding them for last makes the dough rise just as baking powder does. I do that in all my cakes now... I'm just wondering about the taste.

Adalaide Mentor

As far as I know, it was the most recent issue before the holiday one. It was near the back. I was flipping looking at someone's copy somewhere and swore I'd get my hands on that recipe. Now... to learn to make cream cheese.

And good luck collecting. I traded my soul for a cookie in second grade, seriously. You'll have to track down whoever has it by now and take it from them.

love2travel Mentor

Thanks for the house with the gorgeous kitchen! Who wants to tackle this building project? Are we going to become a commune of our own?

Those muffins sound delicious! :)

love2travel Mentor

Get one for me!. I'll be there 6 months out of the year. The rest of the time...I'm on a beach.

and yup, the toast needs to "flipped " at least once to get it all toasted :Dbut at least it does not take 22 minutes--remember that time LOVEY CLOCKED the gluten-free toast time??.....hysterical.

That was rather humorous, wasn't it? I believe it was either 18 or 22 minutes. I washed AND dried the dishes while that stupid bread was toasting. And then probably did the laundry and got the groceries. Or maybe not... :D

love2travel Mentor

When I start my gluten-free compound/settlement Lovie has to come cook for us! Probably give her the main house cause it will have the best kitchen.

Can't say what I'm having. :ph34r: Irish told me I can't say left-overs or a meal with less than 3 ingredients. :P

I will gladly come and cook for you. It is in my blood. A day without cooking to me is sheer madness. It stresses me when I cannot cook. And thanks for your generosity with offering me the main house. Can I plan the kitchen? What is my budget? :P

love2travel Mentor

Lovie will most def be our "chef" and we will give her whatever she needs. (I can help)

Sylvia will shovel the snow (that's a given--she promised) and I can't (whine whine--my arms. my shoulders)

And let us be clear...I said we call it "encores".

uh un!....I never said a meal "should be less than 3 ingredients"....show me where I said that? :P proof, I want proof. Cuz, baby I use more than that.

Irish, you and I would make a great cooking team, wouldn't we? We'd scope out all the unusual cool ingredients at the specialty shops and markets (making sure they are good and expensive) and cook our little hearts out.

Meals less than 3 ingredients? Heck, I know very well that both you and I can use up to 30 ingredients in a dish, let alone a meal. Bring on the complex, difficult, challenging and downright nearly impossible and we will DO IT! :D

IrishHeart Veteran

As far as I know, it was the most recent issue before the holiday one. It was near the back. I was flipping looking at someone's copy somewhere and swore I'd get my hands on that recipe. Now... to learn to make cream cheese.

And good luck collecting. I traded my soul for a cookie in second grade, seriously. You'll have to track down whoever has it by now and take it from them.

the current one is Dec/Jan and has cookies on the front

Do you mean

Oct/Nov (That was the Thanksgiving Hoilday Issue)

or Aug/Sept.

I can download it and email it you (PDF)

I searched the magazine's site for you. There is no red velvet cheesecake recipe coming up.