Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat
3 3

9,867 posts in this topic

New York strips, smothered in onions, on toast. Smashed potatoes. Wine.

Ads by Google:

. Smashed potatoes.

:D This is what my sibs and I always called them...smashed.

Pork tenderloin with roasted shallots and a pinot noir sauce.

Glazed baby carrots

Homemade applesauce for the hubs.

Supposed to be in the 50s and 60s this week in the Great Northeast..I'll believe it when I see it.

Yesterday, it was so cold...(19) even the cat balking at going out. :unsure: and she never does that.....

Miso-Glazed Blue Cod en Papillote

Carrot Puree with BACON Jam

Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Caper Vinaigrette

........I have got to stop reading these posts when I am hungry....now, my dinner cooking out there in the kitchen ....sounds like "meh". :lol:

Did you guys see "When Harry Met Sally"--

-I'll have what she's having!!!

Scrambled eggs with cheese and green onion and spicy salsa on the side with Bannock and apple jelly.

Glazed baby carrots

Supposed to be in the 50s and 60s this week in the Great Northeast..I'll believe it when I see it.

Yesterday, it was so cold...(19) even the cat balking at going out. :unsure: and she never does that.....

It's been January cold here too but today was very warm with rain all day. And dark :angry:

........I have got to stop reading these posts when I am hungry....now, my dinner cooking out there in the kitchen ....sounds like "meh". :lol:

Did you guys see "When Harry Met Sally"--

-I'll have what she's having!!!

IH, your meal isn't exactly bland or hideous, either! :P

IH, your meal isn't exactly bland or hideous, either! :P

granted, it is neither bland nor hideous, but I'd just RATHER have what YOU'RE having tonight. Hubs is no fish fan, and so, I only have it once and a while...by myself.... (or with friends who will help me eat it )

:)

granted, it is neither bland nor hideous, but I'd just RATHER have what YOU'RE having tonight. Hubs is no fish fan, and so, I only have it once and a while...by myself.... (or with friends who will help me eat it )

:)

I would gladly come on over for fish with you any day! Since our trips overseas my husband has fallen in love with fish in a big way which makes me a happy girl. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fish (done properly).

I haven't had fish in a long time. I'd gladly eat it with ya :)

BACON Jam

Instruction please :D

Fish fans here...hubby loves to see everyone eat his prize catches -- was nice when our boys started enjoying it rather than just saying they did to make Dad happy ;)

Guess I forgot to post last night -- yellowtail & steamed broccoli plus herb rice for men.

Tonight is Pork Chops, Glazed Carrots (no I didn't copy IH) and smashed potatoes (the smashed was copied) for men -- butternut squash fries for me.

Butterscotch pie.....oh wow!!....(drooling...) I LOVE butterscotch.

We are having "encores".. of the bison stuffed peppers tonight. But getting no complaints, so that's good. :D

We also had a big lunch--something called a "Breakfast Scramble"

It involves eggs, cheese, sauteed peppers, onions, mushrooms, home fries, and......wait for it........bacon!

My friend who owns the gluten-free cafe created it...and I replicate it (as best I can) and the hubs...loves it.

I think it is just a way to use anything in the fridge. I made it into a frittata,

The Boy Scouts call that " garbage bowl" breakfast.

Glazed baby carrots

70 today! We had grilled chicken with hit wing sauce for the guys, BBQ sauce for me, red skin potatoes in olive oil foil packets and carrot sticks.

K...bbq sounds great -- might want to redo tomorrow -- is the weather we had up north headed there?

added a new chocolate mint wafer cookie to the almond arsenal -- fine tuning then I'll share - yummy, but can be improved :)

Made some pork chops using Red Mill pancake mix as flour so I would have some coating for frying them, and a good helping of baked beans.

Digging out from another snowstorm. ARGH!!! :angry:

But I get to cook which makes me happy. :D

Tonight we are going to Thailand:

Yum Woon Sen (Spicy Glass Noodles with Crispy Pork)

Thai Marinated Cucumbers

Am also making chile oil today. :) That ought to heat things up a bit!

Instruction please :D

Why, certainly! You absolutely MUST make this.

http://leitesculinaria.com/82690/recipes-bacon-jam.html

Holy Toledo that sounds amazing!!!

Oh my yes. You'd better triple the batch! I found myself eating bacon jam straight from the jar last week. It somehow managed to leap into my mouth. I couldn't help it. :rolleyes:

Oh my yes. You'd better triple the batch! I found myself eating bacon jam straight from the jar last week. It somehow managed to leap into my mouth. I couldn't help it. :rolleyes:

:lol: I can easily see how that could happen!

http://leitesculinar...-bacon-jam.html

Did you use balsamic or cider vinegar?

This will add nicely to my collection of Christmas gift giveaways.

Did you use balsamic or cider vinegar?

This will add nicely to my collection of Christmas gift giveaways.

Balsamic but next time want to try cider. I've made other recipes before, too, but this is the simplest.

http://leitesculinaria.com/82690/recipes-bacon-jam.html

Triple batch sounds like a splendid idea - throw a ribbon on top and it becomes a great gift for all my bacon lovers - haven't even made it and I already know we'll need separate jars for each of my men or arguments will ensue.

Thanks L2T!

http://leitesculinar...-bacon-jam.html

It says you can do it in the crockpot! You know I love my crockpot!

Triple batch sounds like a splendid idea - throw a ribbon on top and it becomes a great gift for all my bacon lovers - haven't even made it and I already know we'll need separate jars for each of my men or arguments will ensue.

Thanks L2T!

Exactly. I've tasted worse things, that is for certain. ;)

It says you can do it in the crockpot! You know I love my crockpot!

Indeed I do recall how much you love your good ol' CP! If you try it let us know - I'm curious what you would think about it.