This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

mushroom Proficient

Which two? You've piqued my interest.

Well, there are many things of which we have two :rolleyes: Now we need to know the answer to your question, if it's noteworthy that K has two of them :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

kareng Grand Master

Which two? You've piqued my interest.

Sumac and chiles in adobo.

ButterflyChaser Enthusiast

Oh, gee, now I have to look for sumac... Except that I have filled my spice counter, and it's either another jar of spices, or my roommate, and spices don't pay rent, so... Does anyone here know where I can find piri piri in the US? I have been searching high and low, with no success. It also took me a while to find tandoori spices :o

Dinner is grapefruit, mixed greens, and ginger tea: I have been eating chocolate all day because I still have a gazillion essays to grade...

Did anyone here suddenly crave sugars after the gluten-free diet? Like, unnaturally craving sugar?

jerseyangel Proficient

Ended up making Ginny's recipe--with basmati rice. It had bacon plus I had all of the ingredients on hand.

Delish!

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I think they will be keeping us warm. ;)

https://www.dropbox.... 3 00 51 PM.webp

He kinda looks mean. How bout this one? :D

http://www.google.co...9,r:0,s:0,i:156

(Don't look at the ears!)

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Well Bunnie, I can tell you for sure we wont be fighting over the boys - those 2 are yours ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

It had bacon plus I had all of the ingredients on hand.

Delish!

:) can never go wrong with bacon.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Well Bunnie, I can tell you for sure we wont be fighting over the boys - those 2 are yours ;)

How bout this one? ;)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0855039/

Hmmm, bit closer. Is Mr Clooney to old to do the job? Mr Depp?

IrishHeart Veteran

Hmmm, bit closer. Is Mr Clooney to old to do the job? Mr Depp?

Not too old for me. Just right.

MW, Shroom, LOVE2,... anyone....have any of you guys ever made Lamingtons?

I am thinking if I could make a tasty G F sponge cake, they would be something fun and different for Christmas.

Dinner tonight:

George Clooney

ok, focus Irish

Antipasto (using up some proscuitto, various cheeses, marinated peppers, spiced olives, marinated artichokes, etc from last weekend's dinner party)

kareng Grand Master

MW, Shroom, LOVE2,... anyone....have any of you guys ever made Lambingtons?

Wasn't that a puppet with a TV show when we were kids?

kareng Grand Master
IrishHeart Veteran

Wasn't that a puppet with a TV show when we were kids?

:lol: :lol:

:lol:

you're a riot, Alice. Bang zoom.

Hey guys, when making RBJ, or rather when storing, does it have to stay in the fridge? I'm assuming

so, and also, how long does it keep? I want to know how far in advance I can make it!

kareng Grand Master

Hey guys, when making RBJ, or rather when storing, does it have to stay in the fridge? I'm assuming

so, and also, how long does it keep? I want to know how far in advance I can make it!

I'm not sure any of these folks have kept it long enough to know. :)

Also, this particular cabana boy would be my personal favorite:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005245/

kareng Grand Master

Oh yeah!

Oh yeah!

Hahahaha! First time I saw him, I was like, 'How have I lived not knowing this?....'

Interesting. We may need to clone him.

IrishHeart Veteran

Bunz, Yes to the first question....and the recipe says "stores up to 4 weeks", but , I gave some away and we ate some (awesome on buttered toast, on burgers and bison meatloaf ....).and so, er, it may not make it....

http://leitesculinar...-bacon-jam.html

yowzers!! yes.. First saw him on Criminal minds years ago.

Adalaide Mentor

Bunz, Yes to the first question....and the recipe says "stores up to 4 weeks", but , I gave some away and we ate some (aweome on buttered toast, on burgers and bison meatloaf ....).and so, er, it may not make it....

http://leitesculinar...-bacon-jam.html

I haven't made any yet due to my whole not supposed to be eating bacon thing <_< but, how does someone find out that it would last 4 weeks? I mean, the idea that anyone remotely human with working taste buds could make it last even half that long is beyond my comprehension.

love2travel Mentor

Oh, gew I have to look for sumac... Except that I have filled my spice counter, and it's either another jar of spices, or my roommate, and spices don't pay rent, so... Does anyone here know where I can find piri piri in the US? I have been searching high and low, with no success. It also took me a while to find tandoori spices :o

Dinner is grapefruit, mixed greens, and ginger tea: I have been eating chocolate all day because I still have a gazillion essays to grade...

Did anyone here suddenly crave sugars after the gluten-free diet? Like, unnaturally craving sugar?

I buy sumac at a middle Eastern store. Adore it. Make my own blends but McCormick's just came out with piri piri.

kareng Grand Master

We have Penzys spice shop & I think they have sumac in a small jar for the same price I got a big bag from the Halal meat store. If you have a Muslim community, you might have a store like that. We have a Persian restaurant and they said they would sell me some. Be careful, some packages of sumac have salt added which you don't want. You can add your own salt.

love2travel Mentor

My boy of choice is Colin Firth. I saw him first! :wub:

kareng Grand Master

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/sunnys-bacon-bark/

Bacon Bark! Sounds like what my dog would do to get some bacon but looks interesting. Not sure what Hungarian Paprika is or what could sub for it here. Have to go to Penzys this weekend, so may see if they have some.

We found an olive oil and vinegar store ( next to Penzys). You can taste the oils and vinegars. Try a bit of one oil with a vinegar to see how you like it. They have oils with blood orange in it! Yum! I got a toasted sesame oil and it is yummy! Seems to be the missing ingredient in my spicy peanut dressing!