This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

My boy of choice is Colin Firth. I saw him first! :wub:

I am ok with cloning him as well. :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

This is starting to shape up nicely. I am wondering if love2 has any tricks in the bag that might extend to cloning.

:) :) :)

Minced (ground?) Lamb, zucchini, mushrooms, tom puree, canned toms, garlic, sage, rosemary, oregano, black pepper. Cooked in 10 mins, served with grated mature cheddar.

It was a chuck it in thing, but really tasty :)

IrishHeart Veteran

I haven't made any yet due to my whole not supposed to be eating bacon thing <_< but, how does someone find out that it would last 4 weeks? I mean, the idea that anyone remotely human with working taste buds could make it last even half that long is beyond my comprehension.

Restraint. (it comes with age and maturity..... :lol: yeah okay...I could not even pretend to be serious finishing that sentence .....)

My boy of choice is Colin Firth. I saw him first! :wub:

Dibs! He was just so sweet in "Love Actually"...proposing to her in broken Portuguese....

I am ok with cloning him as well. :rolleyes:

Ditto

This is starting to shape up nicely. I am wondering if love2 has any tricks in the bag that might extend to cloning.

:) :) :)

She can create everything else...why not?

sora Community Regular

Now you're getting there. :D

Dinner is breakfast, corned beef hash and eggs.

IrishHeart Veteran

http://www.rachaelra...nys-bacon-bark/

Bacon Bark! Sounds like what my dog would do to get some bacon but looks interesting. Not sure what Hungarian Paprika is or what could sub for it here. Have to go to Penzys this weekend, so may see if they have some.

We found an olive oil and vinegar store ( next to Penzys). You can taste the oils and vinegars. Try a bit of one oil with a vinegar to see how you like it. They have oils with blood orange in it! Yum! I got a toasted sesame oil and it is yummy! Seems to be the missing ingredient in my spicy peanut dressing!

Hungarian paprika is more pungent or sweet. Sometimes it is smoked. There are many kinds, but the "regular" paprika (which also comes from Hungary, or Spain or even South America) could be subbed if you cannot find it. (some chefs will disagree with that, I am sure)

Oils and vinegars--oh boy! My kind of shopping! ;)

hey, K--- get some Champagne vinegar while you're there and then, make this salad. Comes from my friend Babs, the chef and it is really yumsters::

Core pears and cut into slices, toss in some olive oil with brown sugar and cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg.

Roast @350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Top salad greens of your choice with pecans and crumbled gorgonzola, toss in dressing (below) and top with pears

1/2 TBLS. Vanilla Paste ---Mixed with 1 TBLS. Hot Water

1 1/2 TBLS. Honey (or to taste)

4 TBLS. Champagne Vinegar

1/2 TSP. Dried Tarragon

S & P To Taste

3/4 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Combine first 5 Ingredients & Slowly whisk in Oil until emulsified.

sora Community Regular

Not too old for me. Just right.

MW, Shroom, LOVE2,... anyone....have any of you guys ever made Lamingtons?

I am thinking if I could make a tasty G F sponge cake, they would be something fun and different for Christmas.

Dinner tonight:

George Clooney

ok, focus Irish

Antipasto (using up some proscuitto, various cheeses, marinated peppers, spiced olives, marinated artichokes, etc from last weekend's dinner party)

Now that's my kind of dinner. I must have some Italian blood somewhere.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Dumb question for those of you who have tasted the Bacon Jam. Would it be good on cornbread? The cakes kind? That's what they like the most of gluten-free rolls type things at my house.

love2travel Mentor

Dumb question for those of you who have tasted the Bacon Jam. Would it be good on cornbread? The cakes kind? That's what they like the most of gluten-free rolls type things at my house.

Oh, yeah, baby.

IrishHeart Veteran

Oh, yeah, baby.

....what she said! YUM

love2travel Mentor

Pulled muscles in my already extremely pained back. :( In bed. Not cooking. Husband is roasting some chicken and then will slather with my homemade barbecue sauce. Think he'll probably do baked potatoes and possibly peas or corn.

Am supposed to be making my family Christmas dinner Sunday!!!!!! Not at this rate... :angry:

IrishHeart Veteran

Pulled muscles in my already extremely pained back. :( In bed.

Oh sweetie! I am so sorry :( ....I do hope you feel better soon,

I literally " feel your pain" every day.

You know all the things I will (and have suggested) for this kind of injury

..ICE for a fresh muscle sprain,

then heat tomorrow, followed by a gentle massage to work it out,

if you can find someone to "cup" you, I highly recommend it.

but right now , if you can tolerate it, take a muscle relaxer. (you must have some flexeril?) I can't do them, but if I could...I would!

I am sending you all healing thoughts and good wishes.

Rest up and maybe someone else needs to be the cook this weekend.

xxoo IH

Wish I could help you out somehow.

jerseyangel Proficient

I hope you feel better soon, LTT :)

GottaSki Mentor

Oakland airport - under second delay - one of the few times I love that I always carry my own food is in airports and on planes. Tonight I had delicious salmon jerky - side note I figured out yummy marinade with my limited ingrediants - gala apple slices dipped in fresh roasted almond butter. Even had dessert "cocoa bliss" - little sqeeze packette I found at my favorite market in Santa Rosa :)

Y dont businessmen and women ever learn to carry food??? A

Dinner is done and I have an hour - think I'll go check out the airport winebar :)

mushroom Proficient
I figured out yummy marinade with my limited ingrediants

Oh, do tell!!! I think we are about the same :D

Hope you have a nonstop and don't have to go through LA or Vegas.

IrishHeart Veteran

Oakland airport - under second delay - one of the few times I love that I always carry my own food is in airports and on planes. Tonight I had delicious salmon jerky - side note I figured out yummy marinade with my limited ingrediants - gala apple slices dipped in fresh roasted almond butter. Even had dessert "cocoa bliss" - little sqeeze packette I found at my favorite market in Santa Rosa :)

Y dont businessmen and women ever learn to carry food??? A

Dinner is done and I have an hour - think I'll go check out the airport winebar :)

Clever girl. Hope you made it home by now.

GottaSki Mentor

Home safe and sound - record time once we boarded - two flights left oak wikthin minutes - we took off first but they beat us by 5 mins - me thinks the pilots had a side bet on fastest flight time from oak to san ;)

GottaSki Mentor

Ps to Neroli - will add marinade recIpe in the next few days :)

OMG there is a guy on TV here who is cooking a ham joint in a bacon crust.

I got distracted, but he marinated the bacon in treacle 4h, put the ham in a big pot in apple juice with star anise and clove. Then put the bacon on the ham and roast 15 to 20 mins. He served it with roast pumpkin.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

What is all this food chatter, pray tell? Do we not have more pressing concerns, like the

cabana boy roster? :D

IrishHeart Veteran

Andy-Garcia-4.webp

my idea of yum

IrishHeart Veteran

Dinner tonight:

Pizza (Bette Hagman's crust recipe is just delicious)

wash it with a garlic infused oil

Toms, 4 cheeses, carmelized shallots, sauteed arugula ... and yes, bacon

love2travel Mentor

Andy-Garcia-4.webp

my idea of yum

Oh. My. Me, too. It's a toss-up betwixt him and Colin Firth. Sigh...

love2travel Mentor

Dinner tonight:

Pizza (Bette Hagman's crust recipe is just delicious)

wash it with a garlic infused oil

Toms, 4 cheeses, carmelized shallots, sauteed arugula ... and yes, bacon

This sounds SOOOOOOO good. Can't wait to get up and going again so I can do some serious cooking! Soon...

alex11602 Collaborator

Pancakes and bacon for dinner tonight :)