This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

IrishHeart Veteran

ummmmm -- perhaps it is just me -- but that sounds like a pretty good deal :D

;) tom sawyer and painting the fence...

I need to try dairy free properly, hence I am trying to fit 30 days worth of cheese in by Monday. I love stilton and believe it is a reasonable ingredient for any meal.

oh boy, a cheese splurge! enjoy!

Stilton is delicious and I could see you putting it in just about anything, except maybe a smoothie. :unsure:

I'm back on the Whole 30 come Jan. 1. It's a bit radical, but it helps to "reset" and determine what foods may be giving you grief.

If you want, we can "buddy up" via PMs and if one of us cracks, well, we can be supportive---or say screw it, eat a bunch of cheese and crackers and drink wine and be miserable failures together. :D Sound like a plan?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Cool, cheese buddies it is. Oh no, maybe I missed the point... Sounds great, though I think I am starting 2nd . Maybe the whole 29. Can you tell I am not good with rules?

GottaSki Mentor

had to tell you all....

I rode my bike this morning for the first time in 9 months, 2 days and 1 hour -- rode with the sun rising and the moon setting -- 2013 is going to be an awesome year :)

Oh...we are having salmon and zu-noodles for dinner ;)

kareng Grand Master

Cool, cheese buddies it is. Oh no, maybe I missed the point... Sounds great, though I think I am starting 2nd . Maybe the whole 29. Can you tell I am not good with rules?

January has 31 days, so the 2 nd might be correct?

I will be posting about cheese laden dinners every day in January ( whether we are eating them or not!). smiley-evilgrin0011.gif

kareng Grand Master

had to tell you all....

I rode my bike this morning for the first time in 9 months, 2 days and 1 hour -- rode with the sun rising and the moon setting -- 2013 is going to be an awesome year :)

Do you just boil strips of zucchini like a pasta noodle? My SIL might like this. Maybe she should offer that in her " healthy" restaurant . She is diabetic and has to watch the carbs. She makes pizza with a cauliflower/ cheese crust.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

She makes pizza with a cauliflower/ cheese crust.

Is that good?? I've got the recipe but was kinda afraid to try it...

GottaSki Mentor

Do you just boil strips of zucchini like a pasta noodle? My SIL might like this. Maybe she should offer that in her " healthy" restaurant . She is diabetic and has to watch the carbs. She makes pizza with a cauliflower/ cheese crust.

don't even boil...Ive just been tossing with sauces (that are heated) and they wilt just enough to be kinda al dente - ish -- oh one serving yesterday I threw in a bowl with some chicken and pesto and nuked for about a minute just like you would to reheat leftovers

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Is that good?? I've got the recipe but was kinda afraid to try it...

She liked it and her teen son liked it. It isn't low cal because its still full of cheese in her recipe. I'm looking thru my recipes for a moz stick one I have misplaced. If I see that, I'll post it so you can see if its the same.

GottaSki Mentor

I make cauliflower "rice" and "fried rice" - all but one picky eater love it in our family

saw that cauliflower pizza recipe somewhere -- think I'm going to give it a try too

kareng Grand Master

don't even boil...Ive just been tossing with sauces (that are heated) and they wilt just enough to be kinda al dente - ish -- oh one serving yesterday I threw in a bowl with some chicken and pesto and nuked for about a minute just like you would to reheat leftovers

I would like that. I sometimes add some frozen zuc to stuff for me. I can "hide" it in a few recipes. In the crockpot, if you cut it small, it cooks to mush.

IrishHeart Veteran

okay, I see you are starting with the right attitude, there MW, already looking for ways to cheat (my kind of girl) ....But, it would still be 30, since there are 31 days in Jan. Can you tell I am very good at rationalizing cheating?

had to tell you all....

I am standing up and applauding you right now, Ski . I am over the moon happy for you because I know full well what this means to you.

And next summer, when I ride mine, you will cheer me too. Get some of those streamers that dangle from the hand grips

I zink that pozzibly the zu-noodles are making you zippy!

I will be posting about cheese laden dinners every day in January ( whether we are eating them or not!). smiley-evilgrin0011.gif

what the....? :o were you also the thin girl who ate boxes of Girl Scout cookies in front of the chubsters? tsk tsk

kareng Grand Master

My neighbor makes " mashed potatoes" with cauliflower & cheese. Her little grandson loves it and everyone eats it.

GottaSki Mentor

And next summer, when I ride mine, you will cheer me too. Get some of those streamers that dangle from the hand grips

I zink that pozzibly the zu-noodles are making you zippy!

I zink 'tis quite pozzible - and I am going to keep those zucs shredded and ready

I will be jumping up and down in full happy dance mode for each victory you acceive this year :)

I'll send you some pretty pink streamers -- this sporty chick would be laughed out of the bike stable at our house ;)

kareng Grand Master

Going to try to make a sour dough starter. Not the same one that was just posted on C.com . smiley-vault-character-199.gif

celiac-mommy Collaborator

My neighbor makes " mashed potatoes" with cauliflower & cheese. Her little grandson loves it and everyone eats it.

I do that too. It's pretty good, but really doesn't taste like potatoes to me. I can't fake myself into that one.

I think I'll make lasagna casserole tonight. 1 bowl, 5 min prep, done. Not in the mood to cook tonight :rolleyes:

kareng Grand Master
IrishHeart Veteran

Me too! :D

(and I gave one to someone as well)

Glad you forwarded that email to skiing Santa! I was wondering if he received it on the slopes. :)

kareng Grand Master

Carne Adovado that had been marinating in my fridge for 1 1/2 days and will now cook for 12 hours. Probably some hot water cornbread and rice with tomatoes cooked in it. Or maybe corn spoonbread? Haven't decided yet whether I want to fry (HW cornbread) or bake (spponbread).

Adalaide Mentor

Carne Adovado that had been marinating in my fridge for 1 1/2 days and will now cook for 12 hours. Probably some hot water cornbread and rice with tomatoes cooked in it. Or maybe corn spoonbread? Haven't decided yet whether I want to fry (HW cornbread) or bake (spponbread).

Having looked at pictures of both, and having quite an unhealthy affinity for fried foods, I vote frying. The pictures look divine! I didn't know such a thing exists, now I want some.

My plan was burgers on arepas. I'm sort of rethinking that now.

love2travel Mentor

Finger foods. I am making:

Buffalo wings

Deviled wings

Garlic bread with my homemade bread

Korean scallion pancakes with sweet and spicy dip

Roasted sweet potato fries with warmed spices

IrishHeart Veteran

Oh man, K---that sounds LUSCIOUS.....what time should I be there? I can make margaritas or sangria.

Finger foods. I am making:

Buffalo wings

Deviled wings

Garlic bread with my homemade bread

Korean scallion pancakes with sweet and spicy dip

Roasted sweet potato fries with warmed spices

Sounds like total party food to me. After Karen's we'll hit your place.

I was making

Veal marsala and Risotto Milanese and sauteed chard, but now, I am not so sure.

I want what you're all having. :D

Last night, I made "everything but the kitchen sink nachos"

(you know, refried beans, jalapenos, guac, olives, chicken, salsa, sour cream, etc ...anything I found in the fridge....goes on top)

Have to get in all my cheese consumption before Jan.2. :)

kareng Grand Master

Oh man, K---that sounds LUSCIOUS.....what time should I be there? I can make margaritas or sangria.

Sounds like total party food to me. After Karen's we'll hit your place.

I was making

Veal marsala and Risotto Milanese and sauteed chard, but now, I am not so sure.

I want what you're all having. :D

Last night, I made "everything but the kitchen sink nachos"

(you know, refried beans, jalapenos, guac, olives, chicken, salsa, sour cream, etc ...anything I found in the fridge....goes on top)

Have to get in all my cheese consumption before Jan.2. :)

Forgot to add- black beans cooking in the other crockpot with onions, garlic & bacon. Margaritas, please!

Everything but the kitchen sink nachos at our house - J made them at Thanksgiving - smoked turkey, moz, cheddar, bacon & salsa

CarolinaKip Community Regular

I have family coming in from out of state and we are all getting together tonight. They had the idea for a big mexican dinner. I'm making black bean and corn salsa, Crossing fingers. chicken enchiladas with a cheese, sour cream sauce with green chiles. I cannot have tomoato, so I'm getting creative.

kareng Grand Master

I have family coming in from out of state and we are all getting together tonight. They had the idea for a big mexican dinner. I'm making black bean and corn salsa, Crossing fingers. chicken enchiladas with a cheese, sour cream sauce with green chiles. I cannot have tomoato, so I'm getting creative.

And you could have some tomato salsa to pass for those who like it! But it sounds yummy to me.

Not sure how strictly you are not eating tomatoes, I like Pacific Spicy Black Bean Soup ( not spicy really) for enchilada sauce. It does have some tomato paste in it.

IrishHeart Veteran

Forgot to add- black beans cooking in the other crockpot with onions, garlic & bacon. Margaritas, please!

Everything but the kitchen sink nachos at our house - J made them at Thanksgiving - smoked turkey, moz, cheddar, bacon & salsa

Margaritas coming up!

I love that J used bacon on the nachos. cool idea! . I put bacon in some chicken quesadillas recently.yum.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE black beans. Did I ever share the black bean and turkey chili recipe on here? very good stuff.

CKip, I had to give up tomatoes --and all citrus ---for a year (that really sucked) and I found them hard to work around, and I hope you get them back someday.

I have Two suggestions for you:

(1) http://givemesomefoo...oes_we_don.html

and

(2)

Mango Pineapple Salsa

1 mango, diced small

1/2 pineapple, diced small

1/2 red onion, diced small

1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced

small bunch fresh chopped cilantro

juice of 1 lime

Mix together.

Good with corn chips, on grilled chicken or fish, too.

Have a wonderful family gathering!