This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

IrishHeart Veteran

Jammies it is.

Man, first I learn I weigh myself incorrectly,

then I learn I dress all wrong.

What's next?

DO NOT ANSWER THAT you WISE MONKEYS.....that was rhetorical!

I think SKILisa is calling it her " Holy crap, I'm awake! anniversary!" and it's cause for celebration (and I know she likes these emoticons) Have a wonderful celebration, Skidoodle.

champis2.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Just wondering if we should update and consider onesies for winter instead of muumus? I am having cheese for dinner. Maybe I should have something with it, but that would be adding unnecessary extra calories.

Adalaide Mentor

Just wondering if we should update and consider onesies for winter instead of muumus? I am having cheese for dinner. Maybe I should have something with it, but that would be adding unnecessary extra calories.

Have wine. If you drink enough you won't remember and if you don't remember the calories don't count!

IrishHeart Veteran

(snort) onesies.... and you are adorable! You're trying to to use up all that glorious Stilton, aren't you?!! Kudos!! (do NOT try to use it in a smoothie.. :lol: )

Have wine. If you drink enough you won't remember and if you don't remember the calories don't count!

What. She. Said.

drinking-wine-smiley-emoticon.gif

GottaSki Mentor

I think SKILisa is calling it her " Holy crap, I'm awake! anniversary!"

champis2.gif

Couldn't have said it better -- thanks guys.

CMw ---

I vote for very plush and cozy footsie jammies -- I have an adult sized pattern -- once we have the compound I will take orders in your choice of colors!

IrishHeart Veteran

I vote for very plush and cozy footsie jammies -- I have an adult sized pattern -- once we have the compound I will take orders in your choice of colors!

Jammies! Jammies! jammies! and Animal heat packs! heat packs! heat packs! oooh, and Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!!!!!!!

and Cute Cabana boys! cabana Boys! cabana boys!!! and WINE! WINE! WINE!

er,.....um.....how am I doing guys--is this chanting working??????

GottaSki Mentor

PS for Bunny - I like your taste in cabana boyz - I'll keep my eye out for the right candidates on the beaches - not a fan of the clone - but do think we can find a few to do your bidding.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Hahaha, I was wondering if I was the only Paul Newman fan in the crowd!

mushroom Proficient

No, no,no -- he's been a hottie for me all my life, practically. Those eyes..... :rolleyes: And as a teenager, James Dean.... B) (in all his inarticulateness).

IrishHeart Veteran

No, no,no -- he's been a hottie for me all my life, practically. Those eyes..... :rolleyes: And as a teenager, James Dean.... B) (in all his inarticulateness).

And sometimes painful overacting. When I showed Rebel Without a Cause in my Themes in American Film course, I had to stifle my laughter at the back of the room. He was awfully cute though. 'Tis a shame he died so young..

Bunz, I also loved Paul Newman! My guy has blue eyes like that, but there's a lot to be said for Robert Redford, too.

Happy New Year's Eve, Everyone! (well, actually Happy New Year, Shroom--you're already "there" aren't you? assuming you are still in NZ right now?)

Best Wishes for a Healthy, Happy and Adventure-filled New Year to all.

xxoo

GottaSki Mentor

I'll take one of each plus a Hugh Jackman ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

I'll take one of each plus a Hugh Jackman ;)

greedy girl. ;) I'm still sticking with Andy Garcia.

love2travel Mentor

:D yes....but this just brings this convo back to our original thought.

If we all just lived in our cottages in the gluten-free compound, we'd be able to graze from house to house every day.

Yes - I'm just picturing cattle and sheep grazing on Switzerland meadows. Not so bad!

love2travel Mentor

Tonight is British Pub fayre:

Cumberland Bangers with Mash (and my mash ain't no ordinary mash) and Caramelized Onion Sauce

Mushy Minted Peas

...and I'm working on something else. Not exactly sure what it will be yet. :rolleyes: And no, this is NOT code for something cabana-boy related, Irish! ^_^

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Happy New Year one and all :)

Looks like I get to look after cabana boy Depp....

IrishHeart Veteran

Holy smokes! We just got an invite to have dinner with the angel who runs the Gluten Free Restaurant near us--in their home. Tonight.

Think I said YES?? you betcha!!!!!.

I'm bringing dessert. I'm a nervous wreck....she's a champion baker.

This should be AWESOME!!!

IrishHeart Veteran

Tonight is British Pub fayre:

Cumberland Bangers with Mash (and my mash ain't no ordinary mash) and Caramelized Onion Sauce

Mushy Minted Peas

...and I'm working on something else. Not exactly sure what it will be yet. :rolleyes: And no, this is NOT code for something cabana-boy related, Irish! ^_^

methinks the lady doth protest too much?

Happy New Year one and all :)

Looks like I get to look after cabana boy Depp....

HNY MW...Don't ovedose on Depp and stilton and we have a date for Jan.2 xx

And SKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sweetheart...I got the PINK bike streamers! You're a doll. And I will display them proudly ..........on the bike at the gym

because the roads have 11 inches of snow right now. haha

Love you for being so thoughtful. Happy shushing tomorrow!! I am over the moon happy for you.

alex11602 Collaborator

Happy New Year everyone! I hope that everyone is blessed with good health and minimal worries.

Tonight we are heading to my mom's where we always have snacky type food. I made bacon stuffed mushrooms and chicken cheese quesadillas. I know my mom found Udi's pepperoni pizza and she usually makes taco dip, hot spinach and artichoke dip, broccoli dip with potato rounds. There is always usually chicken wings and mini hot dogs, plus other stuff that I can't even think of right now. I will also be bringing myself a Zevia root beer so I have something bubbly to toast with while everyone else has their sparkling cider.

mushroom Proficient

Happy New Year's Eve, Everyone! (well, actually Happy New Year, Shroom--you're already "there" aren't you? assuming you are still in NZ right now?)

Yep, I kicked 2012's butt last night :ph34r: as he was sneaking out the door. And well he should sneak, preferably with his tail between his legs, for the miserable year he inflicted :rolleyes:

IrishHeart Veteran

Yep, I kicked 2012's butt last night :ph34r: as he was sneaking out the door. And well he should sneak, preferably with his tail between his legs, for the miserable year he inflicted :rolleyes:

It was a doozy (and good riddance to bad rubbish ...as my Dad would say)

and I hope you are feeling chipper and ready for 2013. Many blessings to you!

mushroom Proficient

It was a doozy (and good riddance to bad rubbish ...as my Dad would say)

and I hope you are feeling chipper and ready for 2013. Many blessings to you!

Our dads were alike! Thanks Ginny... onward and upward.

jerseyangel Proficient

Hope you gave it an extra swift one fer me, Shroom!

Happy New Year everybody :D

mushroom Proficient

Our dads were alike! Thanks Ginny... onward and upward, and right back at you.

kareng Grand Master

Last night's dinner was " Experimental Snack Night":

Bacon jam

Potato snowballs ( mashed potatoes around a piece of moz or cheddar, coated in bread crumbs and baked"

Mozzarella " sticks" ( spray mini muffing pan with a good coating of olive oil, breadcrumbs, cheese cube, cover with more bread crumbs & spritz of olive oil)

Champagne Cheddar spread

Apples, against the Grain baguette, assorted gluten-free crackers, encore cheese sliced

Verdict:

J didn't care for any of it except the left- over cheese and apples

M liked it all except he wouldn't try the RBJ

hub & I liked it all. He was surprised how much he like the RBJ. The potato balls were a bit bland. The recipe doesn't call for seasoning the potatoes. However, RBJ on top gives them a great flavor. Maybe put it in the middle and season the potatoes with salt, garlic powder, etc.

Put some RBj in the freezer, hope it freezes well.

Tonight: pizza

Trying to make a sourdough crust. Might put a bit of the RBJ on one pizza.

GottaSki Mentor

I'm with you - can hardly wait to see 2012 in the rear view mirror - cheers to a healthy '13 EVERYONE!