This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

GottaSki Mentor

Oh dinnner....

Surf & Turf

Extra Large Shrimp (no lobster or crab anymore)

Extra Thick Rib Eyes

Maybe a veggie or two as sides - maybe.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Adalaide Mentor

Happy New Year!!

I don't exactly celebrate and I have 5 more hours of this year staring me down. I'm saving up all my energy for this weekend, I don't need to wear myself out with parties tonight. We just had a little pizza and we'll probably watch some bad TV.

Best of luck with that whole skiing thing. I shudder at the thought of that much time out in the cold, but I promise to have a cup of hot chocolate tomorrow and think of you. :P While I don't understand the draw, I'm thrilled for you that you're going to be doing something you so clearly love so much.

GottaSki Mentor

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/542938_10151605718763574_1220743597_n.webp

Not sad to see 2012 in the rear view -- but it did have a few wonderful moments -- good health for all in 2013!!!

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Lovely ski. How fantastic to be back doing what you love. All smiles here for you xx

kareng Grand Master

Bacon jam on pizza! This is a fabulous invention! Made a sour dough crust & partially baked, generously applied olive oil then dabs of RBJ then moz, provolone, feta, asiago and parm! So yummy!

IrishHeart Veteran

Bacon jam on pizza! This is a fabulous invention! Made a sour dough crust & partially baked, generously applied olive oil then dabs of RBJ then moz, provolone, feta, asiago and parm! So yummy!

Whoohoo! Another RBJ convert!

Did you think we would lead you astray ?? Never!

..........and 5 kinds of cheeses??? really K? Ouch

cahill Collaborator

The recipe for the sour dough crust PLEASE !!!!!! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

The recipe for the sour dough crust PLEASE !!!!!!

I'll have to write it up. If I don't put it up by tomorrow afternoon, someone pm me and remind me.

IrishHeart Veteran

I'll have to write it up. If I don't put it up by tomorrow afternoon, someone pm me and remind me.

..........and with that, K found herself barraged with 268 PMs.... :lol:

(and possibly a mild case of C from 5 kinds of cheeses!!!!!!!!!!!)

Wow, Karen, you weren't joking on the cheese thing :).

For the record, Irish and I agreed to start on 2nd, so your cheese taunts mean nothing (yet....). Can you imagine anything more hilarious than the 2 of us keeping each other on the straight and narrow?!

mushroom Proficient

Back afore Xmas, I found a bread item I hadn't seen before from a bakery whose bread I buy (BakeWorks), described as pull-apart rolls, and they looked good (partially baked, reheat-type thing) so I grabbed some (there was only one package) and then we didn't need them at Christmas. We had them last night with venison stew and O.M.G. -- it was pure heaven!!! Baked them for only 5 mins, and they were brown with a tender crisp crust and a soft inside the texture of real bread and the flavor was just right and oh, shoot, have not seen them again or I would definitely buy more. And containing the usual culprits - tapioca, potato, brown and white rice, guar gum, How'd they do dat?? Good news is that there are two left and I'm trying to decide what to squander mine on!

GottaSki Mentor

Back afore Xmas, I found a bread item I hadn't seen before from a bakery whose bread I buy (BakeWorks), described as pull-apart rolls, and they looked good (partially baked, reheat-type thing) so I grabbed some (there was only one package) and then we didn't need them at Christmas. We had them last night with venison stew and O.M.G. -- it was pure heaven!!! Baked them for only 5 mins, and they were brown with a tender crisp crust and a soft inside the texture of real bread and the flavor was just right and oh, shoot, have not seen them again or I would definitely buy more. And containing the usual culprits - tapioca, potato, brown and white rice, guar gum, How'd they do dat?? Good news is that there are two left and I'm trying to decide what to squander mine on!

Yum!

GottaSki Mentor

Yum!

IrishHeart Veteran

This is my cheesy/dairy/grainy .....swan song.

Fliet mignons in a balsamic syrup with goat cheese.

Smashed garlic and parmesan -reggiano potatoes

Corn

Pots au chocolate with bourbon vanilla whipped cream

Champage

(That last part is a New Year's Day tradition).

Gonna be some major creativity going on around here the next few weeks.

The MindWarpster and I are taking a new culinary path.......caio, cheese, au revoir

cream, toodl e-oo starches and grains and bon voyage booze.

mushroom Proficient

The MindWarpster and I are taking a new culinary path.......

Don't get lost in the woods :ph34r:

IrishHeart Veteran

Don't get lost in the woods :ph34r:

We'll leave a trail of breadrcumbs , no wait , cheesesticks no... er, OLIVES for ourselves.

IrishHeart Veteran

Yum!

Yum!

Ski liked your rolls soooo much, Shroom,.....she said it twice. ;)

GottaSki Mentor

Ski has crappy wifi at Bear Mountain Bar :)

But succeesfully lived up to my name today -- had to quit at 1pm -- so now wine and asian pears until the men get tired.

mushroom Proficient

But succeesfully lived up to my name today -- had to quit at 1pm -- so now wine and asian pears until the men get tired.

Hope for you the apres-ski is just as enjoyable as the Ski. Way to go, Lisa!!

IrishHeart Veteran

I am toasting you right this very minute, girlfriend. I am even crying a bit. Could not be happier for you! whoohoooo!!!!!!!!!!!.xx

GottaSki Mentor

This is my cheesy/dairy/grainy .....swan song

Champage

The MindWarpster and I are taking a new culinary path.......caio, cheese, au revoir

cream, toodl e-oo starches and grains and bon voyage booze.

Booze too! I did that during the froggy days of '12 and still cant do grain alcohol or white wines -- technically should stay away from reds cuz of the histamines -- havent quite been ableto give up my zin or cocoa mousse -- as long as I keep improving i am keeping my wine -- she says as she stomps her skiboot ;)

Woohoo Ski

Depends how bad the various withdrawals are. Trails of blood(y Mary's)?

IrishHeart Veteran

Depends how bad the various withdrawals are. Trails of blood(y Mary's)?

....might be trails of tears by the end of the week for me sans gin :lol:

...man, I sound like a boozy tart :lol:

kareng Grand Master

-- as long as I keep improving i am keeping my wine -- she says as she stomps her skiboot ;)

Ouch! I'm not standing between you and your wine!

IrishHeart Veteran

as long as I keep improving i am keeping my wine -- she says as she stomps her skiboot ;)

:lol: defiant and fiesty! ..(love that in a gal)