Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat
3 3

9,867 posts in this topic

I'm by myself tonight...I had 2 slices of homemade banana bread with peanut butter and sauteed apples. Just what I was in the mood for--yum!

Ads by Google:

I'm not cooking tonight. I made a Teff wrap for daughter with a little margarine, lettuce and turkey. She is also having baby carrots and apple slices.

Not sure what I'll have. Maybe a can of chili.

So, I'm kind of over having meat, fish bla bla bla for dinner I need something new to make! What are you guys having for dinner? :D

you might want to check out this thread titled 'what are you cooking tonight' for some good, yummy sounding ideas! Hope that helps!

Mushroom and Rosemary risotto, and gluten free apple and peach cobbler for dessert

Tonight will be Chicken Quesadillas and a side of fresh mango...keeping it simple :)

Shrimp and Grits with a side caesar salad. :)

Last night I made chicken and black bean tacos. I used to make them as burritos, but haven't found a suitable flour tortilla substitute yet and I don't like corn tortillas. So I just fill taco shells now and it's still delicious! I've always loved to cook and I'm not letting this gluten-free thing get me down. Luckily, almost all of my favorites can still be made by either changing or omitting a couple things. Obviously my fav breaded recipes are out, but I'll find new favorites! Also found a great recipe for pecan crusted chicken with a mustard sauce. BF said it was REALLY good!!

Made roast beef/gravy, mashed potatoes and mixed veggies earlier this week. Made the gravy with cornstarch and it was perfect.

- Kansas City Rubbed Pork Baby Back Ribs with Homemade Spicy Sweet BBQ Sauce

- Fingerling Potatoes Roasted with Garlic Cloves and Fresh Thyme and Rosemary finished with Smoked Maldon Sea Salt

- Spiced Fried Onion Rings with Cracked Black Pepper Creme Fraiche

- Kansas City Rubbed Pork Baby Back Ribs with Homemade Spicy Sweet BBQ Sauce

- Fingerling Potatoes Roasted with Garlic Cloves and Fresh Thyme and Rosemary finished with Smoked Maldon Sea Salt

- Spiced Fried Onion Rings with Cracked Black Pepper Creme Fraiche

I'll be there! 6:30 okay?

Just let me know when your flight arrives and I'll pick you up at the airport three hours from here. Dress warm - we still have at least three feet of snow and it is -20C. :P

Dress warm - we still have at least three feet of snow and it is -20C. :P

mmmmmm.......maybe we can reschedule in three or four months.....

mmmmmm.......maybe we can reschedule in three or four months.....

We don't usually get snow in June (but the odd time we do) and July and August would work for me... :P

ndw3363 - that sounds SO DELICIOUS! yummmm. i made tuna bake last night, it was so amazing haha.

Just let me know when your flight arrives and I'll pick you up at the airport three hours from here. Dress warm - we still have at least three feet of snow and it is -20C. :P

Damn! How far north do you live and at what altitude :o

Northern Alberta (several hours north of Edmonton) - unsure of the altitude. We've had snow on the ground continually since the beginning of November. Yuck.

One of the many reasons why we bought a house in Croatia! B)

Northern Alberta (several hours north of Edmonton) - unsure of the altitude. We've had snow on the ground continually since the beginning of November. Yuck.

One of the many reasons why we bought a house in Croatia! B)

I dunno, I think I would head for the Bahamas myself :) That's practically the Arctic Circle in my book.

It's funny but I don't do well in heat at all, either. It makes me wilt!

It's funny but I don't do well in heat at all, either. It makes me wilt!

That's because you don't get any training :P

That's because you don't get any training :P

Precisely! :lol: We do get up to 100F in the summer but not for long periods of time. My ideal temperature is about 60-70F at the most. Love it. :) Croatia will be nice - extremely mild short winters (in our area they get snow the odd time but rarely - two hours from Venice) and we'll just return to Canada in the summers to visit to avoid prolonged periods of heat. B)

We should be moving to Scotland - that is my favourite weather place anywhere. I LOVE rain and cool temps!

grilled cheese, with a side of zofran LOL my morning sickness has migrated to evenings today.

Precisely! :lol: We do get up to 100F in the summer but not for long periods of time. My ideal temperature is about 60-70F at the most. Love it. :) Croatia will be nice - extremely mild short winters (in our area they get snow the odd time but rarely - two hours from Venice) and we'll just return to Canada in the summers to visit to avoid prolonged periods of heat. B)

HaHa, you sound like me. Lake Tahoe your summer, New Zealand our summer except I change hemispheres :)

Tamatari Jhinga over brown rice! :D

Received a new cook book as a gift, and I highly recommend it: "New Indian Home Cooking". It's by a registered dietician, and great, if you like Indian Foods. (It's not gluten-free, but many recipes are, or easily adaptable.)

To translate, we had shrimp with a spicy/sweet tomato & onion sauce. It was good and cooked up quickly. (Except the rice, but I wasn't doing much while that was cooking, and I made a boat load to refrigerate and freeze for later.)

I love Indian foods!

I haven't decided yet (still have time) but one of the dishes is going to be baked fennel with parmesan. Maybe some Italian sausages and pasta with zucchini.