This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

IrishHeart Veteran

seriously....I need some sunshine and I need it bad. :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

IrishHeart Veteran

Australia tossed it our way because it was burning their little island up. We were fool enough to snag it as it went by, and now it is burning our little island up (literally, for both countries, although Queensland is under water and snorkelling :wacko: ) We are supposed to hit 40 degrees Celsius today. Think I might stay indoors :rolleyes:

Shroom, what's with the foam down there? saw it on the news....

IrishHeart Veteran

Pasta with butter and garlic sauce and baked chicken thighs, some cut up fresh veg on the side.

We have freezing rain on the way here, must be coming from Irish. :P

:lol: No no no, sweets....I sent it East...towards NE and out to sea, one hopes. Supposed to be 50 here tomorrow. I'll believe that when I see it..

mushroom Proficient

Shroom, what's with the foam down there? saw it on the news....

Created by the crashing of waves from Tropical Storm Oswald...... :wacko:

GottaSki Mentor

seriously....I need some sunshine and I need it bad. :unsure:

Wish I could pack some up and send it east - we are unusually cold for here - but lots of sun too - even had a daytime fire today - I love this weather :)

Have a good friend down in Brisbane that is stuck in her home with her two toddlers as her sitter can't make it thru the floodwaters. She has two grants to write this week - no fun.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

We had foam like that last year after storms. It was hilarious, but very odd.

IH, maybe you could get some bright lights and cocktails or something. Or maybe this is the perfect time to start practicing speaking dolphin to get ready?

Oh, more lamb encores with tomatoes and stuff.

IrishHeart Veteran

Created by the crashing of waves from Tropical Storm Oswald...... :wacko:

I have never seen foam like that. I have seen foam on the beach, but that is some pretty wild stuff.

And yes, MW I am practicing my dolphin.....and all the lights are on. I could probably guide a jetliner in at this point. Maybe be mistaken for a lighthouse...... :lol: (ever see the Brenda Blythen movie w/Craig Ferguson "Saving Grace"...the lights they have on in the greenhouses? well, maybe not quite that bright, but close .)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Who wants to house swap? It is minus 30 but windchill is minus 45. And more snow. :angry: Did I say MINUS???

mushroom Proficient

Hey, this may be a crazy bunch, but nowhere does it say we are DUMB !!!!! :blink:

GottaSki Mentor

hmmm - negative temp - then add wind chill -- even this queen of layers is OUT!

Tonight was yummy!

Men had another batch of ladas - steak this time with asparagus tossed with cilantro dressing.

I had....

spoon full of coconut oil

chopped skinless chicken thigh - previously baked - just heated in the oil

spaghetti squash noodles - also previously cooked

ground salt and pepper

couple handfuls of TJs broccoli slaw...I like it better than another brand I buy

last minute handful of cilantro so my dinner smelled like theirs - YUM!

I am soooo in love with coconut oil at the moment :)

PS no swaps thanks. Just starting to warm up a bit here. Almost spring like. Irish, walk on the beach and lunch at mine then? :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Who wants to house swap? It is minus 30 but windchill is minus 45. And more snow. :angry: Did I say MINUS???

Oh hon, I love you madly, but .....absolutely not. No one--and I mean no one--- should live where it is MINUS anything.

Hey, this may be a crazy bunch, but nowhere does it say we are DUMB !!!!! :blink:

:lol: yeah! what she said!

I had....

spoon full of coconut oil

chopped skinless chicken thigh - previously baked - just heated in the oil

spaghetti squash noodles - also previously cooked

ground salt and pepper

couple handfuls of TJs broccoli slaw...I like it better than another brand I buy

last minute handful of cilantro so my dinner smelled like theirs - YUM!

Cilantro makes almost everything yummy. I love the stuff. I grow it all summer. Girl, you make everything sound good--even on a restricted diet. :)

I am soooo in love with coconut oil at the moment :)

PS no swaps thanks. Just starting to warm up a bit here. Almost spring like. Irish, walk on the beach and lunch at mine then? :)

And coconut oil loves you, MW. :) If I could get there in time, you know I would love that. Me,+ beach = megahappiness. Me + beach + meeting you! = uber delightful!

I wish I could visit all the crazy fun people I have met on here. I would even go to where it is MINUS! ;)

I have met Gemini and Peter and MeggieLynn in person so far. Talked to a few on the phone and on skype. All very fun peeps.

Maybe a "world tour" someday down the road. Now, that is an awesome bucket list.

Dinner tonight:

Beef Short ribs in the slow cooker (never made them in there before--I was a slow convert to slow cooking)

I'm headed for the gym and those will be falling off the bone and luscious when we get home.

Adalaide Mentor

Looks like you have no takers! You might get someone to take you on as a house guest for a while... you know, if you offer to do the cooking. :lol:

GottaSki Mentor

Girl, you make everything sound good--even on a restricted diet. :)

And to think it only took 4 short years to come to my happy place ;)

I've often said I'd eat cardboard if it meant I could obtain good health -- thankfully what I get to eat is much more tasty :D

ps...still waving virtual pom poms that you are back in the gym -- nice work -- enjoy those wonderfully tender short ribs -- yum!

love2travel Mentor

Looks like you have no takers! You might get someone to take you on as a house guest for a while... you know, if you offer to do the cooking. :lol:

Who's up for offering me a temporary home until this winter is over in April? I'll cook! Supposed to get even colder tonight. At these temps it is dangerous to even walk half a block to get the mail! Blech.

Am willing to fly but I dislike heat and humidity. Somewhere above freezing would be awesome! Takers?????

mushroom Proficient

Who's up for offering me a temporary home until this winter is over in April? I'll cook! Supposed to get even colder tonight. At these temps it is dangerous to even walk half a block to get the mail! Blech.

Am willing to fly but I dislike heat and humidity. Somewhere above freezing would be awesome! Takers?????

We have a little studio with an ensuite and a fridge - alas no room-sized pantry to store all the sauces and condiments. We could, I suppose, move the cars out of the garage, since it is so nice and ~~~~warm~~~~ here. :) Yep, folks, we are actually having a summer with a big high pressure system parked over the top of us :D This is the first one I remember in a long time....... they say, the best since 1957!!

GottaSki Mentor

We have a little studio with an ensuite and a fridge - alas no room-sized pantry to store all the sauces and condiments. We could, I suppose, move the cars out of the garage, since it is so nice and ~~~~warm~~~~ here. :) Yep, folks, we are actually having a summer with a big high pressure system parked over the top of us :D This is the first one I remember in a long time....... they say, the best since 1957!!

Checking airfare now ;)

GottaSki Mentor

You are welcome here -- although between the dog, the cat and the revolving door of teenagers -- oh forgot about heavy metal band practice on Saturdays -- you may prefer to keep freezing those buns!

IrishHeart Veteran

Do not throw this kind of invite out to this crazy bunch....I just asked the hubs if he could do without me for a month as I looked at plane fares....

Lucky for you, he said "Not really".

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I gotsa a spare room with a potty in it! And a mini-fridge! :D Also, super-awesome kitchen

with a truly excessive amount of cabinet space (funny what having your house burn down

will get you.....) I live in CT, much nicer here! Hasn't gone into the negatives once yet this year!

IT is an electric stove though, as I am afraid of fire.... wonder why?....

GottaSki Mentor

Going CRAZY tonight!

Hubby is making meatloaf -- ONE meatloaf -- I'm going to have our regular gluten-free loaf.

Trial by fire of -- small amount of egg along with a few udi's crumbs -- Benedryl at the ready, but hopeful.

Mashed Japanese Sweet Potato for me - regular smashed spuds for them.

Brussel sprouts for me - Peas for them.

Edited to add:

Most delicous meatloaf I have ever tasted - sadly I will not be doing it again for awhile -- next time we'll try with just egg yolk -- suspect the egg white was the cause of my abdominal bloat and discomfort last night -- wasn't horrible, but it is the worst my stomach has been in months.

Edited by GottaSki
GottaSki Mentor

I gotsa a spare room with a potty in it! And a mini-fridge! :D Also, super-awesome kitchen

with a truly excessive amount of cabinet space (funny what having your house burn down

will get you.....) I live in CT, much nicer here! Hasn't gone into the negatives once yet this year!

IT is an electric stove though, as I am afraid of fire.... wonder why?....

Hmmm...that airfare might be more affordable...see you soon ;)

GottaSki Mentor

Ok...perfect solution for L2T...my best bud is currently residing on a sailboat in the gulf of mexico....here is her latest blog -- oh and today's temp is 80 no humidity.

http://rockysoceanad...a.html?spref=fb

edited to add -- four cabin sailboat with a darn nice kitchen ;)

shadowicewolf Proficient

So i am currently making the soup tonight... tossed some pasta in for just because reasons....

Last day of whole30 today, and feeling great even though the time of the month is due :).

Tomorrow, cheese :) :). Oh, and weigh in...