Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat
3 3

9,867 posts in this topic

CMw - 'Imagination is more important than knowledge'.

This is my youngest - brilliantly talented writer and artist - a born storyteller...he often doubted his intellligence because of his discalculia - finally got him to understand everyone has strengths and weakness - he'll be a great author one day - until then he will be found teaching middleschoolers with compassion because he understands struggling with traditional education for those with learning challenges.

Oops - proud mama off to wake the teen in question :)

This just in - say cheese! In the midst of my pity party last night I ate a piece of swiss cheese - granted not a great way to trial and about three months earlier than the plan - yet happy gut and mostly happy bod this morning. Might have to try another piece sometime soon when not having a fit.

Hope you are feeling better very soon!

Ads by Google:

Irish, so happy for you about the oats! There just is no replacement. Quinoa flakes are alright but they are just not the same.

Tonight:

Pork Shanks Braised in White Wine with an Apple Cider Vanilla Reduction

Pommes Anna

Roast Baby Purple and Yellow Carrots with Miso Glaze

Homemade Pecan Buttertarts

LoveTo.,

I never quite understand what your actually eating but it sounds so dang good.

Last night was:

Microwave rice with leftover chicken and some peas all globbed together. I loved it.

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/CBSA/smileyvault-cute-big-

Pommes Anna

Lovey, oh boy! I love classic Pommes Anna! YUM

(not fitting into the current "weight loss menu", however, so please eat an extra portion for moi? )

and pecan butter tarts too? you're killin me, girl :lol:

I'll try this again. Loey gave me the secret to to awesome smilies. Now if I can just post em

mood-emoticon-0067.gif

LoveTo.,

I never quite understand what your actually eating but it sounds so dang good.

:lol: :lol:

I'll try this again. Loey gave me the secret to to awesome smilies. Now I can can just post em.

<a href="http://www.smileyvault.com/" title="Giggle Smiley">

That's still not doing what you want, hon. Try this, Colleen.

http://www.sherv.net/cooking-emoticons.html

Then, choose the one you want and right click on it , then left click on "copy image". (I really had to think about that to explain it because even though I do it quickly now, it took me some time to learn--- and I hope it made sense)

cooking.gif

I cheat and just copy and paste the ones karen and ih post ;)

I cheat and just copy and paste the ones karen and ih post ;)

and don't think it has gone unnoticed., lazypants. :lol:

LOL. This is LoveTo perfecto.gif

This is Me cooking-on-fire.gif

lazypants. :lol:

Yep...that's me ;)

Laughing out Loud - thanks for the giggles :D

This is too cute. Your creativity with these smileys is awesome. I must really get me some of those thingers!

Thanks for making me laugh out loud! :lol:

Lovey, oh boy! I love classic Pommes Anna! YUM

(not fitting into the current "weight loss menu", however, so please eat an extra portion for moi? )

and pecan butter tarts too? you're killin me, girl :lol:

I know. These pork shanks were calling to me - I never see them. So, when I did, they jumped right into my grocery cart! It was astonishing to see. And then the buttertarts - well, I'm going to housesit in the country for a week so thought I'd make my darling sweetheart something to remember me by.

And Day 1 starts tomorrow. I absolutely MUST lost these extra 30 lb of adipose tissue - I'm thinkin' it may help my back situation out, too. I'm still going to pull out all the stops with cooking but will make far better choices with serving sizes and eat smarter. One can "diet" and still cook fantastilicious food! ;)

You still have some left???? Shroom, you are a woman of exceptional willpower.Kudos!

No, no. Even with my willpower it would not last that long with "the great refrigerator raider" in the house. Made some more :D

Quinoa flakes are alright but they are just not the same.

Roast Baby Purple and Yellow Carrots with Miso Glaze

You are so right about the quinoa flakes. I had high hopes for them until they bit me back :ph34r:

And you say you live in the middle of nowhere at 30 below and somehow you come up with baby purple and yellow carrots :blink: I can remember mid-summer in Austin, Mn. (maybe it's better now) but in the whole produce section it was hard to find something that did not belong in the garbage :rolleyes:

Now, you've got it!!!!!

partying-smiley-emoticon.gif

but in the whole produce section it was hard to find something that did not belong in the garbage :rolleyes:

That about sums up Upstate New York in winter. <_< A girl can only eat so many root veggies and squashes.

Cannot wait to get to Florida in a few weeks where can walk to the most amazing

produce market every morning and get the freshest veggies and fruits, then over to the fish market

for the fresh catch of the day (or just go catch one myself ) .

30 lb of adipose tissue - I'm thinkin' it may help my back situation out, too. I'm still going to pull out all the stops with cooking but will make far better choices with serving sizes and eat smarter. One can "diet" and still cook fantastilicious food! ;)

"Adipose tissue" makes it sound so much better than the "f--." word.

Yes, any weight we can take off the bones and joints is beneficial.

You know I'll cheer you on!!. I've got the same amount to lose ;)

And you say you live in the middle of nowhere at 30 below and somehow you come up with baby purple and yellow carrots :blink: I can remember mid-summer in Austin, Mn. (maybe it's better now) but in the whole produce section it was hard to find something that did not belong in the garbage :rolleyes:

Smart girl! We bought them at a farmer's market when in the city over the weekend. They had been kept absolutely perfect in soil and sand in a cellar. They are so pretty on the plate!

"Adipose tissue" makes it sound so much better than the "f--." word.

Yes, any weight we can take off the bones and joints is beneficial.

You know I'll cheer you on!!. I've got the same amount to lose ;)

You are doing so incredibly well. In fact, you are one of those inspiring me to lose the AT. ^_^ WE CAN DO THIS!!

I don't know about you all....but mine is about 60% AT and 40% inflammation -- or perhaps 40% AT and 60% inflammation -- just know I look 30-40 pounds lighter but have only lost 10 -- riddle me that.....

I reckon I look 30 lbs lighter having lost half that. 60 real ones to go. Sadly not all of that inflammamation. Gotta.keep at it now I am on the way, and healing too.

I don't know about you all....but mine is about 60% AT and 40% inflammation -- or perhaps 40% AT and 60% inflammation -- just know I look 30-40 pounds lighter but have only lost 10 -- riddle me that.....

What looks like fat and makes you fat, but isn't fatty fat?

Answer: Edema. i.e., water, H20!!!

Double "like" both of the last entries!