Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat
3 3

9,867 posts in this topic

Flexiflyers rock - we use many plastc sleds - trash can lids - yet nothing beats my flyer on the right hill with loads of fresh to land on.

I don't think I'm ready for a flyer - make a snow angel for me.

Ads by Google:

Flexiflyers rock - we use many plastc sleds - trash can lids - yet nothing beats my flyer on the right hill with loads of fresh to land on.

I don't think I'm ready for a flyer - make a snow angel for me.

Trash can lids rule....City kid here! and oh, gosh.... I am surely not ready for it either...I may just ride the cat around on it..... :lol: I just want to play!

Wishing your pain away and Hubs safe return. You are amazing - even in pain your creations are nothing short of miraculous.

Hoping your pain becomes less each day :)

You are so sweet. :) Cooking keeps me sane many days, even if I must break down the recipes into its various components and just do one at a time, rest, do another, rest... Part of it is the fear of losing my passion for things. I do not want to go down that path! So far, so good.

I FINALLY slept last night. Most nights I must get up and walk around because of pain. Last night I did not get up at all. And this afternoon the one I love more than life itself will return. Amazing how when one marries your heart bursts with love and you cannot fathom loving him/her any more than you do but then it grows and grows and grows into something even more incredible. I love my husband. :wub:

Yesterday I mixed up a batch of rub for making jerky today which I am just about to do. I am going housesitting for a few days tomorrow and of course cannot cook out there. So, am making a few snacks to take along that are better choices than pigging out on chips and such like.

Tonight am making a bit pot of chile con carne with chipotle and a bit of bittersweet chocolate. Bay-infused white rice. Shaved Brussels sprouts with a Meyer lemon Dijon vinaigrette. That should keep us nice and cozy tonight. ^_^

You are so sweet. :) Cooking keeps me sane many days, even if I must break down the recipes into its various components and just do one at a time, rest, do another, rest... Part of it is the fear of losing my passion for things. I do not want to go down that path! So far, so good.

I FINALLY slept last night. Most nights I must get up and walk around because of pain. Last night I did not get up at all. And this afternoon the one I love more than life itself will return. Amazing how when one marries your heart bursts with love and you cannot fathom loving him/her any more than you do but then it grows and grows and grows into something even more incredible. I love my husband. :wub:

I can relate to this sentiment on every level, dear girl. It was my husband who kept me from going mad when I was at my painful, sickest worst and our love only grows more with each year. He's my rock and my heartbeat :wub:and I light up like a firefly when I hear the door open and he

yells," I'm home, Babe!'

A bit mushy and goofy, I know, but I don't care.

For years, I spent many nights waking around and around my house at night because of the pain. I barely slept for 3 years.

It's better. I sleep nearly 6 or 7 hours now.

And I go to the gym. That seemed impossible 2 years ago. I could barely walk.

I promise you, honey---just keep doing all the therapies we have talked about and I think in time, you'll have more relief, too.

Hang in there, my friend.xx.

It's darn cold here, so it's feeling like a chicken and rice soup kind of day with cheesy rolls.

I'm going for a double trial--grain and dairy- let's see what happens. I know, I know.... I should try them separately, but I am feeling lucky. :D (and going against my own advice to others is a bit rebellious....)

Funny, I ended up doing cheese and rice together. I seem to have survived adding the gluten-free soy sauce too.

Dinner is as many roasted vegetables.as I can get my hands on, and most likely lamb.

I can relate to this sentiment on every level, dear girl. It was my husband who kept me from going mad when I was at my painful, sickest worst and our love only grows more with each year. He's my rock and my heartbeat :wub:and I light up like a firefly when I hear the door open and he

yells," I'm home, Babe!'

Yes. You understand so thoroughly, Irish. I wouldn't even need to explain anything to you. All I would need to say is "Ouch" and you would know. Our husbands are Heaven sent. My favourite time of the day is whenever mine gets home from work or wherever he is. Then he puts everything aside and we lie down and discuss my day. He dislikes talking shop and I dislike discussing pain. He knows and gauges my moods/pain levels well. So, we discuss the new dog I saw in the park or the ingredients that go into dinner, etc. Sure, we discuss the yucky stuff, but choose not to dwell on it. We try to find ways to change/improve things. My husband is not perfect (who is?) but he is my rock and makes me feel so loved, cherished and secure. And no, he has no brothers! Well, except for Irish's husband. ^_^

OK. Enough mushiness for today. My jerky is smelling soooooo good! How can I wait for six more hours to taste it?? The cure I used is from Michael Symon's new book, "Carnivore". I would NOT make a good vegetarian. At all. :wacko:

And no, he has no brothers! Well, except for Irish's husband. ^_^

OK. Enough mushiness for today. My jerky is smelling soooooo good! How can I wait for six more hours to taste it?? The cure I used is from Michael Symon's new book, "Carnivore". I would NOT make a good vegetarian. At all. :wacko:

Not a good vegetarian here either. I love meat. I admit it. It's a moral dilemma for me as I love animals.

I wish I could be a vegetarian or even a vegan. I do not think my muscles can recover without the meat protein right now.

And I feel bad when I look a cow in the eye. I cast my eyes down in shame when we pass by the neighbors' farms.

I will not eat the venison my neighbors offer. I just fed those guys in my backyard :unsure: sigh....

well, my guy is an only child and every female I know asks me " does he have a brother? "

I would clone him if I could. :lol:

Not a good vegetarian here either. I love meat. I admit it. It's a moral dilemma for me as I love animals.

I wish I could be a vegetarian or even a vegan. I do not think my muscles can recover without the meat protein right now.

And I feel bad when I look a cow in the eye. I cast my eyes down in shame when we pass by the neighbors' farms.

I will not eat the venison my neighbors offer. I just fed those guys in my backyard :unsure: sigh....

well, my guy is an only child and every female I know asks me " does he have a brother? "

I would clone him if I could. :lol:

It is a moral dilemma for me, too. I LOVE animals. In fact, we are becoming foster "parents" soon. We lost our precious border collie three years ago and we feel it is time for another one to love. I grew up on a farm and saw a lot of butchery (pigs, cattle, sheep...still not sure where my black sheep Ebony went) and all manner of poultry. But I have such respect for animals and as I grow older the mushier I get. In fact, I cannot handle seeing a stray dog or abused animals on the news. My husband used to be a bow hunter but he cannot do it any longer. He is about the most serious animal lover I have ever seen. He's the type who will even approach dogs on chains whose hair is standing up on end and snarling with saliva dripping all over the place. Well, I'm exaggerating just a touch, but still. He cannot pass an animal without touching it.

Pork burger with sage

sweet potato

onion, garlic and zucchini sauteed

Baked chicken legs

Basmati rice

Green beans

Garden salad

Managed some real cooking tonight. I've been sort of secretly lamenting the fact that I'll never have Chinese food again since I can't have soy, probably ever again. Then my husband is all, you should find a recipe for lo mien. <_< Not to be deterred I began searching for a soy sauce alternative and kept coming up with all sorts of make your own with beef bouillon or stock, both of which I can't buy and finally happened on coconut aminos. Third health food store and finally they had some, I was afraid for half a second that he would balk at the $7 a bottle price but I was quickly like oooooh, that looks cheap. BAM! in the cart.

So, we came home and made some chicken lo mien for supper. I rather enjoyed it and I was quite happy. I asked him what he thought, he wasn't impressed but thought that if we tweaked it a little maybe we could improve it. Well, at least the leftovers are all mine! He can make his own supper tomorrow.

EZ button last night as we have extended family in the hospital -- In and Out

Tonight -- Comfort food for whole family

Rosemary Roast Chicken

Mashed Potatoes / Mashed JSP

Peas / Asparagus

Triple Fudge Brownies / "Chocolate Mousse"

and tomorrow I'll make two of these - without the fluffy icing -- I prefer more of a ganache (sp?) look - but will use berries along the base and "Betty Boop" salt and pepper shaker set for decor -- yep, someone very important to me looks like Betty Boop and was born the same year Betty was created...hope to bring a bit of cheer along with the cake :D

red-raspberry-velvet-cake-main.jpg

Tomorrow is birthday supper with my whole family, and I'm so excited because it's my birthday! (Which means I get to choose our meal) The menu is: Steaks, potatoes, onions, and asparagus on the grill, YUMMMM....and for dessert, flourless chocolate cake! I can't wait! Haha :)

Soup for me: beef, cabbage, carrots, and maybe some pasta added in.

Wishing my stomach would go back to normal. :unsure:

Tomorrow is birthday supper with my whole family, and I'm so excited because it's my birthday! (Which means I get to choose our meal) The menu is: Steaks, potatoes, onions, and asparagus on the grill, YUMMMM....and for dessert, flourless chocolate cake! I can't wait! Haha :)

Happy Birthday to you!

Enjoy your YUMMY and well desearved special meal :)

Soup for me: beef, cabbage, carrots, and maybe some pasta added in.

Wishing my stomach would go back to normal. :unsure:

Hey Shadow-

I've been outta the loop - what's up with your stomach - your dinner sounds great.

Hey Shadow-

I've been outta the loop - what's up with your stomach - your dinner sounds great.

Caught a bug that was going around. I've still sort of got it. :blink: I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It'll be a week tommorow that i've had it. Though, i have been feeling better, my stomach is taking its sweet time.

Hey, Lisa!! Looked like Dorner offed himself!

Hey, Lisa!! Looked like Dorner offed himself!

That or the cabin accidentally caught on fire!

That or the cabin accidentally caught on fire!

Oh, of course. Much more likely!