This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

GottaSki Mentor

Ran outta steam from a good day hiking. Pizza delayed until tomorrow.

Hubby chopping and dicing away while I enjoy my glass of zin and catch up with the news of the day.

He has his choice of shrimp, ground beef or ny steaks...hmmm I wonder which he will choose?

Steak with something yummy ahead :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Marilyn R Community Regular

I've used regular white rice flour in similar circumstance -- worked fine.

If you have an Oriental grocery in your area, they'll carry sweet rice.

We had grilled salmon tonight with chopped rosemary/mustard/brown sugar basting, & mashed parmesan potatoes with a salad. We're always a day late, last night's dinner was pretty awful.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Mac and cheese was soooo goood.

Adalaide Mentor

After grocery shopping the homemade mac and cheese turned into mac and cheese from a box. :( At least I have daffodil cake with lemon curd with which to drown my sorrows.

kareng Grand Master

I found some sweet rice flour. I was trying to avoid going to the Asian store as it was out of the way.

Last night we had chicken tacos. I used iceberg lettuce for my shell. Tonight we are having some experimental appetizers. I am having people over next Friday and haven't decided what to make yet.

A little late for Valentines Day but I just saw this:

http://thepapermama.com/2011/02/wordlessish-wednesday-bacon-of-hearts.html

IrishHeart Veteran

Nice bacon hearts, K!

waaaa

I'm sick (note to self: never, ever brag that you "do not get colds or the flu") <_<

and I can't eat and everything hurts. oy.

Can someone please bring me some chicken soup? Thank you.

This had better be gone soon. I've got a vacation planned.

....'scuse me while I go cough up a lung.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Soup in the post :)

Heading out for a few days, mini kitchen on board. If I don't speak have a good time.

IH beat that bug off with a stick if necessary :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

waaaa

I'm sick (note to self: never, ever brag that you "do not get colds or the flu") <_<

Aren't you old enough to have learned not to do this sort of thing? You just.... don't say things like this, it is practically like hexing yourself.

Eat this and feel better. sendchickensoupplz.gif?1

Tonight is easy dinner for me to make but sooooo good. Ham and eggs, and if I'm feeling spunky maybe even some pancakes. Or a German pancake, but that seems silly with eggs. Maybe arepas since they taste so similar to English muffins. But like I said, a bread-like object depends on how spunky I feel later.

IrishHeart Veteran

I know, I know. facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif duh

To reverse the hex, I just said this:

I never, ever win the lottery.

IrishHeart Veteran

Soup in the post :)

Heading out for a few days, mini kitchen on board. If I don't speak have a good time.

IH beat that bug off with a stick if necessary :)

Have a good time!!!! :)

alex11602 Collaborator

NIce and simple tonight...steak and homemade sweet potato fries :)

love2travel Mentor

Nice bacon hearts, K!

waaaa

and I can't eat and everything hurts. oy.

Can someone please bring me some chicken soup? Thank you.

This had better be gone soon. I've got a vacation planned.

....'scuse me while I go cough up a lung.

Oh, I so wish I could come and take care of you. I'll bet your sweetheart is spoiling you to bits. Please get better soon. And keep those lungs firmly ensconced where they should be! ^_^

love2travel Mentor

Pork Spring Rolls with Sweet and Spicy Chile Dipping Sauce

Saucy Korean Shrimp over Vermicelli

Baby Greens, Toasted Pecans, Sliced Pear and White Balsamic Orange Vinaigrette

Roasted Apples with Vanilla Bean and Cinnamon

IrishHeart Veteran

Oh, I so wish I could come and take care of you. I'll bet your sweetheart is spoiling you to bits. Please get better soon. And keep those lungs firmly ensconced where they should be! ^_^

Well, he was until he got it ,too. :unsure: Nothing says true love like two people simultaneously hacking themselves silly all night long

I wish you could come too, hon... but I'd rather you came when I am well so we can play together in the kitchen!!.

Okay, well, I managed to work up the "oomph" to throw in a roasted chicken. It got a quickie butter, thyme, lemon, garlic treatment of some sort.

and maybe some potatoes and carrots. That took all the energy I had stored up.

whew. I'm toast.

Honestly, guys.........I'd rather be glutened than be "sick". This "regular people sick" thing sucks.

love2travel Mentor

Well, he was until he got it ,too. :unsure: Nothing says true love like two people simultaneously hacking themselves silly all night long

I wish you could come too, hon... but I'd rather you came when I am well so we can play together in the kitchen!!.

Okay, well, I managed to work up the "oomph" to throw in a roasted chicken. It got a quickie butter, thyme, lemon, garlic treatment of some sort.

and maybe some potatoes and carrots. That took all the energy I had stored up.

whew. I'm toast.

Honestly, guys.........I'd rather be glutened than be "sick". This "regular people sick" thing sucks.

You poor lovely girl. Are you feeling any better today?

love2travel Mentor

Penne with Sundried Tomato Pesto and Italian Sausage Ragu (using my homemade sundried tomato pesto)

Minted Peas

Strawberry, banana and blueberry salad dressed with honey lime poppyseed glaze

IrishHeart Veteran

You poor lovely girl. Are you feeling any better today?

Thanks for asking, sweetie. Yes, a little bit ! Hubs --er, not so much. Poor guy.

I was just about to start throwing together a chicken noodle soup.

We do not really have appetites. :unsure:

I do not feel so wiped out today, so that must be a good sign!

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

So a while ago Addy posted about making cheese bread without buying a mix, using

the recipe from the following link

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/02/quick-brazilian-cheese-rolls-pao-de-queijo-2/

Well, it's awesome. Piece of advice? Don't accidentally double the amount of oil called

for in the recipe......

Marilyn R Community Regular

Thanks for that link, JN.  I missed the gluten-free Expo here because I am recovering from cellultis.

We had grilled pork tenderloin, steamed pea pods, roasted potatoes and homemade applesauce.  (An apple a day...wishing...)

GottaSki Mentor

So - it is cold many places - flu bugs flying willy nilly and a good cheesebread recipe - hold the double oil!

Road trip needed! Life has gotten in the way of me snapping pics of candidates but I have spied them everywhere I walk and run! Yes these joints haven't handled the impact of running in over 20 years!

Dinner was almonds and dried pears in the movie theater - two men picked up mex on the way home - other had safe encores.

IH - hang in there and dream of the vacation ahead - hmmm - where is that countdown?

Adalaide Mentor

So a while ago Addy posted about making cheese bread without buying a mix, using

the recipe from the following link

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/02/quick-brazilian-cheese-rolls-pao-de-queijo-2/

Well, it's awesome. Piece of advice? Don't accidentally double the amount of oil called

for in the recipe......

Glad you liked them! I tried them tonight with a little butter added and they didn't rise as well but the flavor was awesome with the garlic and basil. Great replacement for garlic bread.

love2travel Mentor

Lomo de Cochino en Salsa de Parchita con Bayas Rosadas (Pork Tenderloin with Passion Fruit Pink Peppercorn Sauce) - Venezuelan

Baked Potatoes with Chives

Shaved Brussels Sprouts (roasted just until tender) Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette and Toasted Hazelnuts

Fudgey Brownies (not for me but for the one I love)

notme Experienced

We had fish, fries, hush puppies and slaw. OH MY GOSH was it good, I was in HEAVEN! We ordered the hush puppy mix from from a Grist mill from back home and it makes the BEST hush puppies we've ever had! I just recently realized we could order it online. We did add finely chop onion to the batter. HAVE MERCY. They were VERY light and fluffy and naturally gluten free because they don't process any wheat in there! We also ordered grits, cornbread mix and rice. It is the best we've ever had. I would share a photo but it won't let me post it unless I have an URL.

In case anyone is interested,

http://palmettofarms.com/

we are having exactly that tonight, except no hushpuppies :(  but i have sweet onions to make onion rings :)

i got glutened by a cupcake for my birthday - haven't got the heart to tell my daughter that the award-winning gluten-free cupcake must have only won because it must have been judged on 'flavor' and not for being celiac friendly  :(  annnnnnd i spent 3 days blaming everything else i ate/stress/blah blah blah on what is UNMISTAKABLY gluten - nothing wipes me out like that - after 2 plus years, i still second guess.......  a harsh reminder!  so, went into "safe mode" and finally got 'reset'  

hey - everybody is eating strawberries!  so, they are ok??  i thought they packed them in wheat straw ?/  is there a way to tell ugh i sure miss my strawberries  

kareng Grand Master

we are having exactly that tonight, except no hushpuppies :(  but i have sweet onions to make onion rings :)

i got glutened by a cupcake for my birthday - haven't got the heart to tell my daughter that the award-winning gluten-free cupcake must have only won because it must have been judged on 'flavor' and not for being celiac friendly  :(  annnnnnd i spent 3 days blaming everything else i ate/stress/blah blah blah on what is UNMISTAKABLY gluten - nothing wipes me out like that - after 2 plus years, i still second guess.......  a harsh reminder!  so, went into "safe mode" and finally got 'reset'  

hey - everybody is eating strawberries!  so, they are ok??  i thought they packed them in wheat straw ?/  is there a way to tell ugh i sure miss my strawberries  

You can eat strawberries. I saw them growing in California. They don't use straw. They use plastic. Even if they used straw it probably wouldn't be from wheat as they would have to haul it in from a long distance if it were wheat. Not very cost effective.

LFitts Apprentice

Dinner tonight was pork chops, carrots boiled in chicken broth, baked beans, rice & gravy. Yum! Everyone ate the gluten-free gravy with no complaints! Love having my whole family gluten-free so my daughter doesn't have to worry about what to eat at home. She gets enough to worry about everywhere else!