This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

GottaSki Mentor

Yes! Springy...my heirloom garden awaits...wonder how much ground work will take place with the boss away? Ya, not much....off to pack more - missing the old motorhome 'bout now. Sure is nice to just hop in and go!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Adalaide Mentor

I was feeling like something between a zombie and a person today so I thought hopping back on my elliptical a week post glutening was a good idea. Apparently I'm a moron. So regretting that decision. But, now that I'm back on the horse I have to keep up with it. Stoopid horse.

Far too much pain and soreness and tiredness to cook for real. Popped a can of Christmas George, turned his juice to gravy and added some frozen corn and boxed mashed potatoes. BOXED POTATOES!!! What have I sunk to? :ph34r:

Somewhere, from a deep well of... well of not letting this disease own me (and maybe from a can of Mtn. Dew), I will still put on pants and a coat and drag myself out to the Fire and Ice Festival tonight. We will take along food to donate to the local food bank in trade for s'mores ingredients for the hubby. And damn it all I will enjoy the fireworks.

alex11602 Collaborator

Tonight was pulled pork on Glutino crackers...so simple yet delicious!

shadowicewolf Proficient

Mac and cheese with asparagus for dinner. Its gonna snow some more :)

Adalaide Mentor

We had snow yesterday and last night. It was lovely to have snow for the fireworks. We're also going to get more snow again. I am not thrilled. We wondered into a toy store at the shops and found they had all sorts of novelty sodas. He had banana (I tried it before he put his gluteny lips all over the bottle) and I had blueberry. Both were... interesting. It was a great date night and I am really glad that I pushed through and we went.

Tonight, pork loin again. Seriously, people around here I guess don't appreciate a good loin and they keep getting marked down to half price at the grocery store. This one is southwest peppercorn flavored, just peal the stickers and throw the whole bag in the oven and BAM! dinner. Oh yeah, that's the way I like it. No dishes. I think though that maybe I'll cut up and roast a red potato for myself. My husband informed me after my shopping excursion that he doesn't like red potatoes. Whatever, I'll eat all 5 pounds myself. They're tasty. I think I'll make a salad maybe, they're my favorite for potato salads. I suppose he can cook his own poison mac and cheese or something from a box if he won't eat what I'm making.

shadowicewolf Proficient

We had snow yesterday and last night. It was lovely to have snow for the fireworks. We're also going to get more snow again. I am not thrilled. We wondered into a toy store at the shops and found they had all sorts of novelty sodas. He had banana (I tried it before he put his gluteny lips all over the bottle) and I had blueberry. Both were... interesting. It was a great date night and I am really glad that I pushed through and we went.

Tonight, pork loin again. Seriously, people around here I guess don't appreciate a good loin and they keep getting marked down to half price at the grocery store. This one is southwest peppercorn flavored, just peal the stickers and throw the whole bag in the oven and BAM! dinner. Oh yeah, that's the way I like it. No dishes. I think though that maybe I'll cut up and roast a red potato for myself. My husband informed me after my shopping excursion that he doesn't like red potatoes. Whatever, I'll eat all 5 pounds myself. They're tasty. I think I'll make a salad maybe, they're my favorite for potato salads. I suppose he can cook his own poison mac and cheese or something from a box if he won't eat what I'm making.

Pork sounds good, but I always get really bad acid reflux after it (too much fat maybe?). :unsure:

IrishHeart Veteran

Getting some appetite back (yaay!) so

Hamburgers and sweet potato fries tonight.

I'm just making whatever is in the freezer the next 2 days, because we're packing up to be gone for 5 weeks.

I think this viral gastroenteritis is about gone (vanished that thinger with serious mega- doses of probiotics!) and we head out Thursday AM.

I do hope everyone else is feeling better, unglutened and in less pain all around!xx

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

shadowicewolf Proficient

Leftovers for me. I somehow got the sauce to turn really thick. So gooooood.

notme Experienced

I'm just making whatever is in the freezer the next 2 days, because we're packing up to be gone for 5 weeks.

I think this viral gastroenteritis is about gone (vanished that thinger with serious mega- doses of probiotics!) and we head out Thursday AM.

I do hope everyone else is feeling better, unglutened and in less pain all around!xx

glad you are feeling better, ih!  me too, day 15 a.g. (after glutening lolz) finally loading up on protein and it's staying put!!!

yesterday, made 'party food' for the nascar official kick-off.  even if old cheatin' jimmie johnson won the 500 it was great to get the gang together and yell at the tv HAHAHAAA!!

'daytona' sandwich (regular poppin'fresh dough for the gluteneaters and gluten-free failed bread dough for me) shaped like the track with pesto spread, roasted chicken, red peppers (<ok, not ready for them...!) and spinach leaves.  fancy toothpicks with pinwheels on them and all.  lolz the kids even went "oooooooooooh!"

sausage n peppers (w/red marinara 'gravy')

bbq meatballs

assorted chips n dips, etc

tonight i have Encores - lots and lots of Encores......  :D

Adalaide Mentor

I'm very excited for you. You absolutely have to bring pics back! I'm sure that the dolphins will be magical. :D

I'm still kicking myself over the too soon elliptical. Can't sleep. Can barely... anything. Tonight is leftover porkies. I'll manage to roast a few more potatoes since the hubs seemed to enjoy them and I'm sure I can scrounge up something green somewhere.

IrishHeart Veteran

Thanks, Addy! I am looking forward to it, despite my less than enthusiastic "tone" right now. :D Man, this thing really knocked me down, but not out. 

Hope you feel better very soon!. 

GottaSki Mentor

glad you are feeling better, ih! me too, day 15 a.g. (after glutening lolz) finally loading up on protein and it's staying put!!!

yesterday, made 'party food' for the nascar official kick-off. even if old cheatin' jimmie johnson won the 500 it was great to get the gang together and yell at the tv HAHAHAAA!!

'daytona' sandwich (regular poppin'fresh dough for the gluteneaters and gluten-free failed bread dough for me) shaped like the track with pesto spread, roasted chicken, red peppers (<ok, not ready for them...!) and spinach leaves. fancy toothpicks with pinwheels on them and all. lolz the kids even went "oooooooooooh!"

sausage n peppers (w/red marinara 'gravy')

bbq meatballs

assorted chips n dips, etc

tonight i have Encores - lots and lots of Encores...... :D

Doh! I succussfully avoided the news as we decided to watch the Oscars last night and the race tonight - who woulda thought I find out the results of the Daytona 500 on the dinner thread?

Oh well - will still finish watching the race - we - however are huge Jimmy Johnson fans - he is our hometown boy and my hubby and I watched his first win at the California Speedway from the pits - most awesome race experience EVER!

Tonight, while we watch the continuous left turn, will be:

Steak

Butternut Squash Fries

Baby Brussell Sprouts w/ onion, garlic -- plus bacon for the men.

notme Experienced

O MY GOSH i am so so so so so so so so so so sorry :(  we actually recorded the twin 125's to watch on thursday night at my brother's house and as soon as the first duel was over, son's girlfriend texts me who won.  (she is a sweetheart but kinda new to the whole nascar seriousness and it was her driver so she was excited)  so i guess i am That Idiot.  please forgive me.  

we usually have friendly wagers - bets were on:  harvick, biffle, bowyer, j.burton, ky.busch, b.keselowski, kenseth and hamlin.  

how do you love that asphalt cam???  

(sorry again :( )

alex11602 Collaborator

Last night and tonight was baked ziti and meatballs (mom made it and we got lots of leftovers :) )

I'm trying to decide what to make tomorrow, it's bad enough that I had to force my 6 year old to eat the meatball last night since we weren't at home, but I'm honestly lost on what to feed her anymore. She doesn't like to eat meat because of the animals. but we have never been big on beans (I always found them to have a weird texture) so she has only had them like 5 times in her life.

Well that was kind of rambling, sorry, I'm confused about all this and I think I'm becoming sleep deprived...on top of my obnoxious scratchy throat my 3 year old hasn't slept in 2 nights because she doesn't feel well (darn stuffy nose and coughing in someone who can't verbalize what's going on in their body.)

shadowicewolf Proficient

Last night and tonight was baked ziti and meatballs (mom made it and we got lots of leftovers :) )

I'm trying to decide what to make tomorrow, it's bad enough that I had to force my 6 year old to eat the meatball last night since we weren't at home, but I'm honestly lost on what to feed her anymore. She doesn't like to eat meat because of the animals. but we have never been big on beans (I always found them to have a weird texture) so she has only had them like 5 times in her life.

Well that was kind of rambling, sorry, I'm confused about all this and I think I'm becoming sleep deprived...on top of my obnoxious scratchy throat my 3 year old hasn't slept in 2 nights because she doesn't feel well (darn stuffy nose and coughing in someone who can't verbalize what's going on in their body.)

Perhaps its time to revisit lion king? If i remember right, there is an explanation in that movie about all things that have their place in the "order of life" sort to speak. Thats if i'm understanding that she won't eat meat because it comes from animals. Random thought... :)

For protien, peanut butter is pretty high in it as are other nuts.

I've never liked beans. I have texture issues with some foods (beans and eggs mainly), and my stomach says no to them if i try. :unsure:

alex11602 Collaborator

Perhaps its time to revisit lion king? If i remember right, there is an explanation in that movie about all things that have their place in the "order of life" sort to speak. Thats if i'm understanding that she won't eat meat because it comes from animals. Random thought... :)

For protien, peanut butter is pretty high in it as are other nuts.

I've never liked beans. I have texture issues with some foods (beans and eggs mainly), and my stomach says no to them if i try. :unsure:

Hmm, didn't even think about the Lion King.  And you are right, it's because meat comes from animals. She is a sweet kid but sometimes her concern over other people and things is strange to me (not that alot of concern is a bad thing at all, it's just new because I never gave a thought to what I was eating or protecting the planet.) Although, this is the child that decided she doesn't want a party this year because she would rather me let her buy food with the money to donate to the local food pantry.

GottaSki Mentor

O MY GOSH i am so so so so so so so so so so sorry :(  we actually recorded the twin 125's to watch on thursday night at my brother's house and as soon as the first duel was over, son's girlfriend texts me who won.  (she is a sweetheart but kinda new to the whole nascar seriousness and it was her driver so she was excited)  so i guess i am That Idiot.  please forgive me.  

we usually have friendly wagers - bets were on:  harvick, biffle, bowyer, j.burton, ky.busch, b.keselowski, kenseth and hamlin.  

how do you love that asphalt cam???  

(sorry again :( )

no worries....I laughed out loud when I read your original post :D

Love the asphault cam -- those were some good bets until the toyotas started popping ;)

Our family's favorites have always been Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson -- but have too many others I root for Mark Martin, Jeff Burton (& Ward when he was racing), Little E has my heart -- and I was rooting for him to beat Jimmy on the last lap!  Adam Petty broke my then 7 year old's heart so I always pulled for Kyle when he raced -- and love that Michael Waltrip was back in the car for Daytona -- fun that these guys get to own and race their cars now :)

Oh, oh and Danica took the pole, led a lap and finished Top Ten -- not a huge fan of hers, but have to cheer any woman that breaks into the old boys club ;)

PS...told the hubs when she took the pole -- "now that is a pole dance I approve of"

shadowicewolf Proficient

No idea what i'm going to do for dinner.

Beef and rice soup maybe?

Adalaide Mentor

Catfish with a very mildly spicy tomato-y sauce type thing tonight over rice. Very yummy. Hubs is having a ham sandwich. :lol: The man has seriously busted taste buds. Oh well, I'll have an awesome lunch tomorrow.

Have a safe trip Irish! I'm sure that the sun and beach and dolphins and all that will do amazing things for you. We all can't wait to hear about it.

Adalaide Mentor

I was a day ahead of myself. I'm lucky I can even manage to remember how to tie my sneakers let alone figure out what day of the week it is! Tonight we're having pizza quesadillas. I can't wait. I'm so excited I want supper now.

GottaSki Mentor

hmmmm....pizza for dinner sounds perfect for the end of another busy day -- been in bed right after dinner last two nights -- nothing bad just tired from actually having life again!

Last night was Lamb Steaks with some sort of parsnip/sweet potato/garlic mashed dealio -- a new produce market opened up the road with a butcher conducting business in plain sight and didn't mind my inquistion and I met the owner of the egg farm talking to the owner of the new store in front of the egg counter and there were several types of oil that might be safe for me and they had 5 more types of squash that I don't see at Sprouts and they had a tea with guava leaf in it (a friend told me to look for guava leaves and white tea) -- a very good day for this shopper indeed!

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Ground lamb, with onions, mushrooms, zucchini, tomato with brown rice pasta (reintroduction on pasta, so fingers crossed).

Nice to be back. Had a week away, stayed with 3 different friends, and I did all my own cooking in their kitchens, with my own equipment. No glutening, yay!!!

IrishHeart Veteran

One last check in before we go, just  to say:

yaay for no glutenings on the road, Mindwarp, my buddyl!! good on you.

yaay for finding guava leaves and white tea, Ski!! Let's hope they do some magic. I'll find some in FLA.

and yaay for being a veteran and packing up a portable kitchen. This year was so simple compared to last year.

The traveling celiac? No problem!! LOL

I'm off. You all stay well!! xxoo 

GottaSki Mentor

Bon Voyage Irish and Welcome Home Mindwarp!

Yay for no glutenings on the road - always makes it that much more enjoyable to travel when gluten stays off our path :D

IH is correct -- my travel kitchen got packed in less than a half hour for camping last weekend -- first gluten-free trip took hours to plan and more to execute - and that was traveling to full kitchens.

Thanks to Addie, my family was very happy to hear I'll be making pizza this evening -- along with spaghetti and a nice colorfilled salad.

Dad is coming over and so is one of the sons new girlfriends -- should be interesting (uncomfortable for poor sweet girlfriend) for all, but at least I made Tiramisu with Schar Lady Fingers -- this not tasting crap I make is getting a bit old -- I get nervous every time I serve a new dessert because I hadn't tasted -- the Strawberry Heart Explosion Cake of Valentines was a huge success so hoping everyone likes this as well - we shall see.

Adalaide Mentor

Tiramisu? Can I come to your house?!?

Ok, so the whole pizza quesadilla thing was a whim. I wasn't sure it would work but I mean, what can't you put between two corn tortillas and fry? So, pizza sauce, pizza blend of cheese and diced pepperonis. I was worried it would be meh, or worse. Instead it is awesome! It is like a little mini thin crust pizza. The perfect gluten free version of English muffin pizzas imo. I think this may just become a weekly food. Or a lunch staple multiple times a week. There is no such thing as too much pizza, I could (and have in the past) eat it 7 days a week happily.

ETA: my husband insists I also share our official name for our new food. He has dubbed them pizzadillas. I don't care what they're called, just keep them coming!