This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

GottaSki Mentor

Everyone Welcome - for the next round of Tiramisu - recipe and taste right - says the expert at the table this eve - lol - I was actually a bit more worried about how long to soak the lady fingers - directions were unclear just said make sure the center wasn't still crunchy - soooo next time I know - double dunk in coffee should be perfect.

What I served was more like a Tirami-pudding ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

kareng Grand Master

One last check in before we go, just  to say:

and yaay for being a veteran and packing up a portable kitchen. This year was so simple compared to last year.

The traveling celiac? No problem!! LOL

! xxoo 

I have a plastic box that we just leave all the possible items I would want to travel with. I just have a big strong man get it down, and I can choose what I need. The Same big strong young man who bought me a grill spatula with a wooden handle and painted it red. I also have a plastic container with stuff for packing a lunch and extras. When you find a product you like, you got to buy extras. It has my freeze able lunch bags, salad containers, etc. I just traded the van in so I have to pack lighter!

Everyone Welcome - for the next round of Tiramisu - recipe and taste right - says the expert at the table this eve - lol - I was actually a bit more worried about how long to soak the lady fingers - directions were unclear just said make sure the center wasn't still crunchy - soooo next time I know - double dunk in coffee should be perfect.

What I served was more like a Tirami-pudding ;)

I have found many people willing to try my experimental desserts. To quote my parents " we'll try any dessert experiments!"

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

We had to trade our van last year too, so I was double proud I did it ok on my first trip where I couldn't just throw everything in!! I don't miss the repair bill, but it was kinda cool just throwing the stroller in the back without even folding :-):-)

Still contemplating dinner, but survived rice pasta yesterday fine. Lost 20lbs since 2 Jan and feeling good. 55 or so to go...

Adalaide Mentor

We're having pizza for our anniversary tonight. Nothing fancy or anything, we're just too much in love with pizza. :D He'll order out and I'll make my own. Well, sort of. I still have 2 Venice crusts in the freezer. Five years and I'm still madly in love and he's still hilarious. Don't tell him though, I keep the eyerolls coming to keep him on his toes with the jokes.

GottaSki Mentor

We're having pizza for our anniversary tonight. Nothing fancy or anything, we're just too much in love with pizza. :D He'll order out and I'll make my own. Well, sort of. I still have 2 Venice crusts in the freezer. Five years and I'm still madly in love and he's still hilarious. Don't tell him though, I keep the eyerolls coming to keep him on his toes with the jokes.

Happy 5th Anniversary to you both!

Enjoy your pizza night   : )

Woo happy anniversary :)

Have a wonderful evening x

IrishHeart Veteran

Addy, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, sweets! xx

K, my portable kitchen was devised by reading your suggestions last year and adding the Koolatron.

Plus, I also found a cool collapsible colander. Less awkward to transport.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00886546000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&kispla=00886546000P&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=30-121676474-2

So cool what they make now. 

Mindwarp! 20 lbs.--that's awesome, buddy. I'm over-the-moon for you. xx

Okay guys, we drove for 8 hours and we're in VA now. There is a Bonefish Grill across the street and this place GETS IT.

We were going to just heat up the stuffed peppers we brought, but it  seemed wrong not to take advantage of this safe gluten-free dining opportunity. 

I had:

Chilean sea bass with mango salsa

herbed rice

roasted asparagus

and then, I had the nerve to have some

creme brulee.

:)

I'll probably sleep like a log.  

Ski, all's well so far. Just a tad "ouchy" from the long car ride, but they have a hot tub in the hotel and I'm going to get in it right now. ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IH, that sounds sooooo good :)

Turkey breast steak wrapped in prosciutto, with an egg, carrots and broccoli. Looking forward to the weekend, have a good one everyone

Adalaide Mentor

I wouldn't have resisted creme brulee myself. It is a vacation after all.

Today was supposed to be my last day babysitting, as the little guy was starting at a daycare to get some social skills. He spent the day home instead. I have burnt myself out getting his stuff all packed up for his mom to pick up so instead of pizza leftover for lunch tomorrow, we're just having them tonight. If I get super ambitious, I'll reheat them in the oven instead of the microwave.

This is my last sleeping in weekend. Starting next Saturday I'm starting this food co-op thing that requires me to pick up my fruit/veggies at seven-o-freaking-clock in the morning. On a Saturday. It is practically criminal! And if I want to be a semi-decent human being and volunteer.... I have to show up an entire hour earlier. Who thinks up these times?!?! I just keep telling myself I'll save buttloads of money and I have nothing better to do. (except sleep)

So yes, bring on the weekend!

GottaSki Mentor

Zipity Do Da!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I consumed my first legume in 18 months - thus far (3 hours post consumption and I am fine) -- Shroomie you got your ears on?

I soaked and rinsed red lentils within an inch of their life for 48 hours -- added bone broth, garlic, ginger and onion for 45 mins -- then added good helping of salt, pepper and cilantro.

Dinner included some other stuff -- oh ya steak and asparagus....but, but, but I ate a lentil.....can you feel the happy dance - and this is with only one glass of Zin --- going to pour another and keep dancing :)

Juliebove Rising Star

I had bean with bacon soup.  Made a big pot of it on Monday but starting to get a tad sick of it by now.  Still have another serving.  Too bad daughter doesn't like it.

IrishHeart Veteran

I think I just heard a squeal of delight over here in my hotel in Georgia. Was it the sound of victory over 'da lentils? :lol:

I had white beans in a white chili last night that we brought with us, so I see your lentil and raise you a white bean.

Lisa, this is how we reclaim our lives--one stinkin legume at a time! :) 

So excited for you, sweets ---- and I just danced around the lobby.

J sends a  Whoohoo to you too! xx

GottaSki Mentor

Happy Dance continues this morning -- it is a double legume happy dance...can't believe how happy my red lentils and Irish's white beans have made me :)

Dinner tonight will be more lentils and some meat and some vegies.

Haven't had chocolate mousse type substance in awhile -- big batch of that too.

and dear sister delivered three pounds of bacon for me to turn into RBJ -- house is going to smell yummy today!

kareng Grand Master

Last night we had - Dali chicken, Pepper steak, Schezuan Beef, fried rice, & egg drop soup.  It was M's 17th Birthday and we went to Pf Changs!  They even brought him a little gluten-free flourless choclate cake with a candle.

Not sure what we are eating tonight.  Too much snow left to grill outside.  :angry:

You ladies with the beans - Take it easy there!  Hate to see you overindulge!  You got a designated driver?  :D

mushroom Proficient

WoooHooo, Lisa-gal.  Way to GO!!!!  So happy for you.  Now don't go overdoin' them lentils, restrain yourself!!!!  The way to keep 'em is by giving them away ^_^   Jig-a-jig-jig!!!!  :D

Legumetastic news there ski!

I had roast chicken, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, mangetout and ...my 1st white potato this year! That was 2 hours ago, so we''ll see if I am a zombie tomorrow. It was baked and crispy and soft and fluffy.

Gaining things back really makes you appreciate the simple things.

notme Experienced

happy anniversary!!  :)

kareng Grand Master

I think we will have calzones with spinach and a soft cheese like Boursin if I see it. And a " regular" Chebe focaccia moz & feta pizza.

alex11602 Collaborator

Bacon, egg and cheese on Udi's bagel for the girlies and I tonight:)

GottaSki Mentor

WoooHooo, Lisa-gal.  Way to GO!!!!  So happy for you.  Now don't go overdoin' them lentils, restrain yourself!!!!  The way to keep 'em is by giving them away ^_^   Jig-a-jig-jig!!!!  :D

I still feel great...but there has been a bit of gas -- wow just realizing how little gas has been generated the way i have been eating the past year or so...I don't miss it and I'm sure my honey has not missed it...limiting my little lentil friends to once a week or so ;)

Adalaide Mentor

Lentils sound yummy! I haven't had any in a while, I think I'll make a lentil loaf this week. Glad that you can have them. And now you have a weapon of war too. :lol: Thanks for the idea.

It isn't just getting back foods, but celiac in general makes you appreciate the little things. Every little food. Every little activity. Every last win and victory we have. Every day there is a reason to celebrate. :D

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Everyone wanna reason to celebrate? Well, everyone that can tolerate eggs, dairy, and tapioca flour

that is..... Sorry. :ph34r: 

I took Addy's cheese bread and fried it in a pan like crepes. CAN YOU SAY TORTILLAS? For

softer results, use very low heat and cover the pan. For crispy, crunchy, taco-shell-like deliciousness

turn it up a little and fry uncovered. I added salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little basil (not sure why

just felt right lol) I ate the first few as they came out of the pan... You can make them tiny like an egg or

huge like the size of my big deep-sided fry pan. They turn beautifully once the bottom has crisped up.

Having the last big one I made with sunnyside eggs on it right now. Oh, and I made it with romano

cheese and was far too lazy to mix it up in a blender, I just mixed it in my pyrex glass thing with the

spout with a spoon. I used olive oil spray to grease the pan, no sticking at all in my stainless.

Addy is my hero.

Adalaide Mentor

Frying them? That is brilliant!!! OMG I know what's for breakfast.

Oh, and I'll bet any old milk type thing and fake cheese would work for people who are into that sort of thing.

Woohoo, I am not a zombie this morning, white potatoes are back in :)

Mind you, withover 50lbs still to lose, not too often. I have worked out that I need more carbs in the few days before my period, so that will make it a bit easier.

Yes Addy, everything is appreciated more. I am thankful I can now wallk regularly, and have the energy to play with my little ones :)

GottaSki Mentor

Bunny Yay!

I can't eat them yet, but my sons will be extremely happy to try them...so thanks to you and Addie - I've been making crepes as substitute flour tortillas - they are alright but am excited too hear of another option!

And yes this flipping disease does make us appreciate everything - painless steps are my favorite which is close to a tie with finding out I might finally get a few foods back after four years of continually losing foods!

Lentils may have made me a bit tired as most legumes do, but I did have a very restful sleep - early here so I'm going to dream up a nice Sunday dinner for my family - Dad joining us twice a week since Mom's in the hospital - thinking Santa Maria Style TriTip - possibly with quesadillas and a bluberry cheesecake :)

Edited to add....Today is the fourth anniversary of the day I first learned the words Celiac Disease and Tissue Transglutaminase IgA....wow what a ride it has been -- off to walk six miles in celebration :D

Edited by GottaSki