This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Life is good :)

Fantastic that it is for some of you too :)

(Fingers crossed for those who are on the way to good)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

IrishHeart Veteran

I agree! Life is very good indeed!

Well, I liked that pot roast in the slow cooker thinger so much, it's happening again today.  :D

We've got a new fridge coming today (the last thing I am buying for the new owners; they can replace the cabinets!)

I have some gardening to do and I have hundred off books and CDs to sort through, donate, pack up or throw.

It seems these things multiply like tribbles. :blink:

notme Experienced

Oh i wish i could have some of the stuff you guys are making. Too busy to cook at the moment.

I've got... 3-6 papers to do (ranging from 2 -21 pages), going over homework i thought i was fully completed, studying for three finals, and doing one take home final.

This stupid cold really set me back. I had planned on doing most of the papers this past week, but no <_<

I'm not much of a procrastinator though. I get a lot of homework during the week and weekend. And reading. Lots and lots of reading.

shadow:  you sound like my daughter right now.  i had never heard of "dead week" lolz - she will be done with this semester (for the summer, i think!) on friday.  in the meantime, i am trying not to distract her.  feel better!!  you will do great  :)

notme Experienced

cool!!!!

gotta try this soon :)

we *do* play with our food, don't we?!! :D  i'm now thinking i could probably use kind of the same technique, except with lasagne noodles, cut them into rectangles and fill with egg roll filling.  they would be still sticky enough to hold together, i think, and then fry the whole mess in olive  canola oil.  (one of these days ima get another deep fryer)

i feel a kitchen-wrecking coming on ;)

(edited to change olive to canola oil)

kareng Grand Master

Oh wow, that came out good. I subbed 1/2 a cup of olive oil for the stick of butter required. While you can kinda taste the oil, its a heck of a lot lighter than the butter version. I only added butter to the crumble on top.

Olive oil can have a strong flavor.  Light olive oil might be better in baking.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/10292274?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227009158600&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=18121339870&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

kareng Grand Master

Last night we had chicken tacos and this veggie mix  http://www.walmart.com/ip/C-W-Ultimate-Southwest-Blend-Vegetable-Stand-Combinations-14-oz/10791050

It was quite tasty and simple veggie mix.

Adalaide Mentor

Glad your slow cooker thinger is getting some use! Mine is today with a pork roast. I'll also be picking up some Panela at the market and making some fried cheese to use up that berry mustard sauce.

One of these days I'll get up the guts to try different types of beans. The few I have tried have all turned out badly and right now I'm just no up to losing my vision to a bean again. Stoopid beans. <_<

Aaaaaand..... I got rang out of bed at 10 o'freakin'clock in the morning today for an interview! Woohoo! It is only as a backup secretary so it is super super part time, but that is probably all I am up to just now and it will probably suit me just fine. It is also what I went to freakin college for so I'm thrilled at the shot. I'm crossing my fingers. :D Life is in fact good. Except the no chocolate part, which is a rule I will break quite happily to celebrate today if I land a new job.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

notme Experienced

yay, addy!!!!  :lol: hope you get it!

IrishHeart Veteran

Aaaaaand..... I got rang out of bed at 10 o'freakin'clock in the morning today for an interview! Woohoo! It is only as a backup secretary so it is super super part time, but that is probably all I am up to just now and it will probably suit me just fine. It is also what I went to freakin college for so I'm thrilled at the shot. I'm crossing my fingers. :D Life is in fact good. Except the no chocolate part, which is a rule I will break quite happily to celebrate today if I land a new job.

whoohoo!! Go get 'em girl! and if you get it, we'll all have chocolate!!

shadowicewolf Proficient

shadow:  you sound like my daughter right now.  i had never heard of "dead week" lolz - she will be done with this semester (for the summer, i think!) on friday.  in the meantime, i am trying not to distract her.  feel better!!  you will do great   :)

Yep, its the week before finals.

I'm making mac and cheese to go with my cake. Some sort of veggie with it as well.

Adalaide Mentor

I guess I'll know tomorrow or Wednesday if I'm employed or not. I can wait. I think. Patience and I still have not become friends.

I tasted a little piece of my panela since this is the first time I bought this type of fresh cheese and it is really good. I can't wait to fry it later. I think I'll probably just do some fried zucchini while I'm frying things. I guess the benefit of having to go with fresh cheese or no cheese is that it is the only cheese good for frying since it doesn't melt. Sucks to be mac & cheese free though. I'm seriously wondering if panela would work for a grilled cheese sandwich.

Where is everyone?

Lamb rice carrots green beans.

Adalaide Mentor

In hiding. I've been debating all day what I'll feel like eating. I think I may just be able to eat real food tonight. Yay! I'm surprised that a lot of the sensitivity I had with the temp bridge is gone with the real one in place. That doesn't help with the muscle and joint pain I still have, but that is still every so slooooooooowly improving. So, since I think I can manage real food I think I'll just reheat the leftover pork roast in the fridge and think up some sides to go with it.

IrishHeart Veteran

. That doesn't help with the muscle and joint pain I still have, but that is still every so slooooooooowly improving.

I think I know why  ;)  hang in there.

I am making a pork tenderloin, baked sweet potatoes with drizzled maple syrup and some roasted asparagus.

I never get tired of asparagus. Sorry, I just don't, even if it makes yer pee smell funny.  :lol:

GottaSki Mentor

Here I am!

yesterday was a tough one so I was in bed before dinner --- delaying the onion soup once again -- hubby made chicken and baby brussels for me  :wub:

tonight is finally french onion soup a la peter -- steaks on the side

kareng Grand Master

I haven't made that soup yet. It better be good....everyone is making it! :)

Finally have nice weather! Last night I made a stir fry and hub grilled some steaks to plop in it! Tonight will be encores of various things or a PB&J. We have a lacrosse game. Not sure I will be able to watch if its not cold and windy.

notme Experienced

must be something in the water.  i had a rough one yesterday, too   :(

1.    :angry:

2.    :angry:

3.  it can stop raining now please   :ph34r:

heating up some lef d'ouvres.  doing my nails <therapy.... 

edited to say:  pink toenails are the cure for almost everything  :)  THE SUN'LL COME OUT!  TOMORROW!!!  LALALALALAAAA!  lolz peace out

shadowicewolf Proficient

In hiding. I've been debating all day what I'll feel like eating. I think I may just be able to eat real food tonight. Yay! I'm surprised that a lot of the sensitivity I had with the temp bridge is gone with the real one in place. That doesn't help with the muscle and joint pain I still have, but that is still every so slooooooooowly improving. So, since I think I can manage real food I think I'll just reheat the leftover pork roast in the fridge and think up some sides to go with it.

That's how i was when i went through braces and all the stuff that goes with it. It would go from the hurts to much to chew stage to oh its not so bad stage. Ditto on the jaw pain.

On a dinner related note, i think i got something on one of the stoves burners. Pew it sure stunk the room up.

IrishHeart Veteran

edited to say:  pink toenails are the cure for almost everything   :)  

Indeedy. I've got mine on, sister. ;)

It has been gorgeous here!! 75 and sunny. I mowed the front 1/2 acre and the maples have opened and our apple trees are in bloom and I kinda teared up. it's the last time I will see it.

This is a mixed bag of emotions I have going on.

Adalaide Mentor

Indeedy. I've got mine on, sister. ;)

It has been gorgeous here!! 75 and sunny. I mowed the front 1/2 acre and the maples have opened and our apple trees are in bloom and I kinda teared up. it's the last time I will see it.

This is a mixed bag of emotions I have going on.

You will have a beautiful new world to experience and explore. For every ending there is a new beginning also.

Our power went out in a storm this evening so there was no cooking to be done. Desperate and bored we headed to the $1 theater. (Yes, we have one of those!) We stopped at a health food store so I could get a snack since I was starving and I ended up with a bag of popcorn. Hahaha! When we got home we had power so I had a mildly more healthy late dinner as planned but with just a microwaved tater for a side since I ate half the bag of popcorn. :ph34r:

I also have a thing for pink nails. I just wish I could talk my husband into painting them for me!

I like gold toenails for summer :)

It is OK to feel a bit sad too IH, it means you have good memories to take with you (and they take up less boxes than the books...)

Grey and gloomy day here, but we had a week of sunshine before

Have a good one everyone x

IrishHeart Veteran

You will have a beautiful new world to experience and explore. For every ending there is a new beginning also.

I also have a thing for pink nails. I just wish I could talk my husband into painting them for me!

Yes, that's true, Addy and I loves me a new adventure!  and for a second, I thought that sentence was going to say you wished you could talk the hubs into painting his toenails

It is OK to feel a bit sad too IH, it means you have good memories to take with you (and they take up less boxes than the books...)

Grey and gloomy day here, but we had a week of sunshine before

Have a good one everyone x

We do have a boatload of wonderful memories of this place, It has been our little paradise on earth.. I will miss my bunnies, the deer, and all the flora and fauna. (i will not miss the sloppy muddy dirt road in spring, the excessive wood stove dust, the snow or the rude new neighbors that have taken over the road at all. ) Time for new memories to be made. :)

Adalaide Mentor

Nobody ever misses wood stove dust, but you'll find that on occasion when you're far away from there and happen to catch a wisp of a wood stove burning it will immediately bring to mind pictures of "home." Even if home is thousands of miles away now. At least... it has worked that way for me and nearly a decade hasn't changed that.

My husband, very fortunately, no longer has 10 toenails. He had chronic ingrown toenails on two toes and finally a doctor was able to get them to stop growing. We are both so relieved by that!

Tonight will be an easy dinner. Pork loin! I could eat pork until I ate the world out of pigs I think. I start working this afternoon. The accountant (who happens to be my best friend) is coming to my house and we are delving into the companies accounts for a few hours. Then on her way home she is dropping me off at a memorial service. I guess somewhere in there I have to find time to stuff food in my face. Still trying to decide what to take to the memorial service. I may make those mini apple muffins this morning and if they are good I'll take those. If not I'll probably easy road it with Crunchmasters and cheddar.

GottaSki Mentor

My toenails are still cobalt blue -- I started wearing them in support of the local newscaster's 'blue on you' campaign and have now added more glitter and little stars -- they make me happy -- healing color or not -- i'm keeping them -- off to buy another bottle of revlon's glitter with little stars and moons in them :)

French Onion Soup was great -- especially because we are having surprising gray and rainy weather here -- I love it -- everyone else in SD is whining -- I just smile as I run by -- yes...I said run -- seems my lungs are quite happy with the clean cool air and have allowed me to run 2 miles this morning!!!

Tonight is spaghetti...made humungous pot of tomato sauce last week -- everyone loved it as they had been surviving oh prego during my down time -- so i defrosted enough for spaghetti tonight and lasagna in a couple nights.

notme Experienced

that was my other choice!  next round will be gold, i think :)

My husband, very fortunately, no longer has 10 toenails. He had chronic ingrown toenails on two toes and finally a doctor was able to get them to stop growing. We are both so relieved by that!

but now he can only count to 18!!   :P  <a little tennessee humor for ya there 

-- everyone else in SD is whining -- I just smile as I run by -- yes...I said run -- seems my lungs are quite happy with the clean cool air and have allowed me to run 2 miles this morning!!!

run!?  on purpose??  i only run when somebody's chasing me  :o  although my brother went and bought a badminton set.  this is either gonna be great or terrible lolz  :D

i am leaning toward mushroom swiss burgers for dinner.  and i have some bok choy left so probably put a salad together with some almonds and crunchy 'tink' noodles i have left < those things keep pretty well, too, btw.  i usually make more than i need and you don't have to refrigerate or freeze them)  apple cider vinegarette and some mandarin oranges for the hubs.  

sounds like you are getting our weather from yesterday, irish.  i miss my fireplace insert/woodstove thingy every time my neighbor starts a fire in her fireplace i can smell it....