This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

IrishHeart Veteran

I use the Chebe dough sometimes and I baste it with a garlic-olive oil infusion before I add my toppings and it lightly browns and yet, is still chewy. I give it a good dose of basil and oregano, too

I do not add extra cheese to the dough--it really does not need it. IMHO

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

kareng Grand Master
IrishHeart Veteran

I dunno....maybe we are slow learners.. :D and how about this one I just heard about...

http://www.glutenfreeblondie.com/2013/04/recipe-gluten-free-matzo-crackers.html

GottaSki Mentor

I dunno, but I know what I'm making one day this week....awesome and I was right...my kitchen smells like yummy baked beans and son arrived home - sniffed and knew right away....yay - we got bush's back baby -- well they did -- I'll probably have a spoonful -- last bean experiment put me right to sleep -- but hey - I'm ready for a good night's rest  :P

Geoff Griffith Newbie

Cauliflower mash cover by 5 grilled jerk shrimp. Topped it off with a mango salsa.

kareng Grand Master

Food we have had the last few days:

Steak on the grill with veggie ( potato, red pep, sweet onion & pineapple) kabobs - marinated in San-J Teryaki

Thai chicken pizza - tomato based BBQ. Sauce topped with grilled chicken, moz, small pieces of broc - when it comes out, top with a generous drizzle of spicy peanut sauce and crushed peanuts

BBQ chicken pizza - BBQ sauce moz and cheddar, grilled chicken, red onions

Steak on the grill with foil packets of russet potato slices, corn and margarine ( butter tends to burn and stick)

Tonight- Smoked pork served on Udis whole grain buns with BBQ sauce, Ruffles, Cheesy corn bake, carrots and celery sticks & PB choc chip cookies

Steak salad with the left over steak - with some local sheep cheese

Pasta with popped tomato sauce and arugula and turkey Ital sausage

Didn't do the beans, maybe tomorrow night with burgers and lemon brownies

GottaSki Mentor

Food we have had the last few days:

Steak on the grill with veggie ( potato, red pep, sweet onion & pineapple) kabobs - marinated in San-J Teryaki

Thai chicken pizza - tomato based BBQ. Sauce topped with grilled chicken moz, small pieces of broc - when it comes out, top with a generous drizzle of spicy peanut sauce and crushed peanuts

BBQ chicken pizza - BBQ sauce moz and cheddar, grilled chicken, red onions

Steak on the grill with foil packets of russet potato slices, corn and margarine ( butter tends to burn and stick)

Tonight- Smoked pork served on Udis whole grain buns with BBQ sauce, Ruffles, Cheesy corn bake, carrots and celery sticks & PB choc chip cookies

Steak salad with the left over steak - with some local sheep cheese

Pasta with popped tomato sauce and arugula and turkey Ital sausage

Didn't do the beans, maybe tomorrow night with burgers and lemon brownies

Yum, yum, yum...I think I'll just send my crew to KC!!!

Should you do the beans manana -- I am told this batch was my best -- could be a case of absence makes the heart....

but here is the newest rendition:

2/3 of an industrial sized Bush's

1/3 bottle cheap maple syrup

small red onion chopped - never seen one this small -- so maybe 1/4 of a reg red onion

mixed in large rectangle/lasagna pan

top with 1/2 to 1 pound of bacon - raw strips cut in thirds

Bake at --- here is the change to deal with my silly heat issue -- Bake at 200 for 4-5 hours and then 350 for the last 15-20 mins to make extra crispy bacon -- everyone swears these were better than remembered -- The original recipe is two hours at 350 and works great too.

I had heat issues today so didn't make desert...Dad's neighbor dropped by with a coconut cream pie that he, My Mom :wub: , my sis and my honey enjoyed....then I threw all the placemats an napkins in the wash -- thinking lemon brownies would have been easier ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

Yum, yum, yum...I think I'll just send my crew to KC!!!

Should you do the beans manana -- I am told this batch was my best -- could be a case of absence makes the heart....

but here is the newest rendition:

2/3 of an industrial sized Bush's

1/3 bottle cheap maple syrup

small red onion chopped - never seen one this small -- so maybe 1/4 of a reg red onion

mixed in large rectangle/lasagna pan

top with 1/2 to 1 pound of bacon - raw strips cut in thirds

Bake at --- here is the change to deal with my silly heat issue -- Bake at 200 for 4-5 hours and then 350 for the last 15-20 mins to make extra crispy bacon -- everyone swears these were better than remembered -- The original recipe is two hours at 350 and works great too.

I had heat issues today so didn't make desert...Dad's neighbor dropped by with a coconut cream pie that he, My Mom :wub: , my sis and my honey enjoyed....then I threw all the placemats an napkins in the wash -- thinking lemon brownies would have been easier ;)

How big is an industrial can of beans? What is your silly heat issue? That you can't be hot? Just crank up the AC or go to the basement or other room.

GottaSki Mentor

lol...I have an allergic-type reaction to heat or exercise.....my body's inability to process histamine...only AC here by the beach is in my car -- not very safe to drive when hopped up on benedryl to counter the silly reactions going on.

point of earlier post was....I adjusted my "classic 1930's gas oven to a lower temp and the beans were better than ever -- hope that makes sense...if not, will adjust with clear head in the morning.

GottaSki Mentor

oh the industrial sized is the size at Smart and Final or Costco......in the past I used two of the extra large cans from the grocery store.

Adalaide Mentor

oh the industrial sized is the size at Smart and Final or Costco......in the past I used two of the extra large cans from the grocery store.

I believe this is what any of us familiar with food service would refer to as a #10 can.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Hi Geoff

That sounds tasty!

Welcome to to the dinner chat :)

We had a rice spaghetti carbonara last night, yum.

Roast chicken tonight.

IrishHeart Veteran

Cauliflower mash cover by 5 grilled jerk shrimp. Topped it off with a mango salsa.

OMG!! there's a man in the chat house...and he knows how to cook!! 

chef-smiley-emoticon.gif

whoohoooo! we salute you!

ladies-night-out-smiley-emoticon.gif

rock on!!

welcome, Geoff....so, do you like BACON, by any chance? 

GottaSki Mentor

Happy Memorial Day Dinner Peeps!

Proud niece of my dear Uncle Jack today as he will serve as Grand Marshall of the Hurley, New York Memorial Day Parade.  I plan to ride to Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery this morning -- I ride and walk there regularly a it is one the most beautiful spots in all of San Diego.

Now for this bean non-sense --

I donned gloves and grabbed the original recipe outta the gluten filled recipe box to write the original here...all my doctoring was disussed yesterday:

1 Tall Can Van DeKamps Pork n' Beans

1/3 Cup dry instant onion

Maple Syrup - any cheap kind (no quantity given) about 1/3 to 1/2 cup

Striping Bacon

Combine in 2 1/2 quart cassorole, top with bacon

Bake at 350 until bacon brown ~2 hours.

Edited to ADD -- I used VanDeKamps one time back in the late 80s ---- have used Bush's Original along with fresh red onion ever since...doctor however you wish -- just do not omit the bacon ;)

Edited by GottaSki
IrishHeart Veteran

..........ok, now, I want beans. :lol:  good morning sunshine!!

I think we're going to have BBQ ribs, chicken and your quickie beans tonight, but NO more cake.

I will use diced onions and "not cheap" maple syrup, though. We have some from a local guy down the road

(just across the border) in VT who taps his trees.

For Sat. dinner with J's Aunt Ann,  I made  vanilla cake,added a dollop of homemade vanilla bean ice cream , some crushed fresh pineapple and some bourbon vanilla-spiked whipped cream. I gave her a few pieces of the cake, but had some left and It called to me last night and I made a quick chocolate ganache and topped it with coconut.  OINK!

yup, this getting back into a Bikini diet works great!!

GottaSki Mentor

Welcome Geoff -- that looks fantastic....

Shrimp for us tonight -- not sure where I got that idea ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

Welcome Geoff -- that looks fantastic....

Shrimp for us tonight -- not sure where I got that idea ;)

oh dear, we are prone to subliminal behavior modification aren't we? :lol:

love2travel Mentor

Alone tonight so am having mixed baby greens with toasted pepitas, almonds, dried apricots, Parmesan shards and orange Dijon vinaigrette.  Am also making rosemary focaccia to dip into grassy, peppery green Croatian olive oil with a generous sprinkling of Mediterranean sea salt.

notme Experienced

just got back from camping last night - what a crazy weekend - we had sooooooo many people :)  i was in meemo heaven with all the grandkids in one spot.  yesterday,, the 2 oldest took them all to gatlinburg so we had a nice, peaceful day.  to clean everything up lolz

we had my husband's favorite jerk chicken

macaroni salad

marinated coleslaw 

ambrosia (hold the coconut)

my sister made this amazing broccoli salad that i couldn't eat 

tater salad, tater salad and german tater salad

deviled eggs

steak kabobs

the obligatory burgers and dogs

and all the fixins etc etc

i stayed up late.  i broke all my nails.  i lost $ on the race.  

i played kickball.  

PereczJ Newbie

Gluten-free pizza. The pasta is made of cauliflower with only a little gluten-free flour. it delicious with mozzarella and ham. :)

GottaSki Mentor

just got back from camping last night - what a crazy weekend - we had sooooooo many people :)  i was in meemo heaven with all the grandkids in one spot.  yesterday,, the 2 oldest took them all to gatlinburg so we had a nice, peaceful day.  to clean everything up lolz

i stayed up late.  i broke all my nails.  i lost $ on the race.  

i played kickball.  

AWESOME Weekend -- yay for all -- especially that you could do all that including KICKball :D

So I ran out of time to pick up Shrimp yesterday so did it this morning -- Shrimp tonight :)

Last night we had BBQ Boneless Chicken Breasts with scrumpdilitious mac and cheese -- I ate some of it -- not a terrible outcome -- just a little bloating and a bit more achy then usual this morning after a nice Benedryl deep sleep ;)  Think I'll wait a bit before I try to eat that many histamine inducing foods in one day again!

Have to jump thru multiple insurance hoops for Mom today then Son is taking me and my Sis to the fancy movie theater -- can't wait to sit and veg for two hours.

Oh and the best part of the weekend -- hubby took pitty on me as my saltwater swimming pool project keeps getting put on the back burner each time my folk call.  He leveled groomed the dirt, installed the new liner (looks like river rock - huge improvement) and got the plumbing all taken care of...I was able to jump into my salt water pool twice to cool down yesterday - once after my bike ride and once after taking care of folks and other sit which got me over heated -- YAY for my hubs :D

love2travel Mentor

Slight change in plans.  My poor body is hurting like mad after planting some containers with flowers so I opted to eat an ENTIRE 8" focaccia!  I could not help myself.  Then I had about a billion cherries and several hundred green pearl grapes.  No D yet!  :mellow:

notme Experienced

AWESOME Weekend -- yay for all -- especially that you could do all that including KICKball :D

i gotta say it:  i kind of teared up a little - you guys really understand what it's like to not be able to do anything (or have the energy, ambition or courage) that requires effort.  i am seriously not feeling like i was hit by a truck!  it's amazing  :)  was a little tired of doing things yesterday but all in all i was active most of the whole three days!

great to hear about mac & cheese 'experiment' lolz and the pool - gotta treat that hubs extra special, wink wink nudge nudge :)  it's finally hot enough here for us to be inclined to take a dip.  

notme Experienced

Slight change in plans.  My poor body is hurting like mad after planting some containers with flowers so I opted to eat an ENTIRE 8" focaccia!  I could not help myself.  Then I had about a billion cherries and several hundred green pearl grapes.  No D yet!  :mellow:

GOOD NESS, love2!  that was extreme!  LOLOLZ :D

GottaSki Mentor

Soooo son that is learning to cook reacted to his first batch of chili -- not sure what happened...we checked the canned beans we used for gluten...but the white beans were seasoned -- today was chili cookoff 2.0 -- we used kidney and white beans from dry -- this batch looks even better...happy that he wanted to try again so soon after the first batch.

Making honey cornbread now...happy men ahead :)