This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

IrishHeart Veteran

. So screw this feeling bad bulls$#& on a day I have plans.

hat.gif

go get 'em champ!

(committing emoticon theft  just like SKI does....thanks MW... :lol:)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Adalaide Mentor

hat.gif

go get 'em champ!

(committing emoticon theft  just like SKI does....thanks MW... :lol:)

That seems pretty common around here. We're all going to smiley face jail.

You know it took me a while to realize that today is actually Wednesday. I'm a little slow sometimes. So Happy Birthday Mr. Ski! And Irish's dad too. I guess it was a good day to be born.

IrishHeart Veteran

That seems pretty common around here. We're all going to smiley face jail.

You know it took me a while to realize that today is actually Wednesday. I'm a little slow sometimes. So Happy Birthday Mr. Ski! And Irish's dad too. I guess it was a good day to be born.

innocent.gif

notme Experienced

lolz!  y'all are out of control ;)

had to take my sweetheart to the emergency room today - he bashed his knee unloading and had to have stitches.  i usually have to threaten him to make him seek medical care.  luckily, my neighbor was already here to watch the kids.  and it wasn't as bad as last time  :blink:  but i didn't make it to the farmer's market :(  

anyways, shrimp w/cherry tomatoes, garlic & lemon/wine sauce 

rice noodles

bossy beans (omgosh too delicious right out of the garden) with butter

tomorrow i deal with mr. "i'm fiiiiine" and try to make him sit still for at least ONE day and let his boo-boo coagulate.....  he's already been in the pool (HE STAYED ON THE FLOAT!  HONEST!)  <haha i don't believe it and he must be watched like a hawk lolz   <_<

Adalaide Mentor

omg men are worse than toddlers when they're hurt or sick. They take one of two routes, either "I'm fiiiiiiine" or "oooooohhhhhhhh I feel like I'm gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!" And they'll lie like a brat with a hand in the cookie jar the second they're doing something they shouldn't. Good luck with that tomorrow. You could always tie him to the chair or handcuff him to something... as long as there isn't any company around. :ph34r:

At least you got him to get the stitches without having to bash him in the head and leave him with two wounds needing stitches. :lol: And hey, you got home in time to get a good dinner together too so not bad there.

IrishHeart Veteran

"oooooohhhhhhhh I feel like I'm gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!"

My father used to lie in bad and whine for his Mama when he was sick with just a cold and we would all crack up at him. LOL (yet he never complained once during all those years of feeling bad from anemia and getting transfusions--go figure) 

My guy just moans and gets angry that he has been indisposed and wants to be left alone which is fine because he is one cranky SOB when is he is sick--which happens once a decade, thank God. Yet, he is not a complainer about anything else & he has the most easy going disposition. (which is partly why I married him as  I do not like whiners) 

Even if it is just a cold, he feels as if it is the biggest imposition on his life and how dare it happen to him!! When I was sick for so long, he told me

he would have taken the .22 to himself rather than put up with all I put up with....

I am going with burgers  and some asparagus tonight and I think that's it. We need to lose a few lbs. around here...seriously.

Adalaide Mentor

I have four cupcakes left, so I need to make sure those get disappeared before the end of the day. No worrying about pounds here today!

I don't feel any worse today than I did yesterday even with the ham and Brazilian cheesebread last night, so I'm as much a happy camper as can be this morning dragging myself from bed. That said, I've got my aches and pains to work out yet so I'll be sipping my white tea today like a mad woman, and taking it easy. My husband can have leftover ham and garlic roasted taters for dinner. I will have chicken something, I'm not pushing my luck. I will lie to myself and keep repeating that ham once was enough to satisfying me until I start to believe it.

Oh, and the girls last night could not say enough things about how amazing the cupcakes were! My secret though? They were not exactly homemade. :ph34r: I will probably begin attempting next month (after I have had time to work off this dozen) to replicate these cupcakes. I can't complain too much though, even at $6 for the mix. Gluten eaters loved them and if I had scooped more carefully it would have made a full dozen instead of 11 which made them right about 50 cents a cupcake. I still have to say though, I am beyond shocked that my "rawr I'm a man" caveman type husband just can't get enough of lavender cupcakes. :lol:

http://www.wholesomechow.com/gluten-free-lavender-cake-mix.html

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

notme Experienced

You could always tie him to the chair or handcuff him to something... as long as there isn't any company around. :ph34r:

lolz addie!  it's a trap!!!   :o  ("step one, lacerate knee.........")   :lol:

When I was sick for so long, he told me

he would have taken the .22 to himself rather than put up with all I put up with....

RIGHT?!  mine said that too!!  what *IS* that?   sheesh! 

love2travel Mentor

I am making a big batch of Bolognese to go with homemade millet and buckwheat pasta. Am dog/house sitting and came into town to cook. We will have roasted fennel. Blueberries for dessert.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

love2!!!! I was wondering where you were, nice to see you :)

I wonder who might want to thief this one?

jiraf.gif

IrishHeart Veteran

jiraf.gif

whoa!!!!!!!! he is awesome (you like this don't you, MW?? ) hehehehe

YO ADDY........LOOKEELOU!!!!!!!!

and those cupcakes sound delicious...(NO) thanks for the link--just what I need(Not)  a good source

for  more baked goodies :ph34r: signed, the Chubster McLard Butt

IrishHeart Veteran

I am making a big batch of Bolognese to go with homemade millet and buckwheat pasta. Am dog/house sitting and came into town to cook. We will have roasted fennel. Blueberries for dessert.

I knew you went into the countryside, but I was not sure how long you'd be gone this time....how's Bingley doing? missing Momma? LOL

I love Bolognese...mmmmm

GottaSki Mentor

Well the Big 5-0 Celebration is done -- oh wait -- bring on Father's Day!

Happy Belated Birthday and Happy Father's Day to IH's Pop -- bet they have great cake up there :)

994154_10151977425543574_149935566_n.webp

Those without potty mouths...please disregard the following photo of 'Mr Ski's' (he loves being called that now) ridiculously large birthday card.....

10551_1382858301927864_1183081490_n.webp

GottaSki Mentor

jiraf.gif

Had to steal Addie's friend here...too stinking cute...thanks MW :D

notme Experienced

LOL !  that is ridiculously large!!  love it, love it!  mr. ski must be feeling the love :)  billy's b-day is the 28th but has another year til he's the big 5-0.  i just turned 50 (very quietly shhh..!) in feb, so he teases me until june that he is 2 years younger than me.  little brat......   :ph34r:

GottaSki Mentor

LOL !  that is ridiculously large!!  love it, love it!  mr. ski must be feeling the love :)  billy's b-day is the 28th but has another year til he's the big 5-0.  i just turned 50 (very quietly shhh..!) in feb, so he teases me until june that he is 2 years younger than me.  little brat......   :ph34r:

I'm the brat...two years younger than hubs now -- he teases me for three weeks outta the year that he is only one year older -- just keep living in that land of make believe Mr. Ski!!!

Ps...and a belated Happy Fuck Fifty to you too!  Hubs folks and their friends had Fuck Forty parties -- but they had cleaver tshirts made that the logo was a pretty drawing of the FF words so the young kids had no clue what the peeps were wearing -- until they all drank too much and kept saying it out - very - loud ;)

Edited by GottaSki
IrishHeart Veteran

:lol: Love the card! It's exactly what I said when I turned 50. -_-

Glad you all had so much fun!!!

(and If my Pops is eating cake up there, he is doing it with a scotch in the other hand and chatting up Shroomie.)

Adalaide Mentor

jiraf.gif

I don't know where found him but :wub:

I hope I have that much spunk at 50. I think I'm probably well on my way though. :D

IrishHeart Veteran

Spunk does not diminish with age...it grows. :D You'll be fine. Maybe uber-spunky, even.

That means something else over the pond :ph34r: just so you know if you are ever passing through.....

IrishHeart Veteran

That means something else over the pond :ph34r: just so you know if you are ever passing through.....

oh, buggers!!!....I know this"other meaning".... but never gave it a thought...... now, when I read what

we wrote, it is

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emo

You tell them!

Not a chance, way too embarassed :blink: . We use it to mean the same as you guys do too sometimes, but then we giggle a lot and get all shy :o
  ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

Not a chance, way too embarassed :blink: . We use it to mean the same as you guys do too sometimes, but then we giggle a lot and get all shy :o

;)

you must be in stitches right now....look how tiny your print is 

I can't stop laughing...o m g !!  :lol:

I'm trying to hide. Did it work? I promise I'll stip after this post :ph34r:

IrishHeart Veteran

I'm trying to hide. Did it work? I promise I'll stip after this post :ph34r:

hehehehe.....Mr. IH wants to know why I am laughing so hard...shall I tell him?