This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Adalaide Mentor

In theory my husband is bringing me some Tyson nuggets tonight. I have some Alexia sweet potato tots in the freezer too. Those will be supper tonight and probably tomorrow too.

I'm just thrilled right now that I can eat at all. I had a stupid lumbar puncture on Wednesday and got the headache when I got out of bed on Thursday when I tried to get out of bed. I talked the clinic into doing the blood patch today since they aren't open on weekends and usually force a 3 day wait. In plain English, there was no f'n way I was waiting til Monday. I'm allowed out of bed a little at a time now and don't get blinding, head exploding headaches. I do feel like I have an elephant on my back but I'll take it! And drugs... lots of drugs. It just feels so good not to be completely helpless anymore. I can get to the fridge for my own yogurt and drinks now and I should even be able to oven my own dinner tomorrow when I'm home alone. Best of all, I'm allowed to sit up enough to hold a book. :D

Oh, and if I don't see you again before you leave cause idk when you're going... have fun in Croatia and eat lots of sweets for me!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

notme Experienced

In theory my husband is bringing me some Tyson nuggets tonight. I have some Alexia sweet potato tots in the freezer too. Those will be supper tonight and probably tomorrow too.

I'm just thrilled right now that I can eat at all. I had a stupid lumbar puncture on Wednesday and got the headache when I got out of bed on Thursday when I tried to get out of bed. I talked the clinic into doing the blood patch today since they aren't open on weekends and usually force a 3 day wait. In plain English, there was no f'n way I was waiting til Monday. I'm allowed out of bed a little at a time now and don't get blinding, head exploding headaches. I do feel like I have an elephant on my back but I'll take it! And drugs... lots of drugs. It just feels so good not to be completely helpless anymore. I can get to the fridge for my own yogurt and drinks now and I should even be able to oven my own dinner tomorrow when I'm home alone. Best of all, I'm allowed to sit up enough to hold a book. :D

Oh, and if I don't see you again before you leave cause idk when you're going... have fun in Croatia and eat lots of sweets for me!

:( addy, you poor baby :(  mercy in heaven, you have been through it lately.. feel better soon.

love2 - bolognese with cream and milk - i have never made bolognese sauce but it always looked like something the hubs would like :) have you got a handy recipe?  (i know your internet has been sub par - i feel ya - been fighting with ours all day - i'm on now so i feel like i'm winning lolz)

seared scallops w/brown butter sauce

mushroom risotto

(this counts as a vege i swear!)  my oysters (they have spinach!  totally counts ;)  )

Adalaide Mentor

This is the recipe (I think) she threw at me when I was complaining about my MIL's sauce. It is positively divine. (I couldn't find veal so I used lamb... tragic!) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mario-batali/ragu-bolognese-recipe2/index.html

Also, here's a video of him making it because I'm a visual learner. That may be a lie, I may just have a crush on him and kinda think he's hot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqBqiGM1O54

Yes, I'm outta bed again. I can't take it any more, I'm going freaking crazy. I also can't eat cantaloupe out of the shell in bed cause its messy. Hubs got me one and cut it in half for me so I could have it whenever, all I needed was to go to the kitchen if I was home alone. He's so awesome. So naturally I end up here if I'm not in bed. :D

Adalaide Mentor

omg... he's yelling at me for being outta bed :ph34r:

notme Experienced

he needs to get in line - GET YO ACE BACK IN DA BED MISSY!  lolz - i knew i liked your hubs ;)

edited to add:  i should practice what i preach - i'm out like shout - sweet dreams, y'all :)

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Hey love2

ooh, remember to take some nice pictures in that amazing restaurant this time, I recall you mentioned the scenery was very good (European compound recruits?)

I ate out for the first time in a year tonight, chicken and fries, all supposed.to fine for celiac dedicated fryer etc. so fingers.crossed tonight.....

IrishHeart Veteran

MW

Yaaay! on the eating out thinger, sweets! simple pleasures, my friend xx

ADDY

get back in bed this instant, young lady, Don't make me come over there! Feel better soon, toots!.xx

SKI

I know you can hear me. ski ski ski ski ski please feel better soon! I miss ya xx

LOVE2

I hope you are also feeling better and that your internet stops misbehaving and that your upcoming visit to Croatia is healing and restorative. And I hope Bingley is all better too !

Send me a postcard and/or pics, please because the last ones were glorious xx

I made a meatless lasagne with bechamel for dinner (not my preference, but).. one of the friends helping us pack the PODS container today is a vegetarian. Bless his heart. I'd love to be a vegetarian, on principle, I guess....but I love meat, and meat loves me so that just ain't happening....(he also has anemia, some anxiety and cannot sleep ,,,why? hmm.....because he eats too much gluten and soy (blech)?hell yEAH!! , but he does not listen to ole IH and he has no wife to pester him about it either :lol: )  if I could slip him some liver somehow, I would.....he he he

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Believe me, I will. We are going to a white truffle festival again, too, and will be consuming tons of fresh fish and seafood. We leave in 20 days and are gone for an entire month. :-)
shadowicewolf Proficient

Probably a wrap with veggies. Its too warm to cook.

Marilyn R Community Regular

We had venison Ropa Vieja over brown rice with zucchini pancakes (put some jalapeno peppers in there to make them interesting), homemade applesauce and a Romaine salad with balsamic vinaigrette.   Miniature Snickers Bar for desert.

I was bootscootin' happy to find out I do not have diabetes!!!!!

Adalaide Mentor

I was bootscootin' happy to find out I do not have diabetes!!!!!

That's good news. :D

Hubs brought me an Udi's frozen pizza tonight. It was... frozen pizza. It wasn't spectacular but it wasn't bad either. The problem though is that I ate the whole thing and was kinda still hungry. :ph34r: I suppose maybe I haven't been eating much lately and getting up and about a bit is giving me an appetite back. At any rate, I've probably been up about as long as I should be for now so I'm going back to lay around like a bum some more.

come dance with me Enthusiast

Potato bake, salad and lentil patties.

love2travel Mentor

Grilled corn on the cob with lemon chive butter

Herbed roast baby potatoes with crisp capers

Japanese cucumber salad (fresh cukes)

Grilled Cumberland sausages

Fudge brownies

kareng Grand Master

Too stinking hot to cook, inside or out so - Cheese and fruit and crackers. Might turn the oven on long enough to try a recipe for a cheese bread thing called " oopsies".

Adalaide Mentor

I decided that in anticipation of the new season of Grey's Anatomy starting I am watching the entire rest of the series start to finish. Today I should get through season 2 and part of 3 no problem. I was out of bed this morning earlier for like 45 whole minutes before the pain started. :D I still can't bend at all but whatever. I'm not dizzy any more either. I'm thinking between every 2 episodes I should be able to maybe do a few dishes. And wash my hair...

I'm also going to make some beefaroni today. My husband found a really great deal and bought a few cases of beefaroni for himself for 50 cents a can, brand name too. I know the stuff is terrible but I used to love it and now I want it again so I looked up a recipe and made him get all the stuff out for me so I don't have to bend and crap. I'll be home alone for like 10 hours today and I need something to eat and to do. I'm about half mad with boredom which is somehow worse now that I'm semi-mobile and sort of but not really self-reliant again.

IrishHeart Veteran

K  

too hot?  got a heat wave in Kansas? your dinner sounds great to me.

ok, what the devil is "oopsies?' do tell :)

(sounds like something we might have said in the old days if we had a sudden bout of D in the pants--as in omg! whatthe...arrgh.., oopsies!)

Addy

I know you are bored. Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon xx

Marilyn

Very glad to hear you do not have diabetes! 

We're  still packing and tonight is looking like white broccolu garlic pizza. Yes, lasagne last night, pizza tonight.

Using up all the stuff in the fridge and it is very very fattening, but I work it all off....

lugging things out to the PODS thinger and I do not care a whit since tomorrow, I fast and bowel prep for double procedure fun on Tuesday.

whoohoo?.  <_<

kareng Grand Master

K

too hot? got a heat wave in Kansas? your dinner sounds great to me.

ok, what the devil is "oopsies?' do tell :)

(sounds like something we might have said in the old days if we had a sudden bout of D in the pants--as in omg! whatthe...arrgh.., oopsies!)

Addy

I know you are bored. Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon xx

Marilyn

Very glad to hear you do not have diabetes!

We're still packing and tonight is looking like white broccolu garlic pizza. Yes, lasagne last night, pizza tonight.

Using up all the stuff in threfridge and it is very very fattening, but I work it all off....

lugging things out to the PODS thinger and I do not care a whit since tomorrow, I fast and bowel prep for double procedure fun on Tuesday.

whoohoo?. <_<

About 100F today.

Not sure if these " oopsies" are good. Haven't tried them. Let me see if I can copy the recipe. Be right back

The recipe I have is this one but without sweetener

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=259930

Edited by kareng
IrishHeart Veteran

well, they sure look interesting..... tell us how they come out.

hey... if they come out looking great are they called "perfecties"?? 

YO ADDY!

I just bubble wrapped and duck- taped to death a package for you. 

It's something I know you can use and it will make you smile.

I'll send it out tomorrow.  :)

I'm pretty sure part of my finger may be stuck to the tape....now, you've got my DNA. Please don't use it to commit a crime. 

I would not make it in prison..... all that gluten and stuff... :unsure:(shudder) 

notme Experienced

those do look interesting, karen :)  i might accidently have to try those!

ih, it's the milk carton for you!!  :D  

tonight is: 

chicken cacciatore <however you spell it....... <_<

jasmine rice <so it's fusion cuisine lolz

yellow squash <probly make ribbons w/butter

IrishHeart Veteran

those do look interesting, karen :)  i might accidently have to try those!

ih, it's the milk carton for you!!   :D

tonight is: 

chicken cacciatore <however you spell it....... <_<

jasmine rice <so it's fusion cuisine lolz

yellow squash <probly make ribbons w/butter

That's how I spell it.... FWIW

and fusion  cuisine is "chic"   ;) 

have to hold my temper --1 more week....asshat neighbors are shooting BOOMING guns and when I yelled 

Ok, thanks, That's enough,,,,he yelled "just gettin started" and the other jerkwads laughed (cannot see them through the trees, mind

you so they are very "brave" )

($you@fu*^%!!!)

breathe...just breathe...

wine, food, sleep...8 more days.....

shadowicewolf Proficient

Pasta tossed with broccoli and a little parmasan cheese. Something simple.

kareng Grand Master

So I made " Oopsies" . They are a bit bland with a fallen soufflé texture. I put salted sunflower seeds on a few and that was pretty good. We thought we might make them bite sized with a sprinkle of cooked bacon on top and maybe, when almost cooked, add a sprinkle of a sharp cheddar. They have a very fun texture so I could see putting some flavorful ham and cheese or salami and making a sandwich. This is what I did:

3 eggs

3.5 oz 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese ( softened)

Pinch of salt

1 teaspoon baking powder

separate eggs. Whip the egg whites with salt until very stiff . Mix the egg yolks and cream cheese and baking powder until smooth. Then fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture. Try not to stir out all the air. Glop onto a cookie sheet ( I think I would lightly grease next time). Add any seeds or maybe cooked bacon now.

Bake at 300F for 25 minutes ( I did about 17 minutes at 300 with convection on). They will brown on top.

moniego Newbie

Roasted vegetables:

1 parsnip

3 gold yukon potatoes

1 sweet potato

2 shallots

1/4 cup olive oil

1 teaspoon thyme

2 teaspoons rosemary

Everything chopped up no bigger than 3/4 inches, roasted @475 for 40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.  It's surprisingly good for how simple it is :)

Adalaide Mentor

I'm very personality disorder about surprises. I love them, but I hate them. It could be because of my complete lack of patience I suppose. I'll have to refrain from bouncing around the house waiting and stick with watching too much tv and doing a few dishes as my stupid back permits.

Just keep reminding yourself that you won't do well in prison and it will get you through with the neighbors until you leave. :lol: Hope you survive your ordeal far better than I survived mine. Good luck! :wub:

I should be living with someone else for dinner. Tonight though I'm finally getting real cooked food again. I'm making my husband help me cook some pork chops, I'll probably just fry them because its easy and quick. And he brought me a honeydew I can make him cut up for me. And I sort of got him hooked on Grey's Anatomy now. *snicker*

come dance with me Enthusiast

Just put the pasta sauce in the slow cooker.  It has diced carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato, chopped onion and spinach, a sprinkling of chives, chopped tomatoes, garlic and lentils.  Will add the pasta later.  It's a new one, the one that Coles now has out, never tried it before so I'll cook that on the stove and see how it turns out, we have San Remo on standby but if this one works then that will be great, it's $3 for a big box.